Default How mature should Peter be?

Like it says on the tin. Should he have the maturity of a fifteen year old? Or should he act more his semi-ambiguous age?

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

I think age is relative, I may be an adult in my 20s, but I still like to prank people and crack jokes too. I don't know if I will ever grow out of that. I expect to be a grandpa who pranks his own grandchildren and cracks jokes when I'm old too. Who knows, my own laughter might be my own end. Not a bad ending when I think about it.

This seems like a very ambiguous question. How mature exactly is a 15 year old?

Even then, are we talking about a 15 year old Spidey (I think he actually started his career at 16 didn't he?). He seemed pretty mature for a kid back then.

I can't really say how mature he should be. it's not like there's a scale or anything. I think he should still be very energetic, enthusiastic, and optimistic in that Charlie Brown "good grief" kinda way. Of course you can't take away his wise cracking and I feel trying to take away his practivcle jokes on Jameson and Human Torch would be a mistake. Does that make him immature? I don't know.

I'll add that I didn't like him in JMS's run. It just felt like He and MJ both suddenly got ten years older out of nowhere.

As a fricking adult.

He was written as an adult before "One More Day" there's no reason why he can't be written as an adult now.