Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In comical fashion this morning I was getting ready to sit and play some Uncharted : Lost Legacy but suddenly PSN went down for maintenance. Which pissed off everyone it appears on the whole "down" site as folks were playing Monster Hunter World and other games. Lucky for me the service was only down 30-40 minutes.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    You know I'm starting to think with Far Cry 5 that Ubisoft has realized people seem very on the fence as far as the premise goes and making radical evil nationalists using Christianity as a twisted conversion tool, so they're having to include a lot of unrelated material alongside it between the Map Editor tool with Arcade and upcoming DLC in the season pass featuring zombies, aliens and Vietcong soldiers, none of which is connected to the main narrative
    They've been doing things like that for years
    FC3_Blood_Dragon_Cover.jpg

And map editors have been in since the first game.

This has me intrigued

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/03/0...-monster?watch

I haven't had a good old fashioned blob 'em up in a while

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Interesting, almost like playing Carnage without its host. If you like playing the villain I can recommend the Friday the 13th game, playing as the various Jasons and finding unpleasant ways to take out those pesky campers is fun, if occasionally unsettling given they used actual stuntmen and Kane Hodder (who played Jason for four films) to create the gruesome death animations.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    They've been doing things like that for years
    FC3_Blood_Dragon_Cover.jpg

And map editors have been in since the first game.
    Fair point. Would have been nice if they planned to remaster Blood Dragon too alongside FC3 so I could give it a try. And as I said I've only played some of Primal before (must give it a retry actually) which didn't have a map editor.

I am kind of hoping that next month to tie in with 5's release they could put up Far Cry 4 on PS Plus, but in the mean time I've got Rachet and Clank and Bloodbourne to try so no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Interesting, almost like playing Carnage without its host. If you like playing the villain I can recommend the Friday the 13th game, playing as the various Jasons and finding unpleasant ways to take out those pesky campers is fun, if occasionally unsettling given they used actual stuntmen and Kane Hodder (who played Jason for four films) to create the gruesome death animations.
    Carnage is the perfect descriptor haha. I love the old school graphics too, it looks like tons of fun

I've never really been a big horror fan, but playing as the villain is almost always a blast

Kind of a pity that MG Survive seems like a sort of lazy cash-in. There's actually some ground in the series for decent spin-offs, or even remakes of the older, now somewhat dated games....the Snake Eater Pachislot, for instance, shows some impressive cutscenes rendered in the FOX engine, a pity that they didn't bother with the rest of the game. MGS rising also showed you can have a pretty good spin-off even it's a largely different kind of game.

There's still plenty of gaps they can use in the story....The Cobras in World War II, The founding of the Patriots, the 10 year gap between MGSV and the original MG, Solid Snake's and Otacon in Philanthropy etc.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of a pity that MG Survive seems like a sort of lazy cash-in. There's actually some ground in the series for decent spin-offs, or even remakes of the older, now somewhat dated games....the Snake Eater Pachislot, for instance, shows some impressive cutscenes rendered in the FOX engine, a pity that they didn't bother with the rest of the game. MGS rising also showed you can have a pretty good spin-off even it's a largely different kind of game.

There's still plenty of gaps they can use in the story....The Cobras in World War II, The founding of the Patriots, the 10 year gap between MGSV and the original MG, Solid Snake's and Otacon in Philanthropy etc.

Without Kijima , I'd say let it go. Because quite frankly he was Metal Gear. The guy was the heart and soul of that franchise.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Yeah, unless they announce a Metal Gear Rising 2, I think I'm done with the franchise as a whole.

If I could bend the ear of Konami - and, y'know, was a hotshot head of a good development studio - my spin-off pitch of choice would be a team-based game (in theory a cross-breed of regular MGS and something like Rainbow Six) starring Liquid Snake and his FOXHOUND pals, going from Liquid's initial recruitment all the way through to the unit's rebellion and occupation of Shadow Moses. I've always found Liquid to be a more interesting presence than his gravel-voiced brother, and even if we're counting the unfinished chapters from The Phantom Pain there's a really big, interesting gap in his life from when he was a child soldier up 'til MGS1. We know what happened, but we don't really know the how or why. Plus I'm still unclear as to why Ocelot chose to essentially mentor him, or exactly what kind of relationship he had with Mantis since they go back further than the rest of the group.

