Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lyons75 View Post
    Any good/non-mainstream RPGs to recommend? I've been going through top 10-100 lists all over the web, and I'm pretty disappointed. All of them keep talking about the same video games, and I either:

1) Already played these titles
    2) Don't ever want to play them

For example, these all feature Witcher 3 and Mass Effect:

https://www.pcgamer.com/best-rpgs-of-all-time/
    https://gamegavel.com/best-rpg-games/
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/15-best-rpgs-pc

They are both great games, but I'm looking for something fresh or something that went under my radar. So, recommendations? I don't mind playing older titles like Morrowind.

Thanks,

Alex
    Are you into JRPGs? I got a couple recommendations there. Anything developed by Vanillaware is a surefire winner.

Quote Originally Posted by lyons75 View Post
    Oooh, I had no idea about that, wanted to play that game in like forever. Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!
    Check out Planescape: Torment as well.

If you like BG and P:T check out Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sin II, and Torment: Tides of Numenara (that one isn't as strong as the other two though.)
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Cyberpunk 2077’s Standard Edition looks incredible, definitely planning to pre-order it now. (And hopefully play some Witcher 3 before that so I can see what all the fuss is about with CD Project Red games.)

That said I really hope that it not out until next year, I’m gonna be busy enough as it is this fall with Death Stranding and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (and whenever Marvel’s Avengers is out). Plus Vampires 2 and Destroy All Humans remake, yikes...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    That said I really hope that it not out until next year, I’m gonna be busy enough as it is this fall with Death Stranding and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (and whenever Marvel’s Avengers is out). Plus Vampires 2 and Destroy All Humans remake, yikes...
    That just means you can wait to buy it, and you'll get it half price or so.

Honestly, I'm not sure how much the Witcher 3 is going to let us know how Cyberpunk will be, other than CDProjektRed clearly being meticulous and passionate about making games. The only things the games have in common are the dev and they're both RPGs.

Nice video looking at the evolution of LEGO games over the last 25 years! I am old enough to have very fond memories of LEGO Island... Very excited to play LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, probably gonna actually play LEGO Force Awakens which I picked up a couple years back and barely started!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Nice video looking at the evolution of LEGO games over the last 25 years! I am old enough to have very fond memories of LEGO Island... Very excited to play LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, probably gonna actually play LEGO Force Awakens which I picked up a couple years back and barely started!

I really love the Lego games and basically working my way to getting all of them. I really hope they give us another DC game. Basically the last game hinted that Crisis on Infinite Earths is coming Lego wise. (as a homage to George Perez we see them recreate lego wise the cover to issue #9)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I really love the Lego games and basically working my way to getting all of them. I really hope they give us another DC game. Basically the last game hinted that Crisis on Infinite Earths is coming Lego wise. (as a homage to George Perez we see them recreate lego wise the cover to issue #9)
    That sounds really interesting, especially since it could mean a game with a focus on characters from Earth 2 and various other realities, basically do with DC via the Anti Monitor what they did with Marvel in Superheroes 2 with Kang. I would assume they might do a second Avengers game next year with Infinity War and Endgame, though I guess it might be a bit late as a release. I would also love to see them do a game focused entirely on the X-Men - they definitely have enough characters and content over nearly sixty years of history. But I am definitely going to ask for LEGO DC Villains for Christmas this year now it’s nice and cheap.

I am sad that they removed the LEGO Lord Of The Rings games though I guess the license deal for it ran out.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/bruce...nsoles-and-pc/

a new Evil Dead game is in the works for consoles and PC. Also it will not be a VR game.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

After the last couple months I just hit a nice milestone. I now have 150 PS3 games. It stuns me I managed to get so many of those the last 4-5 years.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

For those who remembers the rpg Paranoia, i owned a first edition back then, a computer version is on the making. (pc, steam)

Release at some point in 2019, end of the year i think personally.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8..._is_Mandatory/

Not sure it's going to interest a lot of people but as a old fan i'm quite hyped. I have that nagging feeling that it's going to end up being disappointing but as happiness is mandatory i sure as hell am not going to complain.

Ain't one of those commies, mutants or traitors

Finally went out and bought a Switch and absolutely love it. Now that my kids are all getting older I don't have a lot of time to monopolize the television so it's nice having a system that either we can all play relatively easily or I can use as a handheld.

I still have my Xbox and PS4 but I haven't touched either in over a month. I've mostly been playing Fire Emblem and Breath of the Wild, but I'm thinking about grabbing a fighting game. Not sure if I want to get Smash Brothers, Ultra Street Fighter 2, or wait for Samurai Showdown.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Walmart will remove ads for violent video games but will continue to sell guns. Yea....that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Walmart will remove ads for violent video games but will continue to sell guns. Yea....that makes sense
    Musical acts (at least used to) have to produce a Wal Mart friendly version of their album to be sold there. Anything that had a PMRC warning was a no go.

So it's not really surprising. Especially considering they sell guns in some places.