Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Legion is to television what Watchmen was to comics

Legion has raised the bar for superhero/comics television

simply an amazing show

It makes me not even want to continue watching Agents of Shield because of how plain (not saying AoS is bad) but Legion is something else

It's a great show, but I don't think it's game changer like Watchmen was to comics. It isn't any more groundbreaking than Mr. Robot, WestWorld or Twin Peaks.

If we're talking about comic book adaptations, it's certainly one of the best, but Preacher, Jessica Jones etc are also pretty good. AoS has never been very good. The CW shows are ok, but very formulaic and I couldn't stand Gotham.
    Last edited by Factor; 03-09-2017 at 05:41 AM.

So much hyperbole this days. Is the first season even over yet??

To compare something to a classic, it has to be remembered.

Let's see in 5 years if people go, "bruh, remember Legion? That shit is dope"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

It's a cool show so far. But I wouldn't want everything to be like it, just as every comic doesn't have to be Watchmen to be enjoyable.

As cool and innovative as Legion is, I love also the characters of AoS and I don't need it to be next level television to be invested in it. Just like Watchmen is an admirable achievement and it advanced the medium, sometimes you just want to chill with a solid issue of, say, Uncanny X-Men and both experiences are satisfying in their own way.

It's an OK comic show but it is not "The Watchmen of Television".

The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Seinfeld, Twin Peaks, Mad Men, and literal scores of shows are much better.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

That's a bit extreme lol.

We have a lot of cases of shows that began amazing and we thought were game changers, and then they fizzled into irrelevancy. Looking at you Heroes.

Legion is good but it's by no means amazing, it's basically a comic book version of Hannibal with lesser production values and lesser script writing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    It's an OK comic show but it is not "The Watchmen of Television".

The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Seinfeld, Twin Peaks, Mad Men, and literal scores of shows are much better.
    I think trying to compare it classic dramas like that isn't really fair

as far as comic shows go its the best one yet, not even debatable

You know, i think that Logan is the one that could have that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    You made the comparison in the thread title. There's nothing especially groundbreaking about Legion, so in what way is it "the Watchmen" of anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Random4
    Sure it is. Season one of Daredevil is much more entertaining and Jessica Jones presents a much more interesting protagonist. The cinematography and writing in Legion are B+ at best. It's got an interesting hook, but has only run what six episodes?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

BANNED

You made the comparison in the thread title. There's nothing especially groundbreaking about Legion, so in what way is it "the Watchmen" of anything?

Sure it is. Season one of Daredevil is much more entertaining and Jessica Jones presents a much more interesting protagonist. The cinematography and writing in Legion are B+ at best. It's got an interesting hook, but has only run what six episodes?
    writing of legion is more surreal than those works, its very much like Twin Peaks

I do think Legion will surpass any of those MCU shows, for the simple fact were dealing with Noah Hawley, the guy that does Fargo...probably the best tv show creator in the game now

BANNED

Should've posted this in the x-forum, a lot upset posters here since the Iron Fist reviews came out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Should've posted this in the x-forum, a lot upset posters here since the Iron Fist reviews came out.

I do believe that the fact that this isn't in the MCU is the reason there is some backlash on this show by some posters here.

regardless of what you think of the writing

the Cinematography, the music, the sets, the acting, the visuals all of that is above any MCU show to date

I do believe that the fact that this isn't in the MCU is the reason there is some backlash on this show by some posters here.

regardless of what you think of the writing

the Cinematography, the music, the sets, the acting, the visuals all of that is above any MCU show to date
    There's no backlash. It's a decent show, you just made a claim that is impossible to support six episode in.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Yeah, echo chambers are great.
    Pull List:

BANNED

Yeah, echo chambers are great.
    Echo chamber? Lol it's at 93% on rotten tomatoes after 53 reviews. Rotten tomatoes isn't an x-board. Granted, I realize admitting Legion is a great show after 6 heavily praised episodes would also mean admitting the new Iron First series sucks based on it's 6 first episode. It's currently at 0% after 11 reviews.