Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    9 years and 17 movies in and you still haven't come to terms that movie continuity is different from comics continuity?
    LOLOL!!! This damn near made me choke.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there's a chance Hela here will be on par with or slightly more powerful then Odin is in this movie.
    How? Where did she get all that power?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You know nothing about MCU Hela or the plot. There can be so many reasons she breaks it, that dont involve Odon being weak
    You have to outpower Odin to do this. Unless this is some sort of illusion. If this is an illusion and the hammer is fine hidden somewhere, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    9 years and 17 movies in and you still haven't come to terms that movie continuity is different from comics continuity?
    it's not about coming to terms, it's about pointing out the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    This the movie. We don't know what it means for anything yet except that she can break the hammer.
    Breaking the hammer has a lot of meaning. This isnt Wolverine's skeleton or Iron Man's armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Different continuity altogether. Things work differently here than in the comics. Cap shouldn't be strong enough to outmuscle a helicopter with 2 tons of lifting power, Black Panther shouldn't be able to scratch the shield, none of the Avengers should be able to melt Ultron's hide, Hulk shouldn't be on the ropes from alien blasts, Drax should be making shockwaves with his punches but doesn't in the movie. And yet it all happens anyway. That's fine.

Even if there's some sort of rationale behind it like Black Panther using vibranium claws (which isn't explained in Civil War), then maybe we also owe Hela and the movie a chance to explain that, then.
    Yeah, i know it's different im just pointing that out. This is a difference from the book. I pointed out that Cap is way stronger in the movie and i pointed at that scene with the helicopter that was super silly because that actually showed he has super powers on a big level.

I completely ignore GotG galaxy cause that movie was very clear that they did not care to follow anything of the comics with the movie. Other movies have tried to take some stories and brought them to screen even they change stuff around but Guardians is just a straight up use of the characters and setting and nothing else.

Ultimate Member

She's the goddess of death, and she was thought dangerous enough to be imprisoned for millennia. So it's not all that hard to buy that she's really powerful.

Also we don't know what state Odin is in at this point.

Thor's hammer might also,*GASP* not be broken. Could be an illusion. But her using the Hand of Death to break the hammer would be a quick way to up her threat factor. Plus, it gives them a reason to redesign Mjolnir.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that people took Elba's comments out of context.
    Yeah, I think he just hated a moment where he was stuck in wirework in his costume rather then the entire process of working on the Thor movies.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I'm loving the 70s/80s He-Man medieval fantasy vibe, even down to the trailer graphics.

I didn't like the first two Thor movies, but this is probably gonna be a great about-face. Cannot wait.

"We know each other! He's a friend from work!" -- classic Taika
    That's exactly it. I just went from 0-to-60 based on this trailer alone. It looks like a giddy 80's hair metal revival. This looks so crazy.

Also, Hela looks hyper-bad ass.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ultimate Member

You know, I really do hope that Hela is the MCU equivalent of Death. I totally buy the idea of a hulked out purple Josh Brolin seeking to kill everything that lives in order to prove his devotion to Goth Queen Cate Blanchett.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

You know, I really do hope that Hela is the MCU equivalent of Death. I totally buy the idea of a hulked out purple Josh Brolin seeking to kill everything that lives in order to prove his devotion to Goth Queen Cate Blanchett.
    Cate Blanchett is smoking hot. She's a talented and accomplished actress with more accolades and awards than I have skin cells, and as it turns out, she rocks that glammed out goth queen of doom look so hard.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    How? Where did she get all that power?

You have to outpower Odin to do this. Unless this is some sort of illusion. If this is an illusion and the hammer is fine hidden somewhere, ok.

it's not about coming to terms, it's about pointing out the changes.

Breaking the hammer has a lot of meaning. This isnt Wolverine's skeleton or Iron Man's armor.

Yeah, i know it's different im just pointing that out. This is a difference from the book. I pointed out that Cap is way stronger in the movie and i pointed at that scene with the helicopter that was super silly because that actually showed he has super powers on a big level.
    Let's also remember that we don't know Odin's fate right now all because Loki had usurped Odin's position and image at the end of The Dark World, which could have an impact on his power. Even if we stick to the comics, Thor's been able to function just fine even when Odin was incapacitated, sleeping, or dead. Let's wait for the movie to explain it.

I completely ignore GotG galaxy cause that movie was very clear that they did not care to follow anything of the comics with the movie.
    That's a pretty big exaggeration. Starlord had always been pretty cavalier, though obviously the movie pumped that up by 11. But his mask, the Celestials, the function of Xandar and the Nova Corps, Ronan as a team-level threat, the first modern-day incarnation of the team having Quill, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot (for that matter, "I am Groot!" to mean anything), Drax's tattoos, Knowhere, and even Cosmo -- those all came from the comics and implemented circa the Annihliation-era since the movie was based primarily on the modern Marvel cosmos constructed by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning.

I'd always thought of Hela as pretty silly, primarily because the vast majority of artists out there just couldn't get that headpiece right. Here, she is downright terrifying in a very ethereal sort of way.

One of my favorite Hela stories of all was in X-Factor, with all those low-scale and mostly street-level D-list characters in, like, jeans and trenchcoats. She was pretty good there, but now I'm imagining Cate Blanchett as Hela in the trailer, making an entire team of superheroic shlubs just outright piss their pants, just to show far out of their league they are.
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-10-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

This....looks.....so amazing!

Hela, the Valkyrie, Heimdall kicking butt, Thor vs the Hulk (aka Planet Hulk), Skurge's final stand (from Simonson's run). Good golly!!!!!

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Why can't she destroy the hammer?
    She's never been capable of doing it in the comics, but who cares? This looks fantastic!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

this is a adaptation. this is a new continuity. they can be inspired by the comics but not have to follow them to the letter. otherwise, people would be shitting on CW for not being exactly like the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Karl Urban looks dead on as Skurge the Executioner. That bit with him looked straight out of a Walt Simonson issue of the comic.
    It's taken directly from the comics. Thor #362

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Absolutely fabulous stuff that! I'm surprised that 'Immigrant Song' hadn't been used in a Thor trailer earlier to be honest. It's custom built for it.

I'm also gonna throw a shout out in support of the first two Thor movies. They were a lot better to me than both the critics and certain fans made them out to be. Including 'The Dark World'.

Love the Planet Hulk stuff. Looking forward to this.

Fantastic Member

Different continuity altogether. Things work differently here than in the comics. Cap shouldn't be strong enough to outmuscle a helicopter with 2 tons of lifting power, Black Panther shouldn't be able to scratch the shield, none of the Avengers should be able to melt Ultron's hide, Hulk shouldn't be on the ropes from alien blasts, Drax should be making shockwaves with his punches but doesn't in the movie. And yet it all happens anyway. That's fine.

Even if there's some sort of rationale behind it like Black Panther using vibranium claws (which isn't explained in Civil War), then maybe we also owe Hela and the movie a chance to explain that, then.
    With black panther, I assumed he was scratching the paint on the shield and not the shield itself.