Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Ok, very happy to hear that Travellers Tales are releasing a collection of all the LEGO Marvel games in one set in March, including all the DLC for PS4 and X-Box One. This includes both comic based games from 2013 and 2017 with Doctor Doom and Kang as the villains and also LEGO Avengers from 2015 with adaptations of the first two Avengers films.

Since I suspect that they are planning a LEGO Infinity War/Endgame game for 2019 I think this is a well timed package. I suspect a new LEGO Star Wars game with adaptations of Last Jedi and Episode 9 is also planned for 2020.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Ok, very happy to hear that Travellers Tales are releasing a collection of all the LEGO Marvel games in one set in March, including all the DLC for PS4 and X-Box One. This includes both comic based games from 2013 and 2017 with Doctor Doom and Kang as the villains and also LEGO Avengers from 2015 with adaptations of the first two Avengers films.

Since I suspect that they are planning a LEGO Infinity War/Endgame game for 2019 I think this is a well timed package. I suspect a new LEGO Star Wars game with adaptations of Last Jedi and Episode 9 is also planned for 2020.
    Hopefully they make sure to not include the bugs in said games. Which really would piss folks off given how some played.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Hopefully they make sure to not include the bugs in said games. Which really would piss folks off given how some played.
    What bugs were those? Also makes me wonder if they’ll do a remastered Complete Saga for LEGO Star Wars with the six original movies...

What bugs were those? Also makes me wonder if they’ll do a remastered Complete Saga for LEGO Star Wars with the six original movies...
    There was numerous bugs in the Marvel games. They had a forums post if you google search the lego games where they detailed a number of them. One bug wouldn't let me finish a side mission deal in one game. Another bug wouldn't let me finish a Thor level (which many described as the same problem). In all the games Marvel wise have had these bugs.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Craig Skistimas who founded screwattack has said that rooster teeth mismanaged them. he called it RT's biggest wasted opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by wilspat View Post
    Recently addicted to PUBG
    You poor bastard.

In other news , Disney is happy EA has taken a gigantic **** on their license franchise and gives no **** about it. So yeah...**** em then. No need to ever get any games since Disney doesn't care it seems.

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news...ea-1203129606/

A license to print fucking money , make good games etc. And this was basically their answer. What a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In other news , Disney is happy EA has taken a gigantic **** on their license franchise and gives no **** about it. So yeah...**** em then. No need to ever get any games since Disney doesn't care it seems.

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news...ea-1203129606/

A license to print fucking money , make good games etc. And this was basically their answer. What a waste.
    Like I said, Disney doesn't care. I suppose they're in a position where they don't have to care (as much as it sucks for us). Games are a side hustle at best for them.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 02-08-2019 at 12:11 PM.

I like to think they're waiting to see how Fallen Order does and I suspect there's going to be a lot of pressure on EA and Respawn to do the entire thing well, but the fact is there's going to probably be a lot of competition this fall. That said releasing alongside both Episode IX and The Mandalorian on Disney+ might work in their favor.

Classic D&D rpgs are coming to console

https://realotakugamer.com/skybound-...gs-to-consoles
    Last edited by Gryphon; 02-09-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I like to think they're waiting to see how Fallen Order does and I suspect there's going to be a lot of pressure on EA and Respawn to do the entire thing well, but the fact is there's going to probably be a lot of competition this fall. That said releasing alongside both Episode IX and The Mandalorian on Disney+ might work in their favor.
    They are not waiting for anything. They don't care because they ain't spending big money on these games as they just license them.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They are not waiting for anything. They don't care because they ain't spending big money on these games as they just license them.
    Yep , its gonna take a major impact of people telling Disney how shitty their games are if it impacts the overall franchise . They already over-exposed the movie brand rushing a Star Wars related film out almost every year til audiences tanked SOLO sadly. So its gonna be funny after 2023 EA decides they don't wanna make the games and other studios lowball Disney to do games.

"We have a valuable license of STAR WARS..." - Disney .

"No , you had a valuable license but given how you let a company run it into the shitter its gonna take a lot of work to fix it." - Game Studios.

So Activation supposedly had a record year in 2018 according to their CEO.

They celebrated it by announcing they'll be firing 800 employees

good to see Activision is still well entrenched as the only gaming company possibly scummier than EA

https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-b...ortedly-begun/

I fear the whole ethos of video game companies catering to investors over gamers could destroy the whole industry if the big boys keep acting this way.

Also EA having instant success with Apex Legends means we have many more years of their Battle Royale Forever Single Player Is Cancelled philosophy to look forward to.

...yay.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 02-13-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    So Activation supposedly had a record year in 2018 according to their CEO.

They celebrated it by announcing they'll be firing 800 employees

good to see Activision is still well entrenched as the only gaming company possibly scummier than EA

https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-b...ortedly-begun/
    I fear the whole ethos of video game companies catering to investors over gamers could destroy the whole industry if the big boys keep acting this way.

Also EA having instant success with Apex Legends means we have many more years of their Battle Royale Forever Single Player Is Cancelled philosophy to look forward to.

...yay.
    Activision as you brought up also lost a big hit on stock due to investors not happy that Call of Duty : Black Ops IV only did $500+ million that 1st few weeks. The investors got mad and the end result was them forcing this. Which will continue to become a trend. EA wasn't happy with sales of Battlefield V. But as Sterling pointed out they aren't happy that Battlefield V moved 7+ million copies thus far. That it didn't move more so they too suffered a stock drop (the biggest in like 20+ years).

Apex Legends will go awhile but knowing EA people are wondering when they'll **** the game up. With tons of loot boxes etc and drive those 25+ million players slowly away to make huge cash ins.