6 11.54%
  • Separate thread for each publisher ie Marvel thread

25 48.08%
  • A Mix and match of Options 1-3

19 36.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback and goodluck to those who decide to put their time and effort into this.

I have one more suggestion, which pertains to my last suggestion of listing all editions available for each series and weather it's in print or not. I would suggest a Master Database, including all publishers, that listed all editions in an orderly manner. It would be locked and only a select few would be allowed to alter/add/remove information. No chat would be allowed to avoid it turning into just a general edition thread. Any edition listed will have links to individual threads if there's relevant information posted (pictures, reviews, discussion etc.) Links would be provided at the very beginning to each individual edition thread. Once someone found the basic information they were looking for, they can use those links and visit the relevant thread to get the more detailed info.

eg. I'm looking for Invincible and the formats it's available in. I find it on the list and see it has Library Editions containing 24-issues and Ultimate OHC? with 12-issues with general information mentioned and links to the "Independent/Classic Omnibus, Library, Deluxe Special Edition and Oversized Hardcovers" and any post with relevant information. The Trade Paperbacks will list similar info and link to the "Independent/Classic Standard Hardcovers and Trade Paperbacks" and any relevant posts. The same for the compendiums. So and and so forth...

Sorry for the long, rambling post :3. I know it's probably to much to ask for.

This might help somewhat, it doesn't appear to have a lot of image stuff though:

http://collectededitions.com/storefront.html

It used to be linked in all the threads but stuff is still being updated.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    This might help somewhat, it doesn't appear to have a lot of image stuff though:

http://collectededitions.com/storefront.html

It used to be linked in all the threads but stuff is still being updated.
    Yup, I've seen it and it is really useful. I also noticed you started an Introduction Thread. Thanks for the hard work and that includes all OP's updating they're respective threads.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Yup, I've seen it and it is really useful. I also noticed you started an Introduction Thread. Thanks for the hard work and that includes all OP's updating they're respective threads.
    My keyboard is almost on fire. General thread is pretty much all updated including pics copied from the old forums...

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    My keyboard is almost on fire. General thread is pretty much all updated including pics copied from the old forums...
    I noticed lol. I was almost going to drop a random "goodwork" post, but I didn't want to interrupt your flow.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Heya fellow collected edition freaks! I'm considering, now that we have a whole forum (well, half but you know what I mean) creating a Dark horse hardcover thread. I myself am a very big fan of their hardcovers since they are not only relatively cheap but always very high quality, especially library editions. However I thought it would be a good idea if I discussed it here first, with like the hardcover council . So should I do it or wait a while
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Heya fellow collected edition freaks! I'm considering, now that we have a whole forum (well, half but you know what I mean) creating a Dark horse hardcover thread. I myself am a very big fan of their hardcovers since they are not only relatively cheap but always very high quality, especially library editions. However I thought it would be a good idea if I discussed it here first, with like the hardcover council . So should I do it or wait a while
    What are your guys thoughts on information regarding shelving? I was tempted to ask for advice in the Shelf Collection thread, but was reluctant. I still might do that, but I figured I'd ask here first. I'm surprised this sort of information wouldn't exist on this forum. Maybe any shelf will work, but maybe some people might have advice or recommendations on specific shelves that they found to suit their needs.

Make a thread

All-New Member

I understand that a single thread is much more supportive of fostering discussion when it isn't broken up into dozens of threads but it makes it difficult to find information for a specific release (speaking for myself as someone who doesn't keep up regularly with the forum). I don't know if every release needs it own thread but sticking to the Marvel / DC / General thread format seems like it's wasting the new opportunities having a sub-forum grants.

There is always the search option, which is useful for specific books. The forum is also very new so there has not been many posters come back, I'm sure over time there will be threads for specific books and upcoming releases etc.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Maybe a thread for quick questions is in order?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Maybe a thread for quick questions is in order?
    Agreed.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47