Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    Total pity. That was her best incarnation even if the stories were forgettable. Nowadays, not only is she hell to look at, she's stupid and annoying too thanks to Winick and Nocenti. Genevieve has her work cut out for her. That is, if she sticks around for more than an arc.
    I agree. I have the entire 90s run, and sometimes I'll read a few issues to remind myself what fun Catwoman used to be.

The piece by Jae Lee looks great. I wish he was the artist on this book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    The piece by Jae Lee looks great. I wish he was the artist on this book.
    If he were, we'd only get a new issue of Catwoman every five months. :-/

I'd be happy with Jae Lee just doing covers every month. That guy is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    I'd be happy with Jae Lee just doing covers every month. That guy is awesome.
    Yeah, I like Jae's art, but he's almost better suited to covers, anyways. I know there's been a few times where his panel work was hard to follow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Yeah, I like Jae's art, but he's almost better suited to covers, anyways. I know there's been a few times where his panel work was hard to follow.
    I feel like Jae Lee is just a slower Sorrentino.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    I feel like Jae Lee is just a slower Sorrentino.
    More like Sorrentino is a faster Jae Lee, as he's a newer artist and he's stated Lee was obviously one of his main influences. Since Jae Lee can't handle a monthly schedule I'd love to see Sorrentino's take on Selina, although he just did the crime noir thing with Green Arrow and is probably looking for a change of pace.

Either way, can't wait to see what Garry Brown has to offer.

Spectacular Member

The writer is saying that she's just doing an issue on her blog. I'm confused now.

Quote Originally Posted by tbgo View Post
    The writer is saying that she's just doing an issue on her blog. I'm confused now.
    Genevieve Valentine's blog says:
    I’ll be writing an arc of CATWOMAN for DC Comics. ... The first issue is due to hit stands sometime in October; I can’t wait.

Below her main comments on Catwoman is a comment/reply that clarifies it's a single arc (i.e. multiple issues) she's working on with the long term undefined.

SoDisqusted • 5 days ago
    It's just an arc, not long-term?

glvalentine Mod SoDisqusted • 2 days ago
    Right now we're working on a single arc; I don't yet know what the future holds beyond that.

How long are arcs usually in comics? In Catwoman's case with Eternal and other events, I wonder how long this particular arc will be.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    How long are arcs usually in comics? In Catwoman's case with Eternal and other events, I wonder how long this particular arc will be.
    Usually around 6 issues, aiming for trade length (2x per year). I'm pretty excited for this even if it is only one arc.

BANNED

Hopefully Catwoman will get a new #1 next June after the two-month line-wide hiatus.

Fantastic Member

I am guessing the crime boss arc will run its course after 6 issues and Selina will return to being her old self after that. It will have given enough time to clear the air from the previous run by Nocenti and give people a new start with the old Selina.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    I am guessing the crime boss arc will run its course after 6 issues and Selina will return to being her old self after that. It will have given enough time to clear the air from the previous run by Nocenti and give people a new start with the old Selina.
    Yes, I think so too. Catwoman should be relaunched next summer with a new number one by an all-star creative team in honour of her 75th anniversary.