Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Do you think you have enough of a sample size to reach that conclusion?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Speaking of which, maybe Rachel and Illyana should both just give up on Kitty and find each other?
    Yes! Kitty is the worst best friend, ever!

Rache and 'Yana need to run off together (and snag Lockheed, while they're at it), and leave Kitty to date Spider-Man or something (since he's about the only Peter left in the MU she hasn't taken a ride on).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Speaking of which, maybe Rachel and Illyana should both just give up on Kitty and find each other?

Rache and 'Yana need to run off together (and snag Lockheed, while they're at it), and leave Kitty to date Spider-Man or something (since he's about the only Peter left in the MU she hasn't taken a ride on).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Do you think you have enough of a sample size to reach that conclusion?
    No. Just the name and costume don't read Rachel at all. If they wanted to give her a new direction, they could at least base it on her history and personality. From what I know of Rachel, neither the name nor the costume make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    No. Just the name and costume don't read Rachel at all. If they wanted to give her a new direction, they could at least base it on her history and personality. From what I know of Rachel, neither the name nor the costume make any sense.
    At least it was stated that it was Kitty's idea. That way they can easily ditch the whole idea on the future and just have Rachel say "Nah, realized it wasn't really my thing".

BANNED

Rachel Grey never gave me anything except nightmares:

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Already happened in Ultimate Spider-Man, but making it 616 canon would be fun, too. Probably one of Brian Bendis's better ideas, and we could have the "Council of Peters Who Have Dated Kitty Pryde" coming to visit Spidey and show him the ropes. Of course, it would be interesting to explore the commonalities between the Peters. Quill and Parker are both often portrayed as immature and childish to a certain extent and have bad reputations that are mostly unearned. Parker and Rasputin are both nigh-insurmountably goodhearted despite everything in their lives and pasts that would tempt them towards the dark side, though Rasputin has slipped a few times (with Magneto's Acolytes, then becoming one of the Phoenix Five after already taking on the corruptive power of the Juggernaut). Quill and Wisdom are both roguish kind of guys who are surprisingly goodhearted or at least well-intentioned.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Just because most writers don't like or understand a certain character, doesn't mean said character shouldn't have a chance to shine. Precisely because she was barely used people say she hasn't done much.
    But the same thing can be said about most characters. Storm has not been storm for ages. Even though she is there she is barely recognizable or done anything meaningful. Colossus and Nightcrawler have done nothing memorable either in this past decade and the list goes on.
    Cyclops has been the center of the comic franchise for a while, any character besides him could be switched and almost nothing would have changed.
    My point is, blame the writer not the character for the lack of impact or relevance. If they are not used, if there's not new compelling new stories about them of course nothing will change.
    I'll give Guggenheim a chance. Hopefully he can make Rachel and the others great again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    RIGHT! This should be where the New Mutants, X-Force, X-Factor (Madrox's team) and Generation X teams take charge. I guess Kitty can stay but she can't be a leader or the headmistress. Since most of the New X-Men and Wolverine & the X-Men graduated, they can start being integrated into teaching at the school or going out on real missions. This way writers can create new students without fear of putting someone's favorite in *character* limbo.

*EMMA SHOULD BE THE HEADMISTRESS THO KILL OFF SCOTT & LOGAN STILL LMAO*
    Teach what? The adult X-Men haven't taught the kids and teenagers a damn thing in years...

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    Just because most writers don't like or understand a certain character, doesn't mean said character shouldn't have a chance to shine. Precisely because she was barely used people say she hasn't done much.
    But the same thing can be said about most characters. Storm has not been storm for ages. Even though she is there she is barely recognizable or done anything meaningful. Colossus and Nightcrawler have done nothing memorable either in this past decade and the list goes on.
    Cyclops has been the center of the comic franchise for a while, any character besides him could be switched and almost nothing would have changed.
    My point is, blame the writer not the character for the lack of impact or relevance. If they are not used, if there's not new compelling new stories about them of course nothing will change.
    I'll give Guggenheim a chance. Hopefully he can make Rachel and the others great again.
    Nightcrawler died. I'd say his death was pretty memorable. Unfortunately he came back as a dud. IA on Collosus as well. This is why Im with the other posters that said the younger kids should have been given a chance to shine.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    Deathbird hosting a Summers spawn? Now that's a story i'd spend 4.99 on.

"Prestige". LMAO. Nooooezzz.

Yeah that name kills me every time i see it
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Without her, what would some users here have left to write about, if they cannot complain about her non-relevance?

Quote Originally Posted by brightnessatmidnight View Post
    Without her, what would some users here have left to write about, if they cannot complain about her non-relevance?
    This is messy. I love it.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

[QUOTE=brightnessatmidnight;2736222]Without her, what would some users here have left to write about, if they cannot complain about her non

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

If only we knew who you were talking about.

BANNED

I mean, at least she's not Dazzler.