Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Hela cant destroy the hammer.
    Different continuity altogether. Things work differently here than in the comics. Cap shouldn't be strong enough to outmuscle a helicopter with 2 tons of lifting power, Black Panther shouldn't be able to scratch the shield, none of the Avengers should be able to melt Ultron's hide, Hulk shouldn't be on the ropes from alien blasts, Drax should be making shockwaves with his punches but doesn't in the movie. And yet it all happens anyway. That's fine.

Even if there's some sort of rationale behind it like Black Panther using vibranium claws (which isn't explained in Civil War), then maybe we also owe Hela and the movie a chance to explain that, then.

Spectacular Member

A fantastic trailer!

Given the way Idris Elba's hair is and the that his scene flashed by quickly, I at first thought it was the actor that played Bishop in X-Men Days of Future Past!. I had to watch it again and freeze-frame it to really see it was Elba.

And the use of Led Zeppelin's"Immigrant Song" was superb. Great way to build up to the action as well as the song of course having lyrics relating to Norse mythology.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Karl Urban looks dead on as Skurge the Executioner. That bit with him looked straight out of a Walt Simonson issue of the comic.

Kate Blanchet look amazing as Hela.

I do kinda wish they had made the Grandmaster blue skinned though or at least a little less human looking. By the sound of it they are making him and the Collector actual brothers and not just fellow members of the Elders in the movies. I am just not a big fan of that idea but it is not a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Karl Urban looks dead on as Skurge the Executioner. That bit with him looked straight out of a Walt Simonson issue of the comic.
    Hell yeah. I tried to avoid as many spoilers as possible until at least the trailer, and so I completely forgot that both Urban and Skurge were in the movie. Once I saw them, complete with his iconic AK-47, I was absolutely beaming.

Ultimate Member

Queen Cate looks amazing (also THAT'S how you sell a villain as a total badass). Tessa Thompson looks great to, and Jeff Goldblum doing his Jeff Goldblum thing, not complaining.

And Led Zeppelin makes everything better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Hell yeah. I tried to avoid as many spoilers as possible until at least the trailer, and so I completely forgot that both Urban and Skurge were in the movie. Once I saw them, complete with his iconic AK-47, I was absolutely beaming.
    He was also probably the only major character they didn't cover in the Entertainment Weekly article for Ragnarok.

But yeah, seeing Skurge with that machinegun...the feels .

Still feels kind of weird that Amora isn't in this at all though.

Looks amazing, can't wait.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Amazing Member

Looks pretty good and those elements from Planet Hulk can't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I think he was dual-wielding M16s in the trailer, not AKs.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Whatever it is, the bigger picture is that the movie referenced this, which is pretty great:

Not too into the first two Thor movies but since I found out Taika was directing this, I've been sure I'm going to love it. This trailer is so far proving me right

No complaints. Pretty excited for this movie.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So thors hammer was desyroyed but hes still worthy so he should still have his asgardian strength and durability and be strong enough to actually fight hulk. Also hope Heimdall plays a bigger part despite Elbas hate for the role. Or.atleast he hated it during thor 2.
    The majority of the cast seem to hate Thor 2. If Elbas hated the role I doubt he will reprise it and would have tried to find a way out of his contract like Portman.

Ultimate Member

I'm pretty sure that people took Elba's comments out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    They're def. M16s