Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, you start it.
    And it's not like the Inhumans actually cared; with their Hitlerclops propanganda and hiring Frenzy to fake mutant attacks against the normal humans so the Inhumans could have good PR.
    Yes, I 'start' it by correcting peoples factually incorrect posts claiming the Inhumans did things they didn't. Like you did in this very post.

But we've been down this road before, if the facts weren't going to stick then, they're not going to stick now.

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    I'm actually more intrigued to know why the Inhumans book is called Royals when the main characters aren't a monarchy anymore. Why didn't they stick with Uncanny Inhumans or just use Inhumans like the Jenkins series, it would make more sense.
    Seems more like an arc thing, being worthy of being royals again.

Mosaic didn't get his name until quite late in the run.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I think that trying to redeem the Inhumans in the eyes of the X-board is a lost cause; just look what happened with the Scarlet Witch.

Have you visited Emma's appreciation thread recently ?.
    At least marvel is not waiting more than 10 years to give the Inhumans a arc of redemption as it did to Wanda.

'Redemption' I think is the wrong word. Ewing seems to be directing The Inhumans back to their roots. Unapologetic alien weirdos who maintain certain aspects of attitude and morality antithetical to the human world. Many of the new Inhumans make for excellent super heroes (Ms. Marvel, Moon Girl, Synapse), but the Royals themselves are better suited as outré science fiction heroes as opposed to garden variety spandex and cape superheros.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    'Redemption' I think is the wrong word. Ewing seems to be directing The Inhumans back to their roots. Unapologetic alien weirdos who maintain certain aspects of attitude and morality antithetical to the human world. Many of the new Inhumans make for excellent super heroes (Ms. Marvel, Moon Girl, Synapse), but the Royals themselves are better suited as outré science fiction heroes as opposed to garden variety spandex and cape superheros.
    But that's not what is happening they're returning back to earth in two arcs I think it is or three? Anyways the days of them being a isolationist society that lives in space are over doc.

And I see nothing wrong really with them staying and living on earth indefinitely and what's so wrong with them being heroes and getting more involved with and work together with the rest of the marvel universe's superheroes on earth? Or even making them likeable and moving them away from their past selfs? I see nothing wrong with any of that.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 04-09-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    But that's not what is happening they're returning back to earth in two arcs I think it is or thre? Anyways the days of them being a isolationist society that lives in space are over doc.
    And I see nothing wrong really with them staying and living on earth indefinitely and what's so wrong with them being heroes are getting more involved with and work together with the rest of the marvel universe's superheroes on earth? Or even making them likeable and moving them away from their past selfs? I see nothing wrong with any of that.
    They days of The Inhumans being an isolated people may be over, but that doesn't mean they will completely assimilate to the human world and human culture.
    The experiment of making The Inhumans more like the X-Men did not pan out. Charles Soule told some excellent stories, but it became quickly evident that it is best when The Inhumans are true to their weird ways. Take it away and The Inhumans just become an ersatz X-Men and I can't imagine there are a whole lot of readers out there who are interested in such a thing.

Fans may understand that Inhumans do not have to be heroic or that they are good at being what they are (neither heroes nor villains) but marvel still needs to sell comics and increase sales.

So what would be the best way to show the Inhumans positively without admitting that what they did in DoX and IvX was wrong?

Simple show them suffering and make readers sympathize with it .

Medusa is suffering from an unknown disease and dying (doubt it will happen) this puts her in a position similar to the mutants who died because of the M-Pox and BB which many readers said should be arrested for having drop the bomb which was not possible because of several factors will now be arrested for reasons no one knows yet. This is no coincidence is marvel trying to improve their image due to what has happened in recent months.

And do not stop there remember that SW and SE will put the Nuhumans in a situation similar to the mutants and they will even ask the help of the mutants.

This is clearly about redemption by putting the Inhumans in situations similar to what the mutants have been facing including extinction and search for a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Fans may understand that Inhumans do not have to be heroic or that they are good at being what they are (neither heroes nor villains) but marvel still needs to sell comics and increase sales.

So what would be the best way to show the Inhumans positively without admitting that what they did in DoX and IvX was wrong?

Simple show them suffering and make readers sympathize with it .

Medusa is suffering from an unknown disease and dying (doubt it will happen) this puts her in a position similar to the mutants who died because of the M-Pox and BB which many readers said should be arrested for having drop the bomb which was not possible because of several factors will now be arrested for reasons no one knows yet. This is no coincidence is marvel trying to improve their image due to what has happened in recent months.

And do not stop there remember that SW and SE will put the Nuhumans in a situation similar to the mutants and they will even ask the help of the mutants.

