Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mr. Higgins Comes Home

An OGN coming late October...

The title of the article is slightly inaccurate since Mike Mignola never stopped writing comics, even if he took a sabbatical from the art side of things.

This looks like fun, although I thought Mike might return to drawing comics that aren't Hellboy related.

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    This looks like fun, although I thought Mike might return to drawing comics that aren't Hellboy related.
    I'm sure he will.

This is due out on Wednesday.

Mr. Higgins Comes Home HC
    Preparations begin at Castle Golga for the annual festival of the undead, as a pair of fearless vampire killers question a man hidden away in a monastery on the Baltic Sea. The mysterious Mr. Higgins wants nothing more than to avoid the scene of his wife's death, and the truth about what happened to him in that castle. However, these heroic men sworn to rid the world of the vampire scourge inspire Higgins to venture out and to end the only suffering he really cares about--his own.

This sendup of classic vampire stories sees Mignola teaming with British artist Warwick Johnson-Cadwell (Solid State Tank Girl, No. 1 Car Spotter) for an original graphic novel as outlandish as The Amazing Screw-On Head.

Writer: Mike Mignola
    Artist: Warwick Johnson-Cadwell
    Cover Artist: Mike Mignola
    Genre: Horror, Fantasy

Publication Date: October 18, 2017
    Format: FC, 56 pages; HC; 6 5/8'' x 10 3/16''
    Price: $14.99
    Age range: 14
    ISBN-10: 1-50670-466-2
    ISBN-13: 978-1-50670-466-1
    https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/3001...-Comes-Home-HC

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This book was amazing! It definitely had that great hammer horror feel that Mike talked about in the dedication down pat.

* Mignolaversity: Warwick Johnson-Cadwell Discusses “Mr. Higgins Comes Home”
    By Mark Tweedale | October 18th, 2017
    If you didn’t know already, Warwick Johnson-Cadwell (“Helena Crash,” “Solid State Tank Girl”) teamed up with Mike Mignola to create an original graphic novel, “Mr. Higgins Comes Home.” The book comes out today, but just in case you haven’t rushed out to buy it straight away, this interview is spoiler free.
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...talks-higgins/

Yeah, my local comic book store got heaps of it in and it sold out immediately. They were very happy and hope for a reprint real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This book was amazing! It definitely had that great hammer horror feel that Mike talked about in the dedication down pat.
    I agree, it took me a few months to get to it in my reading pile, but wow, very Hammer-esque.