Gameplay-wise, it'd be co-op designed but allow for solo play with on-the-spot character swapping. Liquid works more or less like any other Snake, Mantis is fragile as hell but can cast distracting illusions and puppetstring unsuspecting guards to follow his moves (either increasing his firepower or working as human shields), Wolf is fairly self-explanatory (operates beyond the borders of the actual combat zone, so she's rarely in actual danger but has limited perspective due to terrain working against her - successful play requires careful timing and knowing the best vantage points, works best with someone in-theater explaining guard patrol routes), Ocelot and Raven allow for more straight-up action, and Octopus can pull Hitman-style quick changes to waltz through enemy lines undetected, offering a new approach for stealth.

But, that would be a big ask from Konami as it is.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

So I finished Uncharted : Lost Legacy where Chloe and Nadine defeated the evil bad guy Asav. It was a nice touch and seeing them end the game with a pizza scene with the little girl and Sam perfect. I can see why Naughty Dog only charged $40 for this as it really wasn't a full game Uncharted game. As we all know originally it started out as DLC for Uncharted 4 but they decided against it as the game got bigger.

One of the things that irked me about it was how hard it was to take head shots in this game. Usually with good arm and all , you can snap off tons of head shots. I normally could get a lot in a row. Here it was hard to even get a couple in a row due to how the folks would move.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    If I could bend the ear of Konami - and, y'know, was a hotshot head of a good development studio - my spin-off pitch of choice would be a team-based game (in theory a cross-breed of regular MGS and something like Rainbow Six) starring Liquid Snake and his FOXHOUND pals, going from Liquid's initial recruitment all the way through to the unit's rebellion and occupation of Shadow Moses. I've always found Liquid to be a more interesting presence than his gravel-voiced brother, and even if we're counting the unfinished chapters from The Phantom Pain there's a really big, interesting gap in his life from when he was a child soldier up 'til MGS1. We know what happened, but we don't really know the how or why. Plus I'm still unclear as to why Ocelot chose to essentially mentor him, or exactly what kind of relationship he had with Mantis since they go back further than the rest of the group.

Gameplay-wise, it'd be co-op designed but allow for solo play with on-the-spot character swapping. Liquid works more or less like any other Snake, Mantis is fragile as hell but can cast distracting illusions and puppetstring unsuspecting guards to follow his moves (either increasing his firepower or working as human shields), Wolf is fairly self-explanatory (operates beyond the borders of the actual combat zone, so she's rarely in actual danger but has limited perspective due to terrain working against her - successful play requires careful timing and knowing the best vantage points, works best with someone in-theater explaining guard patrol routes), Ocelot and Raven allow for more straight-up action, and Octopus can pull Hitman-style quick changes to waltz through enemy lines undetected, offering a new approach for stealth.

But, that would be a big ask from Konami as it is.
    Part of Ocelot's reasoning is given in TPP's post-credits, although it is a big vague as well.

A lot of fans and even Kojima himself have also suggested a game with the Boss and the Cobra Unit.

Yeah, there's definetly still gaps in the game's overall story that can be fleshed out. Big Boss's time with CIPHER, What Big Boss and Venom did after TPP and before the original MG (including several events elluded to in the other games), Snake and Otacon taking on the various rip-off Metal Gears with Philanthropy, the rescue of Sunny (Initially meant to be the plot of "Rising") etc.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

With scant details, the next game is the Fallout series will be Fallout 76

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/30/17...c-ps4-xbox-one
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Anthem not having romances triggered Bioware's fanbase.
    https://twitter.com/gameinformer/sta...30440122470401

Did they honestly expect that to be there for the type of game Anthem is suppose to be? Bioware romances tend to ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Anthem not having romances triggered Bioware's fanbase.
    https://twitter.com/gameinformer/sta...30440122470401

Did they honestly expect that to be there for the type of game Anthem is suppose to be? Bioware romances tend to ****.
    At least it would be something to make the game more distinct than its current direction of 'somewhere between Destiny and Warframe'. Jump in a robot suit, do grindy shooting for a couple hours, then head back to home base, chat up the nearest attractive alien and settle in for a different sort of grind.

Meanwhile, Command & Conquer is a mobile game with a distressing CG caricature of Joe Kucan and I'm really not amused by this at all.

Being fair, without the name and brand attached this doesn't look like such a bad little time-waster. But holy crap does EA's lack of f***s-given for old IPs upset me (remember Dungeon Keeper Mobile, or did you block out that memory to save yourself some pain?). And you just know there'll be some crappy time-delay mechanics you can skip by paying EA more money.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.