Cool The Amazing Spider-Dan Slott Appreciation Thread!!!

Dan Slott is my all-time favorite Amazing Spider-Man writer. Having the honor to read his already legendary run is something I will always be thankful for. Spider-Man has seen a great pool of talent throughout the years, but from all of them, in my personal opinion, three of them stand out: Stan Lee, Gerry Conway and Dan Slott. Spider-Man is my all-time favorite character, just like I can tell that Spider-Man is Dan's all-time favorite character, his love for Doctor Who not withstanding. To celebrate the fact that Amazing Spider-Man #25 was the most sold monthly comic book in March of 2017, even though it was priced $9,99 (which was worth every single penny, I want Stuart Immonen to have a very long run with Dan, also Hannah Blumenreich's short story was cute as hell and OMG it's the Superior Octopus!!), I thought it'd be nice to create a space to discuss our favorite Dan Slott's Spider-Man stories, post pictures of the most epic panels, pages and also the most hillarious ones. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU, Dan!!!

So without further ado, here are some of my favorite Dan Slott's Amazing Spider-Man moments:

Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

Incredible Member

Aww. Thanks, man!

But seriously, after these two pages of REN & STIMPY #6 in 1993, it's all been downhill from there. :-P
    DbAWgqP.jpgBwh1VDf.jpg

iMan 42s

I'm not going to act like he is my favorite writer but when he sticks the landing he does it well.

He also has a very entertaining Twitter.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

Hey, Mr. Slott, if you reading this, I read your message board, I may not agree with some things in your story(I personally don't like Carlie or Sajani, you probably made Chief Prachette(was that his name?) to be too much of a jerk on purpose that make JJJ seem nice) but your run has been a helluva ride, I enjoyed it alot. I have brought every single issued and hell even brought the stories again through the Big Time Collection trades, Superior oversize hardcovers and the OHC of the relaunch and spiderverse(I perfer hardcovers over soft). I was always a marriage fan, the marriage is was what drew me to Spiderman but you kept me on the comic. By way, some of us Spidey marriage fans give you a hard time but we are not all like that. I read that you did alot and jump through hoops to get Renew Your Vows, and for that I appreciate it and forever grateful. I also enjoy your Silver Surfer run and hope one day you write that Surfer vs Dracula rematch from Tomb of Dracula 50 1976(yes that was me that asked for it twice on twitter, I hope you didnt find it annoying lol). But yeah thank you for a fun almost a decade of your Amazing Run. I'll keep buying both Amazing and RVY(yes its now Mr. Conway book now and I praise his writing but you did create the concept). I can't wait to see how it goes with the current Norman arc and the upcoming Superior Octopus arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Aww. Thanks, man!

But seriously, after these two pages of REN & STIMPY #6 in 1993, it's all been downhill from there. :-P
    No mate, THANK YOU. I've quitted comics two times. One when the clone saga ended and Ben Reilly took over, and then when Ultimate Peter Parker died. I kinda stayed away from Amazing Spider-Man because of the whole debacle over Gwen dating Norman, OMD and such, but when Ultimate Peter died, I came back and discovered that I've shouldn't never left. Spider-Island and Spider-Verse are two of my favorite sagas of all time, let alone my favorite Spider-Man sagas. Because of you, I came back to reading Amazing Spider-Man (with Spider-Island, and I will never forget the scene that made me realize what I was missing, that one scene from Spider-Island above) and other 616 titles too. So once again, thank you.

I love this page from Amazing Spider-Man #621:

Michael Lark killing it. I'm partial to Peter and Felicia, but Peter and Bobbi is shaping up quite nicely too.
    Pull list:

Astonishing Member

Dan Slott is a great writer indeed.
    Basically he made the Spider-Man stories funny again to me.
    And i have enjoyed reading both more self contained stories and events as Spider Island or Spider Verse written by him.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Dan Slott is a great writer indeed.
    Basically he made the Spider-Man stories funny again to me.
    And i have enjoyed reading both more self contained stories and events as Spider Island or Spider Verse written by him.
    This, plus he did a great job with those 8 issues of The Thing, some of my all-time favorite reading! Bring back The Thing!

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I like this thread. Personally my favorite moments in Slott's run have been,
    1. The Spider-Island page Sparrow posted.
    2. Peter's return in the Superior finale
    3. Peter about to sacrifice himself to defeat Morlun in order to save every Spider in the multiverse
    4. Ben Reilly as the Jackal
    5. The last Zodiac story arc
    Everyone else?

All-New Member

I'm just glad Dan has made Peter finally use his brain. I don't always like the execution of some of his stories but I love the fact that Peter is now using some tech with his powers. I'm not in love with his Stark style operation but having his suit provide some actual protection and tools like the bug zappers, camouflage and nano spider trackers just make sense given how smart he is always touted as being. Even if he loses Parker Industries please keep the suit enhancements or bring them over to the original red and blue.

I remember reading Superior thinking, should I happen to get sick or something, be on my death bed, I'd ask the Make a Wish foundation to hook me up with Dan so he can tell me how it all ended, how Pete would come back. Besides Stan Lee, my favorite Spidey writers are Bendis and Slott. Dan Slott is amazing. I'm looking forward to rereading all his Spidey from beginning to current. For me, he could be the writer on Amazing until I'm dead.

I'll also add here that I never wanted Superior to end. I mean, I wanted Pete back, but I would of been so happy just reading SpOck's adventures for however long Dan wanted me to.
    Last edited by Sparko; 04-10-2017 at 10:02 PM.