Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I just have no enthusiasm for Anthem, and I am usually one of the first in line for Bioware games. It looks pretty and all but I just get such a strong Destiny vibe off everything they have shown, and that is just not my type of game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I just have no enthusiasm for Anthem, and I am usually one of the first in line for Bioware games.
    It's a multiplayer thing that requires you to be online even if you're on your own. Hard pass.

And I hate the "games as service" bullcrap with a vengeance.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I just have no enthusiasm for Anthem, and I am usually one of the first in line for Bioware games. It looks pretty and all but I just get such a strong Destiny vibe off everything they have shown, and that is just not my type of game.
    Anthem was designed to compete with Destiny. I'm personally waiting on Borderlands 3 if I want a lootbased co-op shooter.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The message needs to be sent to EA , they junked what could have been a great Star Wars game all because it didn't have multiplayer and was a single story based game. EA believes its all dead but as folks have pointed out the last couple years Horizon Zero Dawn , God of War etc have shown that is bullshit. EA will need to see Anthem crash n burn that people want good fucking games and not cash grabs.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Speaking of EA, man, that demo of NBA live 19 sure makes me wanna switch side from 2k.

And really, there are no good guys there lol between EA and 2K, both are disgustingly greedy companies so i don't feel as bad. (a bit though, EA you know)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The message needs to be sent to EA , they junked what could have been a great Star Wars game all because it didn't have multiplayer and was a single story based game. EA believes its all dead but as folks have pointed out the last couple years Horizon Zero Dawn , God of War etc have shown that is bullshit. EA will need to see Anthem crash n burn that people want good fucking games and not cash grabs.
    I resent this. EA is definitely wrong about singler player games but that doesn't make multiplayer ones bad.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    It'd be a mercy killing. The writing has been on the wall for Bioware since EA bought them out, and they've pretty much been a shambling corpse-puppet ever since the Drs retired.
    The Drs left because the fan (over)reaction to ME3's ending sucked the enthusiasm out of them.

EA clearly changed the company and forced some issues, but not that one.

I'm actually really excited about Anthem, and I find that ever since EA course corrected on Star Wars: Battlefront II it's been a pretty solid experience.

That said I'd love to see a third person single player game, preferably one dealing with bounty hunters and the underworld.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I resent this. EA is definitely wrong about singler player games but that doesn't make multiplayer ones bad.
    Yeah, EA screwing over that Star Wars game annoys me as much as anyone else but I can't help but feel like a lot of people are taking their frustrations out on Anthem (or MP games in general). "Good games" are not a synonym for, "single player" and cash grabs are not limited to multiplayer.

The existence of multiplayer games isn't the problem. EA being entirely focused on twisting the knife at every opportunity is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'm actually really excited about Anthem, and I find that ever since EA course corrected on Star Wars: Battlefront II it's been a pretty solid experience.
    The sad part is Battlefront 2's been a good game from day one. But the shitty business model completely overshadowed everything else.

That said I'd love to see a third person single player game, preferably one dealing with bounty hunters and the underworld.
    You're just going to bring up sad memories.

So I've spent the past few days playing the Anthem demo. The story and characters just go in one ear and out the other (though Bioware hasn't told a story that I cared about since DA: Origins) but the actual gameplay...?

Star Wars : Battlefront 2 is DOA anyhow...once that whole loot box crap came out the game would never recover. As some have pointed out EA has fucked that Star Wars license to hell and in 6 years has 2 games to show for it. Its stunning Disney hasn't stepped in and yanked it given how bad its been. Hell even the Rogue One writer claims that Disney should be stepping in and pulling that license given how they have pissed all over the license for 6 years.

Yet its like Disney has stayed quiet , content to let the potential money they could make off a good game or games be wasted. Just stunning really.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Screwattack's youtube channel is rebranded to death battle, their twitter deactivated and everying else folded into rooster teeth. it died just days short of its 13th anniversary....it didn't live to be bar mitzvahed

Star Wars : Battlefront 2 is DOA anyhow...once that whole loot box crap came out the game would never recover. As some have pointed out EA has fucked that Star Wars license to hell and in 6 years has 2 games to show for it. Its stunning Disney hasn't stepped in and yanked it given how bad its been. Hell even the Rogue One writer claims that Disney should be stepping in and pulling that license given how they have pissed all over the license for 6 years.

Yet its like Disney has stayed quiet , content to let the potential money they could make off a good game or games be wasted. Just stunning really.
    I can only imagine that Disney just isn't overly concerned with how the games do (as long as it doesn't blow up like the BF2 situation did). Just crank out something that'll put a few extra dollars in their pocket on the side.

Really, if quality was their primary concern they probably wouldn't have given EA exclusive rights in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Screwattack's youtube channel is rebranded to death battle, their twitter deactivated and everying else folded into rooster teeth. it died just days short of its 13th anniversary....it didn't live to be bar mitzvahed
    When the Top 10 guy was leaving for The Know and gonna do videos under that ; someone brought up that a lot of their content creators had left and that Death Battle is all they had left. So it seems this is gonna be it moving forward. Like a Machinma ...times changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    I can only imagine that Disney just isn't overly concerned with how the games do (as long as it doesn't blow up like the BF2 situation did). Just crank out something that'll put a few extra dollars in their pocket on the side.

Really, if quality was their primary concern they probably wouldn't have given EA exclusive rights in the first place.
    I'm sure that Disney was looking at how well EA handles the Mass Effect games as well as Dragon Age. They were like ; EA seems to have something good here and can make money. This was before EA went to hell in a handbasket.

When the Top 10 guy was leaving for The Know and gonna do videos under that ; someone brought up that a lot of their content creators had left and that Death Battle is all they had left. So it seems this is gonna be it moving forward. Like a Machinma ...times changed.

The problems started in 2014....right when they were bought by fullscreen. not a coincedence