Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default 10 Most Evil X-Men Villains

WhatCulture Comics released a video counting down the 10 most evil X-men villians. What do you think? Remember this is most evil, not necessarily the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc5MAz1VY2g

10. Azazeal
    9. DONALD Pierce
    8. Shadow King
    7. Mastermind
    6. Selene
    5. William Stryker
    4. Mister Sinister
    3. Stryfe
    2. Cassandra Nova
    1. Apocalypse

Im shocked Mystique isnt there bc she ranks up there in top 3. She has no redeeming qualities outside of maybe her relationship with Rogue which she has been willing to sh-t on if it gets in the way of her goals

Well, this seems to be primarily the nihilistically evil villains. The sort to kill millions just because they can. That said, Azazel and Mastermind don't make as much sense.

No mention of Xorneto? He was basically mutant Hitler who sent thousands of New Yorkers to ovens. Or was that retconned too when they retconned his identity? Also, Sabretooth to me seems like a pretty evil guy considering that aside from being irredeemably homicidal he might also be at least a bit rape-y and cannibalistic to boot, though I'm not 100% sure if those have only been slightly implied but never actually explicitly shown.

I'd say Selene, Stryfe, the Marauders, and Donald Pierce would all certainly have guaranteed spots on my list of the most evil X-Men villains.

Mojo & arcade

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

For me this list is a mess and missing important villains. In now particular order I would say that Stryfe, Selene, Cassandra Nova, Cameron Hodge, Bastion/Nimrod, the Shadow King, Sabretooth, Mystique, the Marauders, and Sinister would be mine. Honorable mention for the Goblyn Queen and Zorneto once they went full dark. Donald Pierce, Mastermind, Azazeal, and William Stryker? Really? These guys were bad but I feel like the movies cloud people's judgements on what evil is.

1. Selene (she has absolutely no mission in life except to propagate her own rise to power, at the expense of live of others. Indeed, her very nature demands it. Short of Red Skull she is likely marvel's most irredeemable villain, and when you include people like Apocalypse and Thanos that's saying a lot. At least they have some sort of "in their head" noble mission.
    2. Apocalypse
    3. Shadow King
    4. Cassandra Nova
    5. Sabretooth (non inverted)
    6. Stryfe
    7. Mister Sinister
    8. Mystique
    9. Emplate (I'd place him higher since his powers are so similar to Selene, but he does show remorse for it at times.)
    10. Adversary

I thought about including Goblyn Queen to Maddie is such a tragic figure, a victim of manipulation, that despite her actual power, it's in many ways not her own fault, and not "evil" as much as "made that way" so to speak. William Stryker also comes very close and in fact was #10 but let's be honest, Adversary only wanted chaos to run supreme, how is that not evil.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 04-12-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    For me this list is a mess and missing important villains. In now particular order I would say that Stryfe, Selene, Cassandra Nova, Cameron Hodge, Bastion/Nimrod, the Shadow King, Sabretooth, Mystique, the Marauders, and Sinister would be mine. Honorable mention for the Goblyn Queen and Zorneto once they went full dark. Donald Pierce, Mastermind, Azazeal, and William Stryker? Really? These guys were bad but I feel like the movies cloud people's judgements on what evil is.
    I think Pierce is most definitely evil. He has shown little if any propensity for good. The guy is almost always awful in the worst ways

Eh I feel like Sabretooth was more evil than any of those listed. He may not have operated on the same scope as them, but he was definitely more of a monster you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley... or forest. Others might ignore you simply because you don't matter or not important enough whereas Creed would would've went after you for simply catching your scent or to satisfy his thirst for killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    William Stryker killed a lot of the x-men students! He's a very deadly religious threat

Of all this lot for me the scariest has always been Selene. Why? She has been killing people for 17000 years! I think her potential is untapped.. Necrosha was just a snack.. and ever a goddess as the Enchantress vowed to her... I have always thought there is way more to Selene than it meets the eye.. she only needs a good writer and a good artist to tell her story
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

In no particular order:

Sentinels
    Magneto
    Apocalypse
    Mr Sinister
    Shadow King
    Hellfire Club
    Selene
    Cassandra Nova
    Mauraders
    Onslaught

Is evil defined as the one who has done the most damage because it's already canon that it's Scarlet Witch followed by Cassandra Nova, think it was in X-Men the Day after by Chris Claremont.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Is evil defined as the one who has done the most damage because it's already canon that it's Scarlet Witch followed by Cassandra Nova, think it was in X-Men the Day after by Chris Claremont.
    No and SW isn't evil. What she did was horrific but it wasn't motivated by anything evil

No, evil is defined by just what they do and how little remorse they have for it.

For example, the Marauders slaughtered a whole bunch of Morlocks who never did anything to them, and some even took perverse pleasure in doing it. That made the likes of Riptide, Arclight, Scalphunter, and so on among the most evil people the X-Men have encountered.

William Stryker and his Purifiers murdered people ... including children ... solely because they were mutants, and showed no remorse whatsoever for it.

Donald Pierce was similarly awful.

So, yes. I think we're looking for people who would definitely be considered Complete Monsters (to use a term from TV Tropes).