Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    EA is being investigated for predatory business practices https://realotakugamer.com/state-of-...ther-companies
    The only shocking thing here is that it hasn't happened sooner.

https://realotakugamer.com/new-japan...uncement-jan-3

New Japan Pro Wrestling is making a video game announcement January 3rd.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    The only shocking thing here is that it hasn't happened sooner.
    It would be comical if EA issued a press release of , "Look we told them the only way they can proceed with this investigation is if they pay $19.99 for the special Investigation loot box and a chance to find special evidence against us. But they will need to collect all 100 pieces of evidence and you can either investigate for months n hours or , pay the $19.99 a box to achieve it !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

A New Japan Pro Wrestling video game is coming....sort of

https://realotakugamer.com/new-japan...g-on-ps4-steam

Great news, the next total was is going to be about the 3 kingdoms.

Didn't expect that, i'm pretty hyped about it.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So apparently we have just hit new levels of mind numbing stupidity with microtransactions because Konami expects you to PAY MONEY TO HAVE A SECOND SAVE IN METAL GEAR SURVIVE and neglected to mention this before release.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...new-save-slot/

...I think Konami wants people to hate them at this point, surely it has to be intentional to make decisions about a once beloved franchise which are this idiotic?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So apparently we have just hit new levels of mind numbing stupidity with microtransactions because Konami expects you to PAY MONEY TO HAVE A SECOND SAVE IN METAL GEAR SURVIVE and neglected to mention this before release.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...new-save-slot/

...I think Konami wants people to hate them at this point, surely it has to be intentional to make decisions about a once beloved franchise which are this idiotic?
    I'm still on the fence as to whether or not the whole of Metal Gear Survive is utter idiocy or a masterclass in how to pull off an easy cash-grab while simultaneously eroding the legacy of an ex-staffer you despise.

See also: The game wasn't playable at launch owing to a necessary day-1 update not being available for 3 DAYS, which essentially delayed all reviews until after the game was on store shelves and online stores for all. So the impressionable public had no advance warning of the game's faults and inadequacies, instead only having residual fondness for the Metal Gear name as a guide.

If I wasn't disgusted I'd be impressed.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

BANNED

thats awful

hidden gems

I downloaded Battle Chasers: Nightwar recently and its really good - old school turn based JRPG style game with really good art, decent crafting and weapons system

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    I'm still on the fence as to whether or not the whole of Metal Gear Survive is utter idiocy or a masterclass in how to pull off an easy cash-grab while simultaneously eroding the legacy of an ex-staffer you despise.

See also: The game wasn't playable at launch owing to a necessary day-1 update not being available for 3 DAYS, which essentially delayed all reviews until after the game was on store shelves and online stores for all. So the impressionable public had no advance warning of the game's faults and inadequacies, instead only having residual fondness for the Metal Gear name as a guide.

If I wasn't disgusted I'd be impressed.
    I feel like in the future it will be a toss up between this and Resident Evil Umbrella Corps for the worst handled and cash grabbing spin off for a console game series ever devised.

And I didn't know about the update thing. Wow, Konami sucks. Like, majorly sucks. Someone offsite said 'The pachinko machines made their brains into nothing but money vacuums' and I'm pretty sure he's right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I feel like in the future it will be a toss up between this and Resident Evil Umbrella Corps for the worst handled and cash grabbing spin off for a console game series ever devised.
    Sadly, if you dip your head around any of the dedicated Resident Evil fan communities, you will almost certainly find a faction who will defend Umbrella Corps to the death. Sometimes they act like it's your fault for "not understanding" how the game works or having "unrealistic expectations", though eventually they all retreat to the same point: that its bland, poorly-written story - y'know, the one entirely provided by flavour text between the anaemic single-player mode, devoid of voice acting, cutscenes or anything else that might convey actual engaging storytelling - is canon and adds super important pieces to the nightmarish spaghetti tangle that is RE's world of lore. This is then followed by digs at the expense of Operation Raccoon City which, while flawed in its own right, does at least feel like it was designed and built with actual craftsmanship, and does basically everything Umbrella Corps can do, but better. Oh, but it's non-canon so it's instantly inferior!

Motherf***ers, I have wasted what feels like years of my life on Resident Evil across 4 console generations, so I am absolutely qualified to tell you that these games' appeal never once had anything to do with their goddamn metaplot.

...by comparison, I really can't imagine anyone, say, defending Metal Gear Survive by insisting it's totally better than Metal Gear Ac!d or somesuch. Or maybe they will? "At least the combat is real-time!" Ay yi yi.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

You know I'm starting to think with Far Cry 5 that Ubisoft has realized people seem very on the fence as far as the premise goes and making radical evil nationalists using Christianity as a twisted conversion tool, so they're having to include a lot of unrelated material alongside it between the Map Editor tool with Arcade and upcoming DLC in the season pass featuring zombies, aliens and Vietcong soldiers, none of which is connected to the main narrative, and a free copy of a remastered Far Cry 3 alongside that. It means I'm much more interested in all of that than the main game. Is that telling?

In other Ubisoft news I’m really interested in Assassin’s Creed Origins having gotten a Discovery Tour mode. Since the series for me has always appealed to the idea of ‘this is the chance to explore an historical epoch without actually owning a time machine’ as much as the assassin stuff, the idea that they’re doing an educational mode which teaches you all about the world of Ancient Egypt using the actual game’s map is amazing and for a guy with a history degree my kind of thing. I not only hope the future Assassin’s Creed games have this mode (I hear that Feudal Japan and the Viking era are possible locales for the next game) but I almost want Ubisoft to recreate older games locations just so they could have a mode like this! I realize it makes the game into a virtual museum but I think games can be totally educational and fun too.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think Ubisoft with Far Cry 5 is doing the whole mantra of the live games model. They want to extend the life of the games they do and get more $$$. Which has the DLC content and folks fighting zombies and more in multiplayer. Its about extending the life of the game beyond things. So I can see why Ubisoft is doing this. Hell it works for Call of Duty with Zombies mode repeatedly.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think Ubisoft with Far Cry 5 is doing the whole mantra of the live games model. They want to extend the life of the games they do and get more $$$. Which has the DLC content and folks fighting zombies and more in multiplayer. Its about extending the life of the game beyond things. So I can see why Ubisoft is doing this. Hell it works for Call of Duty with Zombies mode repeatedly.
    Oh yeah, and to be fair it's a WAY better practice having an expansive season of content than endless micro transactions like EA, and as you say COD and Activision does it all the time (albeit much more in a multiplayer context). They've talked about having some live events to get special stuff in FC5 and how Arcade is going to keep getting expanded. And I've seen other groups do this, for example IO had a very good model with 2016's Hitman, not to mention adding a entire new mini campaign separate from the main story in time for the GOTY edition.

All-New Member

I currently play in PoE, but I would be interested in some kind of shooter or fighting game in the Marvel universe, it does not have to resemble PoE. Can you recommend some?
    Some time ago I also played many other games, but some of them did meet my requirements and had the right specifications. The most important thing in all of this is only trust in the customer and the seller, because if someone would like to sell poe orbs, he would probably write "buy poe orbs" in Google or write "how to buy poe currency?" ehh, this awesome path of exile...
    However, I do not like wasting time, that's why I buy my poe orbs and poe currency quickly in the trusted PoE Shop
    buy poe currency
    Do you know any cheaper PoE currency store? I will be grateful
    Last edited by Kopie; 04-11-2018 at 10:34 AM.