Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Musical acts (at least used to) have to produce a Wal Mart friendly version of their album to be sold there. Anything that had a PMRC warning was a no go.

So it's not really surprising. Especially considering they sell guns in some places.
    Only this is a deflection. This won't do **** and they know it.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Oh well this could be the thing Gamestop needs to give themselves a shot in arm. Attack this and run ads in support of gamers and how they won't be blaming them.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

-Finally getting around to playing Battletech. Loving it so far. Been a while since I jumped into any Battletech-related and I almost forgot how much I used to love this setting. Dumped 22 hours into the game in the past week or so.

-Got Remnant: From the Ashes. This was a nice surprise. It's like what Hellgate: London would have been if it wasn't a complete shitshow.

-Amid Evil and Ion Fury. I've been in the mood for old-school FPS games lately. Great games with good level/enemy designs. Amid Evil in particular has some really cool weapons.

-Squeezing in FFXIV: Shadowbringers when I can. Being an MMO, I'm not in too much of a rush to burn through it. It's a lot better than Stormblood was though. Much better story, cooler dungeons and the soundtrack is ridiculously good. The new Gunbreaker class is fun as hell too.

With Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina coming out, I'll have to get a Switch soon. Gotta knock out some of these other games first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Musical acts (at least used to) have to produce a Wal Mart friendly version of their album to be sold there. Anything that had a PMRC warning was a no go.

So it's not really surprising. Especially considering they sell guns in some places.
    I've never been to a Walmart superstore that didnt sell guns. But I swear i recall buying a dirty version of Nellys Country grammar CD from Walmart when I was a kid and it had a parental advisory sticker on it. Hmm maybe it was Kmart back when they were actually competition

I found this article and thought this might be a good place to share it.

Fear, Anxiety and Hope: What It Means to Be a Minority in Gaming

The outline of Davionne Gooden’s new computer game may feel familiar: The main character must defeat villains to reach an ultimate goal.

But woven in are elements that set the game apart. The main character is stuck in a coma, and the villains are nightmares. Players confront issues of anxiety and depression. And, through an all-black cast, Mr. Gooden deliberately features the experiences of people typically absent from mainstream games.

“If you’re a white creator, you rarely think about that,” he said.

Gaming is a multibillion-dollar business, and one that has remained largely white and largely male.

Five years after “Gamergate” exposed the kind of toxicity that can lurk in a community where diverse perspectives are underrepresented, little seems to have changed for minorities and women in the industry. Today, people like Mr. Gooden still confront an industry that infrequently reflects who they are.
    I think it is a good article.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.