Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Metropolis is Under Attack!

Metropolis of the DC Universe is being attacked on three separate days by three separate threats.

Day 1:
    - Frieza (Revival of F), Tagoma(Ginyu), Abo and Cado, Ginyu Force(Minus Ginyu), Zarbon, Dodoria, Cui, Appule, 10,000 Soldiers
    - Final Form Cooler, Salza, Dore, Neiz, Big Gete Star
    - King Cold, Lord Chilled, Frost

Day 2:
    -Godzilla (2014) All Other Kaiju & Mechs
    -All Pacific Rim Kaiju & Mechs
    -The Cloverfield Monster and 1,000 offspring
    -King Kong(2017)
    -Alien Queen and 10,000 Xenomorphs
    -Gamera and All other Kaiju
    -Ultraman
    -All Attack on Titan, Titans

Day 3:

-Aku and his Entire Army
    -Shendu, Tarakudo, Daolo Wong, Drago, All Shaadowkahn, All Demon Sorcerers
    -Every Danny Phantom Ghost

Metropolis Will Have the Entire Justice League, Teen Titans, Watchmen, Amazons, Kryptonians, Green Lantern Corps, and Marvel Family.

Can they keep Metropolis safe for 3 days?

BANNED

I think that group of defenders can easily just put the entire planet safely in a pocket universe until the mayhem has passed.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Day 1: Current Supes should be strong and fast enough to murder most of these guys. As I understand it, he's effectively the merger of Post Crisis and Nu52 Supes, and should effectively have their planet-lifting, moon-smashing, read-a-library-in-seconds-speed feats. I think that puts him well above the frost demons' pay grade, so he drags them to orbit and obliterates them one at a time, then explodes the Big Gete Star to stop more Coolers from arriving while the other heroes mop up the minions.

Day 2: Supes space tosses most of the Kaiju. Flash Infinite Mass Punches all the Clover babies and Xenomorphs in some ridiculously tiny fraction of a second, and vibrates through any acid splashback.

That leaves a few mechs and Kaiju that might be able to deal with that. I'm pretty sure 2014 Godzilla and Kong are a shared universe, (MUTOs are apparently a thing in both films) but assuming "All other Kaiju and Mechs" means from the Toho franchise instead of a handful of MUTOs and no mechs, Space Godzilla would probably not be terribly inconvenienced by space-tossing. Gipsy Danger has some thruster capability and might be able to come back down if Supes just aims to throw it into orbit instead of trying to huck it out of the solar system. And Ultraman has a number of versions, most of which I'm unfamiliar with and might be spaceworthy. Those three he punches/heat beams. Unless Ultraman is much more overpowered than I think, that should handle them.

Day 3:

Shen Du gets his talismans plucked, and then space-tossed. Space-tossing also works for a few of the other demon sorcerers--Po Kong, Hsi Wu, and Dai Gui have no way of moving in a vacuum, and Xiao Fung needs to suck in air to do his wind blasts, so if space-tossed at the right time, he'll be unable to come back as well. Tchang Zu, Tso Lan, and Bai Tza have shown abilities that allow them to traverse space, so need to get trapped. Probably Doctor Fate or Zatanna could come up with something to handle those, though. Or Flash could raid Daolon Wong's paraphernalia to find the correct chant and items and banish them.

Daolon Wong is, IIRC, just another chi magician like Uncle. He should require chants and items to do anything, which means Flash kidnaps him, strips him naked, duct tapes his mouth shut, and probably asplodes him with a mach punch if he doesn't first bring the guy to Wonder Woman to lasso or Martian Manhunter to telepathically interrogate for the correct spells to banish the Demon Sorcerers.

Tarakudo and the Shadowkhan should also be something the magic using JLAers can arrange to handle. Various spirit binding spells or techniques should be able to imprison them, and Zatanna should have no trouble conjuring onions and samurai hair, assuming she knows to do so.

I have no idea what Danny Phantom's ghosts are capable of, but IIRC the series involved various technological ways of mucking with ghosts. That means someone like Cyborg or Mr. Terrific should be able to adapt or reinvent that tech to neutralize and banish the ghosts.

The real problem here is Aku. His army is huge, and Aku is, IIRC, a mass of primordial darkness, probably the equivalent of an elder Greek Titan or something similarly existentially potent. He freely shapeshifts, teleports, and ignores stuff that isn't some sort of sacred holy weapon.

As Carabas mentions, the heroes' best option might be to shrink and bottle the city (They've probably got some of Braniac's tech lying around to do that with...) while someone goes to fetch Excalibur or something similar to hit Aku with, even if Flash has to carry Shining Knight in order to indirectly poke Aku with the sword...

