Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    ♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Default Real Talk: What is Rachel Grey giving us anymore?

We have Jean Grey back and doing her blowzy best.

We don't need the alt-u offspringy angst of Rachel Grey anymore. She's just 'there'.

Now with Shazam cape and cornball codename. Look, if she's going to stick, she's got to go cosmic, ultimate, or alt universe.

Having her pal around the nominal meat N potatoes classic crew just doesn't make any sense. Watch this space. If Guggenbunn makes a meaty, compelling story around her (without the red leather? Good luck with that), then i'll eat my hat.

She's the Mary Marvel of the Marvel Universe. He's concluding Deathbirds summers baby storyline probably​.

He might continue the phoenix is not a Grey bloodline thing to that was his last story too.

Deathbird hosting a Summers spawn? Now that's a story i'd spend 4.99 on.

"Prestige". LMAO. Nooooezzz.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think so far she is there mostly to function as Gold's resident TP user.... and because of her links with the team leader Kitty. I wouldn't read much beyond that. There is a lot that can be done with Rachel and anyway she was already gotten rid of that is how Mother Askani happened but she was brought back anyhow. She has a lot of fans and I see no reason to banish her simply because her real mom isn't around.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I think so far she is there mostly to function as Gold's resident TP user.... and because of her links with the team leader Kitty. I wouldn't read much beyond that. There is a lot that can be done with Rachel and anyway she was already gotten rid of that is how Mother Askani happened but she was brought back anyhow. She has a lot of fans and I see no reason to banish her simply because her real mom isn't around.
    Her engine was mom NOT being around. Or emotionally distant.

Now she's the old marm around fancyfree Teen Spirit Jean? That's KITTY's role!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Tean/Jeen is on Blue, not Gold...

Rachel and Tean/Jeen only had a brief nonverbal scene once so far I think so yeah there has been virtually nothing done with their possible connection
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Every Generation needs to experience their own Phoenix Saga death as per Grant Morrison ��

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Rachel Grey is the Maggie Gyllenhaal of the X-Men.

BANNED

I agree, though you can apply this to most of the current roster. As much as I love some of these guys, do we really need Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, Kitty, O5, and Old Man Logan? Like can we move the **** on?

This property is built so that entire groups of characters can be replaced on a dime.

Colossus and Nightcrawler are like shroedingers cat ever present and not "present" at the same time. Every writer is like aha I'm gonna bring back these characters in a big way. And it's not that the writers never tried it's just that it never takes off. The only time Colossus popped on my radar was when he was Juggernaut

Marvel is doing that Generations story and instead of using Rachel as Jean's legacy they are just using Jean and Teen Jean. They even gave her a new codename and costume to try and move her away from anything Phoenix or Jean related probably because they don't want her stepping on Teen Jean's toes.

She's not giving us anything. But she's giving Kitty a girlfriend.

But I would love to see her join the Ultimates. But only if she became the Phoenix again. I doubt it's going to happen now that she's trying to "move away" from her mother or something. IDK.

RacheL Grey is giving us some sexy gladiator realness...that's the tea on THAT! lmao oo

On topic I feel like it would've been better for her to be on Blue and having some new interactions and fits that book a bit better, I hope Guggie gives us a good story with her in Gold tbh I would love for him to make her Kitty's gf

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I agree, though you can apply this to most of the current roster. As much as I love some of these guys, do we really need Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, Kitty, O5, and Old Man Logan? Like can we move the **** on?

This property is built so that entire groups of characters can be replaced on a dime.
    RIGHT! This should be where the New Mutants, X-Force, X-Factor (Madrox's team) and Generation X teams take charge. I guess Kitty can stay but she can't be a leader or the headmistress. Since most of the New X-Men and Wolverine & the X-Men graduated, they can start being integrated into teaching at the school or going out on real missions. This way writers can create new students without fear of putting someone's favorite in *character* limbo.

*EMMA SHOULD BE THE HEADMISTRESS THO KILL OFF SCOTT & LOGAN STILL LMAO*
    Last edited by Tycon; 04-08-2017 at 05:52 PM.

She can dye her hair green and pretend to be a Cuckoo like Bunny the fourth powderpuff girl