Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I haven't gotten to all of the X-Factor run yet, but the very earliest version of Simonson's Apocalypse is horrible.

They might have simplified that storyline down in the first season, but they ended up distilling it to its vital elements. We still got to know Warren as this rich playboy who felt alienated by his mutation. We saw him change into this Angel of Death. And we saw him recoil at the horror of Apocalypse and help the X-Men. None of that was accomplished in the film version.
    Warren was very proud of who he was during the horsemen storyline and that was partly the reason why he was a horsemen. Which is the exact opposite of the animated version. The movie kinda told Warren's story arc but with Magneto. He goes into depression, is the final horsemen, turns on Apocalypse, and helps the X-Men. It's like how DOFP replaced Kitty with Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

how far did you get bc Apocalypse in X-Factor was the only good story featuring him outside of AoA. He was an actual threat in that series and not the joke he's been made out to be in later years
    I wouldn't say he was made into a joke. But rather he became underutilized due to being basically redundant with the presence of Sinister.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-15-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    how far did you get bc Apocalypse in X-Factor was the only good story featuring him outside of AoA. He was an actual threat in that series and not the joke he's been made out to be in later years
    I don't think I made it 8 or 9 issues. The whole 'fanning the flames of mutant bigotry to help mutants' angle didn't work for me, nor did all of the team not telling Jean about Maddie for FOREVER. The only thing I remember was Apocalypse saying really cheesy dialogue and hitting Frenzy while hooking some dude up to a heroin machine? I don't like Simonson's writing that much. X-Terminators was her best work that I have read. She ruined the New Mutants when she took over from Claremont. I could only stomach a few issues on that run too. Maybe I will try to at least read the Fall of the Mutants run, and the later Apocalypse arc with Nathan and the techno virus.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Hmm.... I actually liked the story where Gambit became a Horseman....