Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Richard Alexander

All-New Member

I still hope that the cover only shows Circe's civilian disguise.

But overall I'm torn.
    On the one hand Veronica Cale is becoming a quite interesting character and Godwatch in general is fascinating.
    But on the other hand I would have loved to see actual early Wonder Woman stories and not these huge gapes in time between each issue.

I didn't read, just looked at the pics. (Don't want to spoil the story.) Evely's fight choreography looked pretty good. Hope the art is sustained throughout the issue and doesn't collapse at the end...like last time.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Glad to see Cheetah is getting up to stuff in the intervening years besides just feasting on people and crying (not that I blame her all that much for that last part). I wonder what her goal is by desecrating and stealing from those temples?

So annoying that this preview cuts off right before the Circe reveal.

Wow, Cheetah looks so much better this time than last issue. And the fight coreography, as Largo said, is on point.

I'm more and more excited about this.

AND POOR IZZY!!! COME BACK GIRL WE'RE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Glad to see Cheetah is getting up to stuff in the intervening years besides just feasting on people and crying (not that I blame her all that much for that last part). I wonder what her goal is by desecrating and stealing from those temples?
    It looks like she stole those things specifically for Cale to summon Circe with. Cyber mentions it, and we can see Cale going through the bag Cheetah was holding.

Anyway, preview looking good! I'm quite enjoying this storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    It looks like she stole those things specifically for Cale to summon Circe with. Cyber mentions it, and we can see Cale going through the bag Cheetah was holding.
    I'm very curious to see how is that Cheetah-Cale relation. Is Cheetah just serving Cale because of their first meeting? Because she owes Cale for paying for her early research? I really don't know what Cale could offer her.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I really hope Circe doesn't look like she does on the cover when she's fighting Diana. Hopefully the look on the cover is a "civilian disguise" for her.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I wonder if Circe really was in the phone book, so they didn't need to bother getting all these trinkets to summon her ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    I'm very curious to see how is that Cheetah-Cale relation. Is Cheetah just serving Cale because of their first meeting? Because she owes Cale for paying for her early research? I really don't know what Cale could offer her.
    I was under the impression, from how they interacted, that Barbara joined Godwatch or worked with Cale as Cheetah so she could cure her of her lust for human flesh. It was Cale promising her that, finally, that got her to become Cheetah again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Circe really was in the phone book, so they didn't need to bother getting all these trinkets to summon her ?

I was under the impression, from how they interacted, that Barbara joined Godwatch or worked with Cale as Cheetah so she could cure her of her lust for human flesh. It was Cale promising her that, finally, that got her to become Cheetah again.
    Well, she runs a Pharmaceutical company after all. That makes a lot of sense!

What if Circe's return isn't a 'return', at all?

Maybe, this new Circe is a mortal, who, after tomb-raiding up that breastplate she's wearing, ..manifests or channels Circe's power through it! That would be ten times more interesting than the skanky witch routine, we've been fed, since the 70s. Maybe, Mr. Rucka is giving us a brand-new character, with a simple origin, backstory and motivation! Considering the last thirty years, that would almost be TOO much to hope for, bu-uut, ..with that new look on the cover...?

I've been half-dreading Circe's inevitable return. Now, I'm intrigued.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

How's this going to mesh with the Circe that's appearing in Trinity?? And who was also in SM/WW

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    How's this going to mesh with the Circe that's appearing in Trinity?? And who was also in SM/WW
    SM/WW was probably retconned, maybe this Circe look is a human disguise

But rebirth has a trinity comic where Circe has purple hair.

Could simply be a human diguise.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-08-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    But rebirth has a trinity comic where Circe has purple hair.

Could simply be a human diguise.
    I really hope they keep this look for Circe, I'd hate to see it changed after getting used to it.