Astonishing Member

Well, I would like to know the lay out of the DCU forces in more details. Kryptonians? The best showing of the GLC at 7200 members? The entire Justice League - current version?

Anyway, Group 1 and 2 are just stomps.

3 is troublesome with Aku, I'm afraid I don't know the others. But if they are physically vulnerable and do not have speed, they are blitzed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Day 1: Current Supes should be strong and fast enough to murder most of these guys. As I understand it, he's effectively the merger of Post Crisis and Nu52 Supes, and should effectively have their planet-lifting, moon-smashing, read-a-library-in-seconds-speed feats. I think that puts him well above the frost demons' pay grade, so he drags them to orbit and obliterates them one at a time, then explodes the Big Gete Star to stop more Coolers from arriving while the other heroes mop up the minions.
    Right so; no he isn't. He isn't doing much other than bouncing right off of Golden Frieza, Forst, and Tagoma(or any of the named characters outside of Zarbon, Dodoria, Cui, Appule and the Ginyu force really) for starters, and he isn't surviving their attacks. That isn't even getting into speed(he is still a significant fraction of light, just as both post and pre flashpoint Supermen were, and even if Reborn Supes is no some sort of a "stacked" composite; the only major difference is that he would not be slightly FTL in reactions, since pre-flashpoint Superman was hilariously weaker and less durable than his NU counterpart, so any addition there is negligible at best)where he shouldn't have much of an advantage over Frieza, if any. And if "Final Form Cooler" is also "Mecha Cooler" from the movie; then Supes is also screwed as the movie characters were far more powerful than their pre-super canon counterparts. Cooler would hold a huuuuge speed advantage over Supes(he could react to the instant transmission technique qhich, in the movies; is described solely as a speed enhancement move that allows the user to travel, and react to speeds that allows them to traverse an entire galaxy in a day) and have more than enough power to put on severe hurt on him at that.

The real problem here is Aku. His army is huge, and Aku is, IIRC, a mass of primordial darkness, probably the equivalent of an elder Greek Titan or something similarly existentially potent. He freely shapeshifts, teleports, and ignores stuff that isn't some sort of sacred holy weapon.
    Except he doesn't always. Jack had no problem hurting him when they had their fist fight, so as long as he isn't using his magic he is vulnerable. Even then there is nothing to suggest that normal attacks couldn't hurt him, it's just that nothing as been powerful enough to do so as he could heal from it. I sincerely doubt he would survive a full on heat vision attack from Supes.

Sames goes for his army really. Nothing is stopping Supes from going "Injustice" on them:

Last edited by Cody; 04-22-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Sames goes for his army really. Nothing is stopping Supes from going "Injustice" on them:

Injustice: The only universe where anybody cares about Parademons.

Batman getting bathurt over Superman saving everyone was hilarious.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Injustice: The only universe where anybody cares about Parademons.

Batman getting bathurt over Superman saving everyone was hilarious.
    Injustice Batman is about almost as bad as Injustice Superman. He has done some very questionable things himself, yet still thinks hes morally superior than Supes due to the fact that he never killed. As if that makes a difference. Cops, soldiers, and the like kill when they have too; so are they murderers to him too? Are they below him because of it? Does that somehow excuse him for manipulating people into cripplehood just so he could manipulate some of his old comrades? No it does not. And I don't know why the writers feel the need to make him out to be some sort of hero when he is just as much of a problem as Superman.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Injustice Batman is about almost as bad as Injustice Superman. He has done some very questionable things himself, yet still thinks hes morally superior than Supes due to the fact that he never killed. As if that makes a difference. Cops, soldiers, and the like kill when they have too; so are they murderers to him too? Are they below him because of it? Does that somehow excuse him for manipulating people into cripplehood just so he could manipulate some of his old comrades? No it does not. And I don't know why the writers feel the need to make him out to be some sort of hero when he is just as much of a problem as Superman.
    I think the arguments he would make is that cops and the like (hopefully) only kill because they need to, whereas superheroes, being wildly more powerful and competent than normal people, should almost never need to. This is the "there's always another way" thesis. Indeed, when Superman kills, it is usually out of simple expedience. He might also add that, as cultural icons, they have a higher moral obligation than your average cop or soldier. Finally, he might point out that he was totally right about it being a slippery slope from loosening restraint in the use of superpowers to total superpowered tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    I think the arguments he would make is that cops and the like (hopefully) only kill because they need to, whereas superheroes, being wildly more powerful and competent than normal people, should almost never need to. This is the "there's always another way" thesis. Indeed, when Superman kills, it is usually out of simple expedience. He might also add that, as cultural icons, they have a higher moral obligation than your average cop or soldier. Finally, he might point out that he was totally right about it being a slippery slope from loosening restraint in the use of superpowers to total superpowered tyranny.
    Yes and no. While you make a valid point; killing doesn't exactly lead to down a dark road. The only reason it did with Supes is because his best friend(Batman) more or less abandoned him when he really needed him, and Wonder Woman was more or less shoving him into it. Then you had everyone else acting like giant assholes(Oans, Atlantians, Olympians, Batman, etc). I'd argue that what Batman did after the death of the Joker was far worse than anything Supes did before he began sitting on a throne.

