Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

I don't care about America Chavez or her writer, but it's ridiculous how Marvel is just throwing these newbie writers into the deep end like this. What the hell are the editors doing when their writers are turning out messy issues like this?

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    I don't care about America Chavez or her writer, but it's ridiculous how Marvel is just throwing these newbie writers into the deep end like this. What the hell are the editors doing when their writers are turning out messy issues like this?
    I actually think Gaby Rivera shows potential in this first issue. There are a lot of cool stuff happening in the book and I like it. I'm not the target audience but I'd argue this is easily the most gorgeous book out right now, next to Amazing Spider-Man and Star-Lord.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    I actually think Gaby Rivera shows potential in this first issue. There are a lot of cool stuff happening in the book and I like it. I'm not the target audience but I'd argue this is easily the most gorgeous book out right now, next to Amazing Spider-Man and Star-Lord.
    For you perhaps. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. Personally, I'm sticking to Monstress (Image) with Sana Takeda art.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    For you perhaps. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. Personally, I'm sticking to Monstress (Image) with Sana Takeda art.
    I meant Marvel Comics. Let me add Samnee's Black Widow to that list.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

Incredible Member

New release being offered for free = DOA

I meant Marvel Comics. Let me add Samnee's Black Widow to that list.
    To you, America's art is gorgeous. To me, it is anything but (even if just limiting the scope to Marvel comics). Personal preferences.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Got the issue the other day and read it today. I must agree with some of the other posters that this is not for me.
    The art is fine enough, but the story was really not something I enjoyed. I am not sure what it was exactly that didnt work for me.
    I think it might not be one big thing as much as a bunch of smaller things.

Well, I checked it out, the art's nice, but this book isn't my thing. I hope that it finds an audience and that a lot of people like it, but for me it's kind of ehh.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Well, I checked it out, the art's nice, but this book isn't my thing. I hope that it finds an audience and that a lot of people like it, but for me it's kind of ehh.
    I could DEFINITELY see some friends of mine falling head over heels for this. It's a shame neither of them understand English very well tho. I'll make sure to introduce them the character tho. I actually think the book is gorgeous, it has a distinct voice and queer/lbgt comic book fans should be praising the shit out of it because it's at the very least an insanely beautiful book imho. Honestly could see America becoming the first LBGT character in the Marvel Studios films, even before Wiccan and Hulkling.
    Pull list:

I could DEFINITELY see some friends of mine falling head over heels for this. It's a shame neither of them understand English very well tho. I'll make sure to introduce them the character tho. I actually think the book is gorgeous, it has a distinct voice and queer/lbgt comic book fans should be praising the shit out of it because it's at the very least an insanely beautiful book imho. Honestly could see America becoming the first LBGT character in the Marvel Studios films, even before Wiccan and Hulkling.
    The thing for me is, I usually like younger characters. I think I would like this book if I were younger, the dialogue made me roll my eyes a couple times.

Extraordinary Member

I'm a teenager and the dialogue sucks to me.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    New release being offered for free = DOA
    I think Marvel perhaps, by perusing blogs and MBs, overestimated the draw of the lead character. Got the free sample and it was pretty eye-rolly in spots (Hitler)