8 20.51%
  • Outside Marvel/other

5 12.82%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Grant Morrison

Or

Joss whedon

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post

I love Mark Waid, but for Champions do something crazy like getting Gerard Way as the writer. Marvel lost big time not securing him for something like Champions, but now that ship has sailed. Champions should be Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales, Ironheart, Amadeus Cho, Nova and maybe even some characters from Young Avengers as leaders, my pick would be Hawkeye. Young Avengers is a silly name for a teen comic, Champions is a great one. Bringing Champions and Young Avengers together would help boost sales imho, and give a Teen Titans flavor that Marvel has always lacked.
    I never knew that I wanted/needed that until now.
    A Way written Champions/Young Avengers would be tons of fun.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I really doubt Axel is getting replaced and I don't see any reason why he should tbh.
    There's absolutely no reason that Alonso would be in trouble. None. Not for sales, which is the only thing that matters. And not for anyone of the recent "controversies" which were either manufactured by sensationalist headlines or were the result of a dipshit artist sneaking in a reference that no one would have possibly picked up on ahead of time.

Look at it this way: if Dan DiDio still has his position at DC, Alonso is as safe as can be.

If he ever decides to move on of his own accord, either Brevoort or Wacker would be my preferred choice to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    I never knew that I wanted/needed that until now.
    A Way written Champions/Young Avengers would be tons of fun.
    I should be a Marvel editor.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Fantastic Member

I don't see anyone getting replaced, bould imagine Brevoort.
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Yep. Could of been caught with proper editing, which is one of the biggest problems right now with Marvel.

The editors aren't doing there job and the EiC is the one to make sure the editors were doing there job.

I have not heard one word of any kind of punishment for Nick Lowe for not catching this and same for Alonso.
    Considering the material, the vast majority of American editors aren't going to catch or understand that stuff without being told.

BANNED

Yep. Could of been caught with proper editing, which is one of the biggest problems right now with Marvel.

The editors aren't doing there job and the EiC is the one to make sure the editors were doing there job.

I have not heard one word of any kind of punishment for Nick Lowe for not catching this and same for Alonso.
    No punishment needed. It's an unfortunate situation but editors have so much material to pore over that it's not even remotely reasonable that besides the attention they give to story, character, continuity and dozens of other details that they also must analyze even the most apparently innocuous detail of every panel of every book they oversee for possible embedded hate messages. That's insane. You have to trust that your artists are professionals and aren't going to be stupid dicks.

Hopefully the fact that Syaf's career in professional comics is over will send a message to others on this count.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm surprised Bendis isn't on that list. He obvious has significant ties in the industry, has a proven track record of supporting diversity in characters, and is often praised by other writers for his ideas. I'm not saying I'd necessarily want Bendis (nor do I think a different EIC is necessary), but he certainly is likely going to be in the mix for any conversation.
    I definitely think he should be up for consideration, as the guy does get good ideas but it's usually his execution that most readers find lacking - characters sound the same, stories are padded, endings are rushed, etc. Giving him the EIC position takes him away from a writing 3-4 books, and frees up a lot of Marvels top-flight artists to be spread about books that really need that extra reader incentive. In addition to promoting minority characters, he apparently is actually pretty knowledgeable about Marvel lore...he just chooses to ignore it for the story he wants to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    I don't think Axel would be fired, more a step down type deal, moved back to editor or to another area of the company, Sana Amanat, I think no, just because she's seen as one of if not the architect of ANAD and Now!, regardless of quality, neither initiative was very successful, especially compared to past ventures by Marvel, she'll likely catch some blowback from that.
    It would be unfair to pin the failings of either of those two initiatives on her for a number of decisions that fall well outside the scope of her powers. Editors just curate the content, and content will always be variable depending on who's currently in the market for Marvel Comics.

What really needs to happen is a shake-up on the business oriented side of Marvel - the people who actually decide how many books Marvel publishes, how they're published and how they're priced. They had good ideas that they dropped off. Original digital content is a good one, but Marvel has never priced those books well. Digital copies for higher priced books was a good idea. I still believe their should be tiered pricing so books that skew younger or star lesser known properties tied to mid-tier creators are more appealing for purchase. I wish they had more digital first content that they could price lower and collect later in trade or digest format. Books like Moon Girl that sell like crap in the direct market, for example, should be prime candidates for that. The fact that they sell like crap in DM should give them more incentive to push digital there.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 04-10-2017 at 05:16 AM.

Realistically speaking, the next EIC will probably be either Brevoort or Amanat.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

Amazing Member

"their"

Editing!

SW

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Wacker View Post
    "their"

Editing!

SW

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Wacker View Post
    "their"

Editing!

SW
    Yep, why I said you would be good. I would be a trash editor.

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    I voted other, and I have some controversial picks.

My first pick would be someone that for some reason Marvel never worked with anymore: Mark Millar. I don't like him as much as an writer, but I love his ideas. If he could bring some new blood and spark for the comics, it would be interesting.

My second pick would be less controversial, and more in line with what Marvel is doing lately: Mark Waid. Why? He has experience, and I do think that regardless how much I'm not really enjoying The Avengers (dropped after issue #3), he has some very interesting ideas about comics in the future and I think Marvel could use someone as knowledgeable as him.

My third pick and "safe" pick would be Stephen Wacker. Also from those that I want to get it, it seems the one most likely.

My out of the left field pick - since he doesn't have the experience at all but I think he can envision things in a large scale better than anyone in comics right now - would be Jonathan Hickman.

But I have a single strong feeling about a new EiC: whoever gets the job, please not Bendis. Please. I'd take Bob Harras over him or literally anyone else.
    I think Mark Waid has a good chance of being EIC.

He has significant editorial experience, and Marvel has a record of success with EICs who have created comics in the past, with Stan Lee, Joe Quesada and Jim Shooter.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Well, I figure the most logical person to get picked is the Brevoort, now innit'?

But seriously though - I don't think Axel is in any danger of getting the boot - mainly because he was appointed by Joe Quesada, who still sits at a higher position as CCO - and that's not the only higher-up friend Axel has in the company - he's definitively friendly with both Jeph Loeb over at Marvel TV, and Stephen Wacker and CB Cebulski both - if Perlmutter gets the "brilliant" idea of letting Axel be the fall-guy, then he'd be in for a world of hurtin'!

I can actually see a pretty big organisational storm blowing up because of it, and it might actually end up biting the Perlmutter's butt in the end - god knows there must be tons and tons of forces within Marvel and Disney who'd love to take a piece out of that guy - and the firing of Axel Alonso would be the PERFECT moment to do it...

Hmm...! Now that I think about it...! Yeah! It's time! Fire 'em Ike! LOL! ; )

EDIT:

With that said... Since I just voted for him, I might as well say who I'd WANT to be the new EIC... THE WACKER! Haha! ^^

Seriously, I've enjoyed the wast majority of all of the books whom that glorious bastard have edited.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Who I want to, or who I think it'll be?
    (Obviously, they are far from being the same person.)

Peace
    If you say you'd want it to be Bob Harras I'm going to have to punch you straight in the face, man.

Seriously.
    Last edited by L.R Johansson; 04-10-2017 at 09:56 AM.