Super Moderator

Default C2E2: Pak, Kuder, Snyder & Soule Celebrate Superman

Aaron Kuder, Greg Pak, Scott Snyder and Charles Soule joined forces at C2E2 to discuss the Man of Steel.

Full article here.

An audience member asked who would win in an all-out brawl between all of the variations of Superman. Snyder wasted no time in his response -- "Batman" -- which was met with applause and laughter.

Pak's answer was Christopher Reeve, and Snyder's real answer was "Superman: The Animated Series," due to the fully realized mythology.
    Oh Snyder... Did he ever watch STAS?

Yeah, Silver Age Superman would have just thrown TAS Superman in a black hole and be done with it. :smile:

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

Just the other day I was complaining on how grotesque the imagery was for the Future's End, and now I have to look at Doomsday killing polar bears...
    DC what u doing?? Stahp!!
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

BANNED

Yeah, everybody knows Brainiac is the guy who wrestles polar bears. While his effeminate robot sidekick looks on. Not Doomsday.

Do they even HAVE a giant spider?

Nocturnus

For someone who thought Batman's 75 Years anniversary will crap all over DC (Great! moar BATMAN!), I'm quite excited about all the Super stuffs coming up. I am thoroughly enjoying Greg effin' PAK and Mr Soule, Snyder and sure, Lobdell had some fun stuffs here and there but I am quite hopeful about Geoff Johns. Supes is in good hands. Am glad. Not the most popular stance in forum discussion I suppose.

Funny how this all should have been done last year but I'm not complaining.

Fantastic Member

Just wondering...is DC's goal to turn Superman in the ultimate bad guy? I mean on the main earth he's turning into SuperDoomsday. Earth 2 he's now Brute...who works for Darkseid. In Injustice he's pretty much taken over the Earth. And now I see in Batman Beyond he's going to become Lord Superman. Right now it seems like all the Superman are become pretty dark. It would be nice to see at least one of them turn back to "Boyscout" he's been known for.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    Just wondering...is DC's goal to turn Superman in the ultimate bad guy? I mean on the main earth he's turning into SuperDoomsday. Earth 2 he's now Brute...who works for Darkseid. In Injustice he's pretty much taken over the Earth. And now I see in Batman Beyond he's going to become Lord Superman. Right now it seems like all the Superman are become pretty dark. It would be nice to see at least one of them turn back to "Boyscout" he's been known for.
    Yeah but it's obvious DC believes Superman has no merit being like that so they have to actively change him in all forms of media in order for the GA to be interested and still not buy his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    The boyscout is not the way he needs to be. But I agree the interpretations of him turning evil are beyond played at this point.

But I dont' think that's the direction Doomed is even remotely going in anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The boyscout is not the way he needs to be. But I agree the interpretations of him turning evil are beyond played at this point.

But I dont' think that's the direction Doomed is even remotely going in anyway.
    this, clearly he's been infected

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Oh Snyder... Did he ever watch STAS?
    why? it was good for most part

Quote Originally Posted by jaybay View Post
    Yeah but it's obvious DC believes Superman has no merit being like that so they have to actively change him in all forms of media in order for the GA to be interested and still not buy his stuff.
    DC needs to embrace Superman the way he is. Seems to be working for Marvel with Captain america
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-01-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    why? it was good for most part
    Because he said that version would win the proposed all-out brawl, and it's probably easily the weakest version since the early 1940's. It's one of the few versions in which the creators admitted to making the character a lot weaker. He's also not smarter than any particular version, so it's not like you can make the brains vs. brawn scenario.

If anything, if you had to pick the one who'd get KO'd the first, it'd almost have to be that one, right?

Put it another way: some fans and DC folks thought Bronze Age Superman was too powerful, so Byrne made him weaker. Alan Burnett and Bruce Timm thought Byrne Superman was too powerful, so they made him even weaker.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 05-02-2014 at 12:02 AM.