Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

There are a lot of artists I'd love to see on Gold, but as far as replacing Syaf, I can't help but feel like it would be fitting to add someone who's outspokenly Christian or Jewish to the book's stable of artists in light of Syaf's insertion of antisemitic messaging into the book.

Be even nicer if said artist got to do redesigns on Syaf's work .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There are a lot of artists I'd love to see on Gold, but as far as replacing Syaf, I can't help but feel like it would be fitting to add someone who's outspokenly Christian or Jewish to the book's stable of artists in light of Syaf's insertion of antisemitic messaging into the book.

Too far east is west. They you'll have people of other faiths complaining about Marvel favouring one religion or another. I think having a great artist is key, preferably one who keeps his/her beliefs out of the work (unless it's a creator owned title).
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Akktim View Post
    Maybe Alan Davis, but he needs to be paired up with a colorist who does flat colors. His work looks off with the more modern style colors.
    His work hasnt looked good since early Excalibur. I would hope not

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

A person's religious preferences shouldnt come into play when it comes into hiring the next guy (or gal)

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I honestly would like to see Andrea sorrentino on a X-men team title his work on old man logan and with the upcoming secret empire event crossover art that has been previewed which is amazing by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

A person's religious preferences shouldnt come into play when it comes into hiring the next guy (or gal)
    Co-signed. It should never come into play.

10charr

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I honestly would like to see Andrea sorrentino on a X-men team title his work on old man logan and with the upcoming secret empire event crossover it's amazing.
    I'm still a bit sad they took him off OML but at least they're recognizing he's an amazing artist by putting him on Secret Empire.

I honestly would like to see Andrea sorrentino on a X-men team title his work on old man logan and with the upcoming secret empire event crossover art that has been previewed which is amazing by the way.
    I dont think he'd be a good fit at all with this book about being back to basics, superheroism and more lighthearted. Sorrentino's work is pretty dark and gritty. I wasnt a fan of him on All New X-men as that was a stark departure from the tone of the book
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-08-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Probably be someone like Greg Land he can draw issues very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Probably be someone like Greg Land he can draw issues very fast.
    He's still on Weapon X right? Unless that's changed.

I dont think he'd be a good fit at all with this book about being back to basics, superheroism and more lighthearted. Sorrentino's work is pretty dark and gritty. I wasnt a fan of him on All New X-men as that was a stark departure from the tone of the book
    You may have a point but i actually liked the issues you referenced about bendis's all new X-men it was the annual I think it was also uncanny X-men also written by bendis too during his runs on both series but the uncanny X-men one was a annual as well it was the secret life of Eva bell two part arc that was told in both annuals I actually really liked his art on those two issues as well as the arc that accompanied it one of highlights of bendis's time on both titles it's what made me like the character of Eva bell.

Jonboy Meyers would be a interesting choice to have as a artist for a X-men title but he'll be quite busy drawing the interiors for royals which is written by the ever great al ewing which say what you will about how marvel portrays the inhuman royals but the title is amazing writing wise and the art is amazing.

His art style is a bit anime esque though.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 04-08-2017 at 01:57 PM.

You may have a point but i actually liked the issues you referenced about bendis's all new X-men it was the annual I think it was also uncanny X-men also written by bendis too during his runs on both series but the uncanny X-men one was a annual as well it was the secret life of Eva bell two part arc that was told in both annuals I actually really liked his art on those two issues as well as the arc that accompanied it one of highlights of bendis's time on both titles it's what made me like the character of Eva bell.
    I wasnt talking about the annual. It was the regular issues he drew during Black Vortex. An annual would have been more forgiving and less jarring. It especially stood out as it happened during a crossover and his style was so different from the other titles involved

I wasnt talking about the annual. It was the regular issues he drew during Black Vortex. An annual would have been more forgiving and less jarring. It especially stood out as it happened during a crossover and his style was so different from the other titles involved

Oh I remember that one!!! So yeah I agree .

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Jim Lee or Andy Kubert.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Andy Park returning to comics would be another great idea. I'm not sure if he'd do it, but he is appearing at some comic conventions lately. He has said Rachel is one of his favorite characters, so he might be interested in Gold.