Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    How? Where did she get all that power?

You have to outpower Odin to do this. Unless this is some sort of illusion. If this is an illusion and the hammer is fine hidden somewhere, ok.

Breaking the hammer has a lot of meaning. This isnt Wolverine's skeleton or Iron Man's armor.
    Just to point out, different writers often have different approaches to the material. I know both Lee and Simonson have written Odin in the past as having respect for the power of Hela. While he may be the All-Father, Hela is the goddess of death, after all.

Speaking of which, my assumption is it's her razing of Asgard, and collection of the souls lost there, that empowers her to the point of being able to break Thor's hammer. Somewhat along the lines of a callback to the scene from the Avengers where Thor's lightning super-charges Iron Man's armor enough to allow IM to go toe-to-toe with him for a brief time. If that is the case, I'd personally say the utter destruction of Asgard and the majority of its' inhabitants more than justifies a special case of her being able to crush the hammer. YMMV I guess.

I completely ignore GotG galaxy cause that movie was very clear that they did not care to follow anything of the comics with the movie. Other movies have tried to take some stories and brought them to screen even they change stuff around but Guardians is just a straight up use of the characters and setting and nothing else.
    Honestly, I can understand and empathize with this sentiment. I loved the DnA version of the team, but dropped the book fast after the BMB soft reboot relaunch of the title because I hated what he did with the characters. I find Gunn's MCU version a frustrating, but still ultimately entertaining and enjoyable, middle ground.

"Seasons In The Abyss"

[Hanneman/Araya]

Razors edge
    Outlines the dead
    Incisions in my head
    Anticipation the stimulation
    To kill the exhilaration

[CHORUS]
    Close your eyes
    Look deep in your soul
    Step outside yourself
    And let your mind go
    Frozen eyes stare deep in your mind as you die

[CHORUS 2]
    Close your eyes
    And forget your name
    Step outside yourself
    And let your thoughts drain
    As you go insane... go insane

Innate seed
    To watch you bleed
    A demanding physical need
    Desecrated eviscerated
    Time perpetuated

no!! the hammer! is that some castration metaphorics in a disney movie? you´ll be alright hammer. i promise
    loki headgear looked a bit lame.
    only seen it on a smart phone, and like many here, i am confused about blanchett/hela.
    loved thor´s reaction, but would´ve liked it better if he had said "i know this guy from earth"
    work? really? i love the meta stuff with thor darryl. but hey. i doubt thor doesn´t even know the concept of labour (see darryl clip)

both of them charging each other looked really lame. i would´t have put that into a teaser. oh and gladiator and clones want their arena back. naah it´s cool.
    hope they use some of the aliens from planet hulk and team tulk is not just hulk, thor, valk, skurge

/random thoughts
    Last edited by abulafia; 04-10-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

surprised they gave Loki the "Agent of Asgard" helmet. Always thought it looked feminine for some reason in the comics, but it looks neat here.

Quote Originally Posted by Acecool View Post
    With black panther, I assumed he was scratching the paint on the shield and not the shield itself.
    That's promethean/unobtanium alloy paint there, tho.

Yeah, based on the trailer, this seems to be Thor's "Winter Soldier". Redemption after the first 2 movies. They weren't bad, just had room for improvement.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I'm also looking forward to the tie-ins and Easter eggs. Hela, Executioner, and Valkyrie look amazing. I'm hoping for some epic witty banter between Grandmaster and Loki.

Let's assume Mjolnir shattering is not an illusion, and that Hela actually can do it. So freakin' what? It's a quick clip in a preliminary trailer. Let's not get too many undergarments tied in knots just yet.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Trailer comes out.

Fans: "The CGI is meh"
    Other fans: "They'll fix that."

Is it just me or does the CGI always looks the same in the final release?

Anyhow...the trailer looks good. I hope it lives up to its promise.

We're all pulling for you Thor!
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    9 years and 17 movies in and you still haven't come to terms that movie continuity is different from comics continuity?
    Your avatar fits this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Trailer comes out.

Fans: "The CGI is meh"
    Other fans: "They'll fix that."

Is it just me or does the CGI always looks the same in the final release?

Anyhow...the trailer looks good. I hope it lives up to its promise.

We're all pulling for you Thor!
    It really depends on what shots they're using in the trailer. If that shot is unfinished, it will get more work (possibly between first and second trailers, sometimes between that and the film's release). If it's finished, it obviously stays the same.

And it's not just quality or color grading, sometimes shots go through entire design changes between the trailer and the final product.

This looks super fun. Look at all those colors! Just didn't like the song. I'm over the use of a popular song from X decade for a modern trailer. I actually didn't expect Idris to be back for some reason, but I'm freaking ecstatic. He immediately reminded me of Omar Sy's Bishop though lol.

I really like Thor. Hated the Dark World. I hope Ragnarok is as much as that trailer looks.

A really well done trailer.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member

Looks great.
    And Hulk being in the movie as well is cool.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

The first Thor film was legitimately good. It wasn't amazing, but it definitely had charm. It was about an arrogant man learning humility and gratitude, and realizing he was a better person for it. With super powers and lighting bolts. It contained one of my favorite singular moments in all of these super-films where Thor (not realizing that Loki has set him up and betrayed their family), sincerely apologizes to him for being a bad brother with tears in his eyes, and accepts his banishment. That's the moment where you realize that beneath all his brashness and bluster, Thor is a legitimately good person who can admit when he's wrong. It was a beautiful scene and it had a lot of heart.

The second Thor film was pointless and didn't deserve to exist. It's the Superman IV of the marvel universe.

Ragnorak has EVERYTHING it needs to succeed. A cast filled with A-listers, a demented sense of playful humor, crazy spectacle that seems to avoid the earth being in peril again, and a soundtrack that promises to go heavy on the Led Zeppelin. I haven't been this excited to see a movie (not just a superhero movie, but a movie movie in ages. I'm hyped.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Looks alright. I liked the first Thor but TDW was very dull. The Gladiator scenes look the most boring to me so far. More interested in the Ragnarok/Hela/ Asgard stuff than the gladatorial ones. The 80's vibe is a little jarring though. I hope it has its own style.

I've been watching this damn trailer all day, which is something I never do since I like to save everything for when I see the actual movie. All I really wanted from the movie was Hela's Kirby Antlers, and they were unveiled to us in the trailer in the most perfect way possible: with the intro to Immigrant Song playing with Hela's glorious headdress silhouetting some crazy moon. Add Sakaar Hulk, Thor's helmet, Skurge firing his guns & the neon text effects and I'm now 10000x more psyched for this than I was. Probably my favorite Marvel trailer yet.