Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 183
  1. #136
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    Meh, i tried Anthem for around 10 hours and honestly i found it to be quite a decent game.

  2. #137
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Meh, i tried Anthem for around 10 hours and honestly i found it to be quite a decent game.
    Did you make it to the tomb mission? That's the spot where that got players the most pissed.

  3. #138
    Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,466

    Default

    https://realotakugamer.com/nintendo-...-new-president

    Reggie fils-aime is retiring from Nintendo.

    Doug Bowser is the new president
    Last edited by Gryphon; 02-21-2019 at 01:19 PM.

  4. #139
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Did you make it to the tomb mission? That's the spot where that got players the most pissed.
    Word on the street is that it should be fixed for release.

    I don't know, a lot of the hate around the game seems to be around the fact that it's from Bioware and EA more than anything else. And yeah, i know, people are not happy with those companies, expecially EA. I am too, expecially after the Battlefront debacle and damn, i wish i could forget Andromeda.

    And i'm not saying that Anthem is a great game, just that i don't think it's bad. And, more importantly, it has a HUUUUGE potential. Right now there is little content, not enough for most people apparently, so my advice would be to wait a bit maybe.

    Till they fix the most annoying bugs and add a bit of stuff.

  5. #140
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    https://realotakugamer.com/nintendo-...-new-president

    Reggie fils-aime is retiring from Nintendo.

    Doug Bower is the new president
    You misspelled his name, it's Doug Bowser, yes the president of Nintendo is now literally a guy named Bowser.

  6. #141
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Word on the street is that it should be fixed for release.

    I don't know, a lot of the hate around the game seems to be around the fact that it's from Bioware and EA more than anything else. And yeah, i know, people are not happy with those companies, expecially EA. I am too, expecially after the Battlefront debacle and damn, i wish i could forget Andromeda.

    And i'm not saying that Anthem is a great game, just that i don't think it's bad. And, more importantly, it has a HUUUUGE potential. Right now there is little content, not enough for most people apparently, so my advice would be to wait a bit maybe.

    Till they fix the most annoying bugs and add a bit of stuff.
    Most of the hate really isn't at Bioware from what I have seen. Its more a fear for Bioware who many feel that the company is in a scary spot given the failure of Andromeda and how EA has closed studios on a whim the last decade. So they are in fear EA will be stupid and close them if Anthem doesn't sell great. Also a lot of complaints in videos is the silly grinding aspects and as one mentioned the lack of story.

    Plus its more what Microsoft has pretty much got a deal here going on to push Anthem and help themselves. Instead got angry over the reaction.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  7. #142
    Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    4,657

    Default

    The hate for Anthem really stems from the fact that it’s a lose-lose situation: if it does badly by EA’s standards (in other words not the next FIFA cash sucking machine) then they will pull the trigger and bury the corpse of BioWare for good, cancelling both future Dragon Age and Mass Effect projects without remorse. If it does well enough then EA will equally pressure BioWare to keep making the same kind of Destiny clones and Battle Royale knockoffs it and Activision clearly wish all games right now were.

    Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

  8. #143
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its the rare case where the sequel game is way , way better than the 1st one. It lived up to what Rocksteady claimed.
    Arkham city and Assasins creed 2 imo are good example of sequels that upped the game. Etzio is still my favorite AC character. They shoulda used him in the movie not a boring original character with no charm.

  9. #144
    Astonishing Member Tuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,889

    Default

    I feel like improving in sequels is pretty common in video games. Mass Effect 2, Uncharted 2, inFAMOUS 2, Half-Life 2 . . .


    (And although I like Arkham City better than Asylum, I would concede Asylum is the tighter game overall. I just would rather be Batman on the streets of Gotham.) Devs burn so much time creating the world and character and systems. On the sequel, they're generally tweaking and expanding what they already have.

  10. #145
    Wrath of a God Xero Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

    I don't know, a lot of the hate around the game seems to be around the fact that it's from Bioware and EA more than anything else. And yeah, i know, people are not happy with those companies, expecially EA.
    You know it's bad when the developers of Apex Legends cited their association with EA as being one of the reasons that they didn't try to market the game at all.

    And yeah, Anthem is fun. For whatever reason, people seem to want to go into the game thinking that it's going to be an MMO and it's not. It's a co-op shooter more along the lines of Borderlands. It's giving people a lot of expectations that the game isn't going to live up to.

  11. #146
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    Been playing it some more since release and yes, my opinion didn't change. I'm still having fun.

    Co-op action PVE games aren't all that common really outside MMOs so it's cool to have one more around.

    Now, it's repetitive yes but how is that really that huge of a problem in those crazy Battle Royales heavy times we're going through? I love me some Apex Legends, i play the game at least once everyday but come on, don't tell me it's not repetitive as fck.

    Granted, you play against humans so that's something. But still.

  12. #147
    Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    4,657

    Default

    Been playing Thimbleweed Park, makes me wish there were more Point and Click Adventure games made these days... might have to give the Remastered Day of the Tentacle a go too.

  13. #148
    Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    4,657

    Default

    Has anyone here played any of the FMV Wales Interactive games? I learnt about The Shapeshifting Detective lately and thought it sounded fun, then I realized it was the same crew doing other FMV modern games like Late Shift, The Bunker and The Madness of Doctor Drecker… just wondering if any are decent.

  14. #149
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    You know it's bad when the developers of Apex Legends cited their association with EA as being one of the reasons that they didn't try to market the game at all.
    Developers also said EA wasn't involved with the game's development. It's probably why it doesn't suck.

  15. #150
    Wrath of a God Xero Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Developers also said EA wasn't involved with the game's development. It's probably why it doesn't suck.
    Yeah, Titanfall 2 was great and you can tell EA didn't dig their hands in there either.

    Hopefully Apex Legend's success doesn't change that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •