Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    If there's any positive thing to come out of this, is that readership will likely increase. Now I'm on for the long term just because I feel we have to support Guggenheim after this. This was like his dream title with his dream tram and it got squandered in the first issue. Hopefully that feeling that Gugg was trying to articulate can find its way back in future issues.
    I remember the international incident from using the now dead king of Spain's likeness for HoM Magneto. It reached the mainstream media in America and Europe which certainly contributed to its 275K start.

I don't think Marvel minded that one reaching the mainstream press, but probably would rather this one not.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I think they'll stick with the new costumes introduced in the first issue of X-men gold probably until after secret empire even if syaf is fired I don't think they'll get rid of the new costumes as quickly.

I still think old man logan rocking the trench coat is kinda silly though lol why don't they add cowboy hat? He already looks like a wild Wild West town sherif .
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 04-09-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Creating Blue and Gold books was the whole theme for Ressurexion. They've been promoting these books and these titles everywhere for months, more than they have done for the X-Men in a long time. They wouldn't, shouldn't and won't change the entire line just because of one person's actions.

If you can understand that the writer and editors are not at fault, there's no point in pet peeving about this wanting the book to be either cancelled, changed or ruined. These stuff are most probably removed from the next issues if there's any, and then they had always meant for another artists to replace him on another arcs anyway. Done. Making all that mess would actually bring more attention to the subject, and in general just hurt the book even more than this controverse did.
    The conjecture that I'm imagining is this one: there have been rumors about one of the things that Make Mine Marvel would do is to bring back original numbering for some books. Books that that would make a lot of sense is Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Captain America, Iron Man and hell, even newer books, like Ms. Marvel, Spider-Gwen and etc. Imagine that because of X-Men: Gold and X-Men: Blue, they weren't included in this initiative at first, because of the very reason you enlisted. Depending how the sales go going forward and when Make Mine Marvel starts, they could eventually make Uncanny X-Men out of Gold and X-Men out of Blue. The idea that I've always thought it'd be cool is to have the shine #1 in the comic to boost sales BUT also have the original numbering and volume in the cover. I'm just speculating, but I do think that Uncanny X-Men and X-Men should come back. Uncanny X-Men is an important Marvel comic book as much as Amazing Spider-Man, The Avengers and whatnot. Hell, I'd bring the whole Earth's Mightiest Heroes The Avengers subtitle.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...ed_to_be_some/

This was posted on reddit yesterday, and I feel a lot of people outside comics feel that way. Maybe even more now with the constant #1s.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

BANNED

Did Syaf even design the costumes? I mean, McKelvie designed the O5's new duds.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/comicbook...stume-designs/

Apparently yes syaf did the gold redesigns.

Yep.
    http://www.newsarama.com/32321-x-men...men-prime.html

BANNED

Yes, there were even design shots posted. But Guggenheim said the throwback costumes were entirely his idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I remember the international incident from using the now dead king of Spain's likeness for HoM Magneto. It reached the mainstream media in America and Europe which certainly contributed to its 275K start.

I don't think Marvel minded that one reaching the mainstream press, but probably would rather this one not.
    True.
    The main issue is that X-Men is a product by Marvel. Not a creator-owned comic.
    Any views represented in the comic reflects on them before the creators.

What was done in X-Men Gold #1 would fly in a creator-owned comic, as a view of the creators.
    But when it's done in a corporate-owned comic, it's seen as the company that's putting the message out.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

The suggestion that a series needs major changes to writing because of the guy doing the drawings seems silly.

All they need to do is delay the next two issues by a single week each to check for more veiled references, maybe change the cover art he did, and move on after any needed art changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The suggestion that a series needs major changes to writing because of the guy doing the drawings seems silly.

All they need to do is delay the next two issues by a single week each to check for more veiled references, maybe change the cover art he did, and move on after any needed art changes.
    Thinking it would take just that amount of time with such a tight schedule is naive. If there are veiled references, I bet they will literally just can the books and task one, two or even three artists to redraw them altogether. Why? If there are references, they will have to delay the book anyway, and the sooner Syaf is distanced from the X-Men, the better.
    Pull list:

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

That's absurd, though. Airbrushing out references takes maybe an hour. Redrawing a book takes a month.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That's absurd, though. Airbrushing out references takes maybe an hour. Redrawing a book takes a month.
    The next issue probably already went to print. Redrawing if it's done by a group of artists could take far less, especially if you get people fast enough to do it. Mark Bagley comes to mind, but I'm sure there are others that aren't busy right now.
    Pull list:

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Enough with the calls for redesigns and new art. Accept Marvel's statement, know that they'll be looking through this idiot's next aka final two issues for more hateful messages and removing them, and let him enjoy one final paycheck before hopefully never drawing a comic in the US market again.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    People are overreacting dismiss the man and stop giving it importance in two or three weeks no one else is going to talk about it.
    Exactly! Thank you. This was a good comic book! I refuse to let Syaf ruin this X-MEN book for me. Syaf is an idiot. The. End. Let's get back to enjoying the team, the book, and the new status quo. Or not -- our usual nit-picking and griping would be a welcome relief to all this fluster. Don't give Syaf any more attention. He doesn't deserve it. Kitty is the leader of the X-MEN! This is so amazing, and I really enjoyed the writing and even the art.