And Batman had attempted to kill Darkseid in the past, so does he make exceptions when it's against other Super powered beings? Or is that just yet another instance of a version of post-crisis Batman(which is basically what Injustice Batmen are) being little more than a giant hypocrite?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

You know when you think about it, Batman would hate Toku Heroes.
    TimeRanger aside, they just shrink and freeze you, these guys have zero qualms about wasting their enemies and yet they are still friendly, outgoing and heroic.
    They would be spitting on his entire rule system just by existing!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Except he doesn't always. Jack had no problem hurting him when they had their fist fight, so as long as he isn't using his magic he is vulnerable. Even then there is nothing to suggest that normal attacks couldn't hurt him, it's just that nothing as been powerful enough to do so as he could heal from it. I sincerely doubt he would survive a full on heat vision attack from Supes.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    You know when you think about it, Batman would hate Toku Heroes.
    TimeRanger aside, they just shrink and freeze you, these guys have zero qualms about wasting their enemies and yet they are still friendly, outgoing and heroic.
    They would be spitting on his entire rule system just by existing!
    Pretty much yeah. Dragonball characters(or most Shonen anime characters actually), and even Captain America, a guy who used to be so much of a boy scout that he made Superman look like Batman by comparison, isn't "above" killing. Neither is Wolverine(male or female), Iron Man, etc. I mean I get killing shouldn't be a persons go to move, but if it's their only resort? Can you really get on their case?

Injustice Supermans first kill was very human in nature. He killed the Joker due to being brainwashed into killing his own wife and unborn child. That is something that would mess with anyone's mind, and for Superman to fly off and kill the Joker like that shows just how very "human" he is. He needed support, and instead he got shit from both Batman and that little shit Superboy(ungrateful piece of trash was shitting on Superman the moment he heard about what happened, even after he found out why, he instantly hated the man who was more or less like a parent to him since the day he gained consciousness). Other than Wonder Woman; none of his closest allies showed any empathy or understanding towards him. It's no wonder he lost it; he felt abandoned and isolated; as if what he ends up doing was the only way. They showed him no other route after all; only contempt for the man who has gone far and beyond for them, and for their planet countless of times.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Right so; no he isn't. He isn't doing much other than bouncing right off of Golden Frieza, Forst, and Tagoma(or any of the named characters outside of Zarbon, Dodoria, Cui, Appule and the Ginyu force really) for starters, and he isn't surviving their attacks. That isn't even getting into speed(he is still a significant fraction of light, just as both post and pre flashpoint Supermen were, and even if Reborn Supes is no some sort of a "stacked" composite; the only major difference is that he would not be slightly FTL in reactions, since pre-flashpoint Superman was hilariously weaker and less durable than his NU counterpart, so any addition there is negligible at best)where he shouldn't have much of an advantage over Frieza, if any. And if "Final Form Cooler" is also "Mecha Cooler" from the movie; then Supes is also screwed as the movie characters were far more powerful than their pre-super canon counterparts. Cooler would hold a huuuuge speed advantage over Supes(he could react to the instant transmission technique qhich, in the movies; is described solely as a speed enhancement move that allows the user to travel, and react to speeds that allows them to traverse an entire galaxy in a day) and have more than enough power to put on severe hurt on him at that.
    It's not that I particularly disagree with this presuming the stuff people say for how various of the DBZ people have been powered up is accurate, it's just that I'm now eagerly waiting to see if this garners a particular sort of response.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It's not that I particularly disagree with this presuming the stuff people say for how various of the DBZ people have been powered up is accurate, it's just that I'm now eagerly waiting to see if this garners a particular sort of response.
    Like this?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Right so; no he isn't. He isn't doing much other than bouncing right off of Golden Frieza
    Okay, I actually am fine with this - For some reason, being mentioned in the same fight as Cooler and King Cold made me think 'Cyborg Frieza,' which is a whole different story.