This is clearly about redemption by putting the Inhumans in situations similar to what the mutants have been facing including extinction and search for a solution.
    I don't know what else to say other than I agree with everything you said and I say this as both of a X-men fan and inhumans fan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I do believe NuHumans are completely innocent in this and they were even like WTF when they learned the Clouds were deadly to Mutants believing the Terrigen wasn't worth mutant lives. As for the Royal Family and the rest of Inhuman Society I think instead of redemption this should be a moment of reflection and examination of their beliefs which quite frankly have always been kind of racist. The Inhumans have always placed themselves above humanity believing they're superior and now they were willing to let another species die just to keep that superiority honestly that should be the story not redemption in my opinion.
    1) The whole world found out about the cloud killing Mutants at the same time, during the DoX mini, what was discovered was the cloud would no longer be a stable mass that could be followed which no Inhuman knew about the X-Leaders kept it hidden.

2) The way the Inhumans saw themselves superior the same way the people of Wakanda also saw themselves superior, not by genes but though what they as a group have done through scientific break throughs, clean energy, and superior technology.

well the moon nazis are the latest in a long list of heroes that need to be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    1) The whole world found out about the cloud killing Mutants at the same time, during the DoX mini, what was discovered was the cloud would no longer be a stable mass that could be followed which no Inhuman knew about the X-Leaders kept it hidden.

2) The way the Inhumans saw themselves superior the same way the people of Wakanda also saw themselves superior, not by genes but though what they as a group have done through scientific break throughs, clean energy, and superior technology.
    1: Even with the Inhumans thinking the cloud was stable. That cloud should had been destroyed day one. Sorry but the lives of mutants was more important even if it was just a few stragglers who died over the Inhumans keeping the ability for future generations to have powers.

2: If the Inhumans superiority complex was only because of technological reasons then they'd wouldn't have issues with Inhumans being with Humans, Mutants, or Alpha Primates.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 04-09-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I don't know what else to say other than I agree with everything you said and I say this as both of a X-men fan and inhumans fan.
    Regardless of the opinion of readers and fans the fact is that marvel needs to sell to keep a comic being published. Getting the Inhumans back to their origins but at the same time making them deal with problems that mutants faced is a good sales strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Regardless of the opinion of readers and fans the fact is that marvel needs to sell to keep a comic being published. Getting the Inhumans back to their origins but at the same time making them deal with problems that mutants faced is a good sales strategy.
    It's really complicated too because if marvel or writer al ewing himself really does intend on making the inhuman royals likeable or sympathetic or give them some sort of redemption rather it's for what they did to the mutants or the fact that destroying the cloud is kinda putting that inhumans in a fight for survival and them trying to find the solution.

But even with all that said I think there's no doubt that there's some things and elements of the inhuman royals past that they just can't bring back into who they'll be going forward like you can acknowledge those ugly parts of their past but there's no doubt that there's some things that the royals themselves especially medusa regret or are remorseful for even going as far back as their past as rulers of the kingdom of attilan of the inhumans long before the terrigen killing mutants crisis happened and this regret was acknowledged by medusa in Inhumans prime when she declared that the kingdom of new attilan is to become a democracy now and the time of kings and queens are over.

This also means the days of them being isolationist who live in space are over.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 04-09-2017 at 02:35 PM.

I had this issue in my hand at my LCBS but I couldn't bring myself to buy it for several reasons. The biggest being how IvX was handled. I think that Soule and Lemeire started the "redemption" idea by having Medusa do the exact opposite of what she had done the entire time the cloud was killing mutants. I think that in the eyes of previous inhuman fans that there is no need to redeem them because they were just doing what the inhumans do, which from what I have read prior to IvX is just kind of be jack asses to anyone that crosses their path and try to sell it as lifting people up (War of Kings comes to mind).

I also think that Ewing should try to redeem the inhumans for the sake of new readers. If some one picked up IvX and read it I think most would tend to see the inhumans as the "bad guys" so to speak because their cloud was causing death and disease. If the new reader was to continue reading with royals I think it would be a good idea to try and show the inhumans in a way that wasn't so off putting. I'm not saying that they need to be heroes, but just don't try and tell people that the inhumans are "trying to help the mutants" when they aren't really doing what needs to be done. Good intentions can only get you so far and it was painfully obvious in IvX that the inhumans good intentions just weren't enough.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Ultimate Member

I'm a bit confused, why are people saying the Inhumans can't be heroes?

I think the Marvel Universe is large enough for the X-men, Inhumans, Avengers e.t.c to be heroes.

Does anyone else think Royals will end in 12 issues max due to low sales?
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”