View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Science #29

1 5.00%
  • Curse Words #4

0 0%
  • Descender #21

0 0%
  • God Country #4

2 10.00%
  • I Hate Fairyland #12

0 0%
  • Injection #12

1 5.00%
  • Invincible #135

3 15.00%
  • Low #17

1 5.00%
  • Monstress #11

4 20.00%
  • Plastic #1 (series premiere)

1 5.00%
  • Redneck #1 (series premiere)

3 15.00%
  • Royal City #2

1 5.00%
  • Sex Criminals #18

1 5.00%
  • Other - The Beauty #14, Eclipse #6, The Few #4

1 5.00%
  • Other - Horizon #10, Mirror #7, She Wolf #8

1 5.00%

Default Image Comics poll week 16 - Plastic Rednecks

Welcome everyone, it's the weekly Image poll. Participating is super easy, just vote for the comic you like best and chat about them!

Last week's poll was, perhaps predictably, won by Green Valley #7. I say predictably, because despite not winning any of our polls in 2017 yet, Green Valley did consistently perform well last year.

This week is an absolute stonker in terms of volume, so let's do the rundown. Descender finishes another storyline, setting the stage for its upcoming Rise of the Robots event storyline. Another ending is found in She Wolf, which wraps up its mini-series as was announced. God Country reprints all of its previous issues AGAIN, as appears to be custom for the series by now. And Invincible ships with an alternate cover to celebrate April Fool's day... Nearly 3 weeks after the fact? I guess that's the real April Fool's?

With all other books in this giant week caught up in the middle of storylines, let's take a look at the newcomers too.
    First up we get Plastic, a story about a dude with murderous urges who finally meets the love of his life over the Internet. She calms his vile urges and psychotic tendencies, except there's one catch: the woman's actually a plastic sexdoll. When a billionaire from Louisiana kidnaps the sexdoll all hell breaks loose, with our serial killer back at it again. This is a mini-series scheduled to run 5 issues.

Second up is Redneck, a story about a family of vampires who run a barbecue joint in Texas, serving up brisket. Written by the writer from God Country, so you can totally expect things to go off the wall very soon. I presume soon the real rednecks will be those bitten by vampires.

276742.jpg 276744.jpg

Monstress, Injection and Redneck for me this week. I enjoyed them all but it was between Monstress and Redneck for top spot and Redneck edged it, a very strong first issue and I look forward it seeing where it goes.
    Monthly: Batwoman, Black Hammer, Black Magick, Detective Comics, Injection, Extremity, Heathen, Lazarus, Monstress, The Old Guard.
    Mini Series: Abbott, Return to Whisper, Songs for the Dead.
    TPB/HC: Animosity, East of West, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Southern Cross, The Woods.

Descender and LOW for me. My two favorite Image books. Good week.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

wow-- no Image titles for me this week...
    but then, my sum-total take was only four titles--2 dynamite, one black mask, one Vertigo... hmmm... on the indy boards!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Black Science #29
    Curse Words #4
    I Hate Fairyland #12
    Injection #12
    Monstress #11

BANNED

Damn Redneck with 2 votes for the first issue? What rock was Cates hiding under again?

Also I didn't know that the new Eclipse arc was coming out. That's a good book

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Descender and LOW for me. My two favorite Image books. Good week.
    Read them both this morning. Went with LOW. Nothing major happened in either issue, but I felt like more happened in LOW. Descender was good though. Both a breeze to read through.

Invincible as always.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Little late, but Monstress took it for me this week. Lord, that was creepy...