Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Pretty sure this just leaves Marvel-Studios Rep.

And the day is nearly over for me...

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Pretty sure this just leaves Marvel-Studios Rep.

And the day is nearly over for me...
    Isn't it just like a rep of a studio to leave everyone wanting. Lol.

Last two picks
    Machete (Machete kills Movie)
    Castor Troy (Face off)

Looks like we're good to go.

I'll give everyone another day to look over the team list (first page) to make sure they're happy with it. Meanwhile, I'll make preparations to get this rolling.

So, for those of you with two teams, which one are you happier with?

Weirdly enough I like my second team more even though its individually weaker than the first. I just think its gonna jell a lot better and have superior team work. The theme also puts it over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post

Weirdly enough I like my second team more even though its individually weaker than the first. I just think its gonna jell a lot better and have superior team work. The theme also puts it over the top.
    I think I'm equally happy/sad with them both, to be honest!

This will get underway at the start of next week. I'm on a mini-Easter break for the next three days.

I'm putting together a list of scenarios for the tournament. I will number them all. I will send one participating person the list with all the numbers. I will ask another participating person to send me 12 random numbers between 1 and the number of scenarios there are to pick from (that way, it's totally random and, should the two people wish to compare notes, they can).

That will decide which 12 scenarios - and in which order - this tournament will include.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post

I went for a mix of good and bad. Alot of "good" characters have huge weaknesses that hamper their overall effectiveness because moral stances and divided focus if people problems start to outweigh mission perameters. Most "evil" characters are smarter and more resourceful then "good" characters and as long as they are not insane and evil, but more of Corporate evil they can still have morals and do good, even if the good is a byproduct of their ill intended actions. This should be a fun tourney overall

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    I went for a mix of good and bad. Alot of "good" characters have huge weaknesses that hamper their overall effectiveness because moral stances and divided focus if people problems start to outweigh mission perameters. Most "evil" characters are smarter and more resourceful then "good" characters and as long as they are not insane and evil, but more of Corporate evil they can still have morals and do good, even if the good is a byproduct of their ill intended actions. This should be a fun tourney overall
    Well, my second team is all people who fought in WWII or fought against Nazis at one time or just appeared in the era, though, if I had the chance I might prefer to exchange a few members on my first team.

Currently preparing the scenario list from which I will ask a participant to choose numbers, which will decide which ones get used here (and in which order).

It's taking a little longer than I'd hoped, because I want to make a long list, so the outcome is as random as possible.

Okay, the scenarios for the 12 rounds of this tournament have been chosen...

Earlier today, I sent Stigma a list of numbered scenarios (1-30). I then asked Cleric to give me 12 random numbers between 1 and 30.

This is the outcome:

1 - Take down Clover.
    5 - Stop Ultron.
    7 - You Are Legend.
    9 - Make it through the Mist.
    13 - Stop Judgement Day.
    15 - Stop Gozer.
    18 - Take Down the Abomination.
    22 - Escape the Predators Planet.
    23 - Take Troy.
    24 - Repel Xerxes' Armies.
    27 - Jotunheim Attacks.
    30 - Escape the Kyln.

Those are the scenarios your teams will be participating in. I will add full details for each one in due course.

This tournament will still start when Cleric's existing tournament ends.

Okay, the scenarios for the 12 rounds of this tournament have been chosen...

Earlier today, I sent Stigma a list of numbered scenarios (1-30). I then asked Cleric to give me 12 random numbers between 1 and 30.

This is the outcome:

1 - Take down Clover.
    5 - Stop Ultron.
    7 - You Are Legend.
    9 - Make it through the Mist.
    13 - Stop Judgement Day.
    15 - Stop Gozer.
    18 - Take Down the Abomination.
    22 - Escape the Predators Planet.
    23 - Take Troy.
    24 - Repel Xerxes' Armies.
    27 - Jotunheim Attacks.
    30 - Escape the Kyln.

Those are the scenarios your teams will be participating in. I will add full details for each one in due course.

This tournament will still start when Cleric's existing tournament ends.
    Sounds like some interesting scenarios

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Nice scenarios that cover alot of different situations to try and get through. Looks like this will be some good fun.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Nice scenarios that cover alot of different situations to try and get through. Looks like this will be some good fun.
    Agreed, though I'm curious about some of them, such as scenerio 1, that is if it is the Cloverfield monster. Though I imagine well get some instructions and prep or whatever. Some of my guys I think are underpowered for some of these things.

Still, looking forward to it, should be quite a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Agreed, though I'm curious about some of them, such as scenerio 1, that is if it is the Cloverfield monster. Though I imagine well get some instructions and prep or whatever. Some of my guys I think are underpowered for some of these things.

Still, looking forward to it, should be quite a challenge.
    Personally I'd say every member of every team would lose to Clover.

A couple of things, guys...

So, for example, the teams might each be dropped into the middle of a specific alien invasion from a movie. Whichever team is deemed best-equipped to stop the invasion wins 3 points and so forth (if no teams are deemed capable of prevailing, users will simply vote for the team they think will come closest to doing so).
    This was never meant to be easy. And all tasks certainly weren't meant to be "doable". But victories, for the tournament's sake, can come in the form of "team who got closest to completing the task".

There will be no prep, but if your team get dropped in a scenario and you say "Team Member X heads off for half an hour to build a bomb" or "Team Member Y takes the team aside to discuss tactics", that will be allowed - just bear in mind that may result in your team being deemed to have taken longer than others to complete their task, whatever it may be (and that might lose you votes).
    While there's no prep as such, in most cases, prep will still be an option.

For one, a team might start out a day before an event is due to happen. Or a team might be able to run away from a scenario and come back later, having prepped. The only problem is that you might take longer than other teams if you claim your team do that.

What "no prep" means here is that you don't have any pre-prepared items, inventions, creations plans or strategies at the point of being dropped in your scenario. It doesn't mean you can't prepare while the scenario is taking place.

Example: If you have someone capable of creating a MASSIVE country-busting bomb, it might take all day, but you could do that, then use it on Clovey, killing it after a day. In that time, lots of civilians will have died, but it would be better than a team who all get killed in a few minutes, or a team who take WEEKS to build something similar.

Hope that helps.

We'll still be starting after Cleric's tournament ends.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Clover is easy to beat. I mean he was kinda big and strong for a rabbit, but he's no Bigwig.

Pretty much any human could beat him.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!