Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I don't know if infected is the right term

but yeah, if someone can play COD and blow away Muslim extremists but then wants to complain about fighting a fundamentalist cult in Montana, they need to reevaluate some things
    Which COD game has Muslim extremist? Those games seem pretty carful to not bring things like religion into it. The main villain of that first Modern Warfare game was a Russian Ultranationalists, and this was back when liberals found it problematic to do that kind of thing with Russians (oh how times change) because it's not the '80s anymore you know.

And people have been writing stupid think pieces on the "problematic" nature of the COD games for years. Likewise there was a whole lot of bitching by stupid people about Resident Evil 5, this was all the more funny because the outrage seemed to come from people that don't play video games, and didn't realize all video games aren't made by white Americans.

Anyways, can't say there was much of any "butthurt" over Far Cry 5. There were sites trying to drum up controversy for a bit, but there wasn't actual ever any.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Which COD game has Muslim extremist? Those games seem pretty carful to not bring things like religion into it. The main villain of that first Modern Warfare game was a Russian Ultranationalists, and this was back when liberals found it problematic to do that kind of thing with Russians (oh how times change) because it's not the '80s anymore you know.

And people have been writing stupid think pieces on the "problematic" nature of the COD games for years. Likewise there was a whole lot of bitching by stupid people about Resident Evil 5, this was all the more funny because the outrage seemed to come from people that don't play video games, and didn't realize all video games aren't made by white Americans.

Anyways, can't say there was much of any "butthurt" over Far Cry 5. There were sites trying to drum up controversy for a bit, but there wasn't actual ever any.
    Modern Warfare (the first game) has the character in a Middle Eastern country fighting through an army led by a Muslim general that has killed the countrys president and seized power, I enjoyed Infinite Warfare where you shoot up anti Earth settlement types

BANNED

Modern Warfare (the first game) has the character in a Middle Eastern country fighting through an army led by a Muslim general that has killed the countrys president and seized power, I enjoyed Infinite Warfare where you shoot up anti Earth settlement types
    It has you fighting terrorist, I don't recall the game ever making an issue about their religion at all. Your assumption would be like saying a GTA game has you in a American city killing Christians.

BANNED

It has you fighting terrorist, I don't recall the game ever making an issue about their religion at all. Your assumption would be like saying a GTA game has you in a American city killing Christians.
    oh man, that'd go over like a lead balloon

the point being is that shooting brown people in a faraway country, or Russian nationalists, or angry space settlement people never raises an eye

now you set a game in Montana, with a WHITE fundamentalist cult as the villains and some folks get spun up about it

Im buying the game anyway, and it also comes out on my BIRTHDAY so yay

BANNED

I did chuckle at the Change.org petition someone started decrying FarCry 5's "portrayal of American Christians"

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I lost interest in COD yonks ago, it's been pointed out how scripted their stories are and how they try to hit on the head your character losing everything. I swear it's like Michael Bay doing a video game most of the time, plus the multiplayer seems to house some of the worst types I notice. I suppose it's good they're returning to their WW2 roots but given the name suggests the entire conflict and it's only focusing on the usual USA in France battlefield I'm not overly invested. Plus lord it's the Zombies again.

Finally got to have a chance to play a hero in Starfighter Assault, managed to do pretty well as the Empire and blow up the Falcon, which let me unlock the chance to play as Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator. Not as powerful as I thought it would be but a pretty cool ship to pilot all the same.

BANNED

Funnily enough, in my kinda long now gaming career the type of target i killed the most in video game is most likely Germans lol. (used to play quite a lot of WW2 games)

That's weird but at some point WW2 Germans were like orcs in video games you know. No one was giving a ****.

Yeah people just got sick of Nazis in video games, hence why COD switched to Modern Warfare, so that led to this extended period without much WW2 games (or at least any AAA ones) until now where we suddenly have Wolverstein, Sniper Elite and COD WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Not sure i like that new hero system yeah. They are only be used by a couple of real good players and the rest of us poor mortals we will have to switch to hero specific modes lol.
    I felt that way a bit at first, but following the objective gets you a lot of points very quickly. Attacking the MTT when you're on Naboo can get you 1500-2000 points easily (fire the Ion disruptor, unload on the MTT with a sentry gun). You're pretty much guaranteed to get several vehicles or upper tier units at the very least once you get the hang of things.

Also, Rey is a complete monster..
    assbeatery.jpg
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 10-06-2017 at 02:52 PM.

To be fair so is Maul, I've seen him dominate those score boards as well.

Yeah, I've seen Maul do some ridiculous **** more than once. Rey just surprised me because her abilities didn't strike me as that impressive at first (and I rarely see anyone use her) and the first few times I tried to use her, I tried to play her like Maul and got immediately stomped out. I quickly learned the value of seeing enemies through walls and stunning entire squads, though.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 10-06-2017 at 03:31 PM.

BANNED

oh man, that'd go over like a lead balloon

the point being is that shooting brown people in a faraway country, or Russian nationalists, or angry space settlement people never raises an eye

now you set a game in Montana, with a WHITE fundamentalist cult as the villains and some folks get spun up about it

Im buying the game anyway, and it also comes out on my BIRTHDAY so yay
    What are you fucking talking about? Eyebrows get raised all the time over those CoD Modern Warfare games, and eyebrows were raised over RE5 because it had a white guy killing zombies that were mostly black.

They aren't a WHITE fundamentalist cult, their are black people in it.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Yeah people just got sick of Nazis in video games, hence why COD switched to Modern Warfare, so that led to this extended period without much WW2 games (or at least any AAA ones) until now where we suddenly have Wolverstein, Sniper Elite and COD WW2.
    Someone make a mod where all the enemies are yarmulke-wearing Wolverines, stat.

BANNED

What are you fucking talking about? Eyebrows get raised all the time over those CoD Modern Warfare games, and eyebrows were raised over RE5 because it had a white guy killing zombies that were mostly black.

They aren't a WHITE fundamentalist cult, their are black people in it.
    "there"

and you talking about that one black guy on the ass end of the poster? lol