Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Marvel Artist Ardian Syaf Hid Anti-Christian And Jewish Messages In This Week’s

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...s-x-men-comic/

I was initially thinking of posting this in the X-Books forum but I decided that Marvel allowed it to go through so I'd post it here.

Extraordinary Member

Oh dear........

BANNED

He should be fired.

Dang. Awwkward.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Well, ****.

BANNED

Marvel’s statement, provided to ComicBook.com, is as follows:
    “The mentioned artwork in X-Men Gold #1 was inserted without knowledge behind its reported meanings. These implied references do not reflect the views of the writer, editors or anyone else at Marvel and are in direct opposition of the inclusiveness of Marvel Comics and what the X-Men have stood for since their creation. This artwork will be removed from subsequent printings, digital versions, and trade paperbacks and disciplinary action is being taken.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Marvel’s statement, provided to ComicBook.com, is as follows:
    “The mentioned artwork in X-Men Gold #1 was inserted without knowledge behind its reported meanings. These implied references do not reflect the views of the writer, editors or anyone else at Marvel and are in direct opposition of the inclusiveness of Marvel Comics and what the X-Men have stood for since their creation. This artwork will be removed from subsequent printings, digital versions, and trade paperbacks and disciplinary action is being taken.”
    So this is Marvel effectively saying that Syaf has been let go from the company, right?

He is soooo fired!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Ah... this is a little awkward.

Amazing Member

i remember a few years ago when Marvel started their cost cutting measures they fired a group of ( i assume redundant) editors and production staff to save money. This is going to cost Marvel so much money that Syaf is as good as dead to them.
    I wonder if they're going to print his subsequent issues or temporarily pull the plug on the book

Also, i see people blaming editors but who in America would know that some letters & numbers were some subversive message. You can't blame the editors on this, the protests and people these messages are about were not discussed much or at all in western media that i have seen.
    Last edited by DangitBobby; 04-08-2017 at 03:50 PM.

BANNED

Well then.

This is just sad. Almost depressing.

The 212 I hadn't noticed but I was wondering what was up with Colossus' shirt when I saw that. That one wasn't even cleaverly hidden, it was right in your face.

What a terrible thing to do. And of all comics, to sneak this sort of hatred and intolerance into an X-Man book is an especially rotten thing to do. I hope Marvel fires him.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    What a terrible thing to do. And of all comics, to sneak this sort of hatred and intolerance into an X-Man book is an especially rotten thing to do. I hope Marvel fires him.
    He actually put anti-jewish messages(as far as I know?) on a book leaded by a jewish character, when said character was giving a speech about prejudice.. I can't even...