Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Easier said than done in the past, when OMD-era ASM was the only game in town. Pretty hard for people like me who want to go the Firefly route on this; keep flyin' through the franchise free from the Alliance's reach and all that (if that makes any sense).
    It doesn't. Because the spider-books are all put out by the same people, working together. It's not "Browncoats" and "Purple Bellies".
    It's McDonald's goers happy that McDonald's brought a version of the McRib back.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It's easier to do it now (a sincere thanks to everyone involved)...
    You're welcome.
    And as long as you keep buying/supporting that McRib, I'm pretty sure we'll keep making it.
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 04-09-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    It doesn't. Because the spider-books are all put out by the same people, working together. It's not "Browncoats" and "Purple Bellies".
    It's McDonald's goers happy that McDonald's brought a version of the McRib back.
    In my analogy, the Browncoats were the marriage fans of the readership. It's not a perfect analogy, to be sure (for instance, the Firefly show implies that the Alliance was in the wrong, but, while I don't think I'm ever going to agree that OMD and the subsequent material was the right decision, it's not a moral problem, just a differing of opinions on a subjective topic). The main reasons I use it are that I feel like it really describes my opinion (at the end of the day, I'm not really interested in campaigning or talking Marvel into an OMD reversal; I just want to have alternate revenues like the RYV series to go alongside it), kind of helps me laugh a little at a situation I'm not overly tickled about (and if it helps take tension out of the thread, so much the better).

I don't really like ribs, but that analogy makes sense.

You're welcome.
    Righto.

And as long as you keep buying/supporting that McRib, I'm pretty sure we'll keep making it.
    That's as fair as it gets. Considering I'm getting the floppies along with the trades, I can't say I'm not backing myself up.

May we all continue to find our preferred iterations for years to come.

Mighty Member

I don't know about the bucks part. I never lost any money over it.
    It is a question of getting value.

For example, I recently bought the first volume of "Paradise X", for a steeply discounted $6. "Paradise X" is terrible. (I have read better fanfic, which is about as bad as it gets.) Put another way, it was $6 poorly spent. I cannot help but feel ripped off on some level, both for money and time. (I could not even finish it.)

10 years ago, DC dropped "Countdown". I bought in for the main series and several tie-ins. A year, and $200 or so dollar later, I did not have much good to say about those comics. (Some of the tie-ins were okay. But, most of it was crap.) But, I am not still complaining about that because.....it was 10 years ago. I have bought plenty of DC stuff since.

The OMD story was very negatively received by all parties when it first came out. Being a pretty sensitive subject, I don't know if its that surprising that discussing it on a thread will bring out pretty strong feelings on the subject.
    Yes, "One More Day" was terrible. It was a bad read.

But, it was 10 years ago. Marvel is not going to undo it, no matter how much fans whine and cry.

Easier said than done in the past, when OMD-era ASM was the only game in town.
    Then they do not have to read "Spider-Man" comics. I drop series all the time if they change creators or direction (or my wallet gets a bit thin).
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/