Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    The Gladiator scenes look the most boring to me so far.
    What? All ten seconds of them?

Mighty Member

I was interested in this film primarily because I liked the idea of Blanchett playing a MCU villain. they're usually so under-developed and written in such a sketchy manner that you'd need somebody of her caliber to compensate for that.

and, wow, they got those insane antlers to look cool. looks like it could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Acecool View Post
    With black panther, I assumed he was scratching the paint on the shield and not the shield itself.
    Its black Panther though why wouldnt his claws be made of Vibranium? Pretty sure he scratched the shield not just the paint. It appeared to leave indentations.

Hela also seems to be fighting all of Asgard. Doesnt make Odin weak, just Hela got a serious buff for the MCU. Or there some plot.point that explains it all another way.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    It really depends on what shots they're using in the trailer. If that shot is unfinished, it will get more work (possibly between first and second trailers, sometimes between that and the film's release). If it's finished, it obviously stays the same.

And it's not just quality or color grading, sometimes shots go through entire design changes between the trailer and the final product.
    Hmmm. Okay, point taken. (Although I'm tempted to argue that those significant changes didn't make the CGI look any more realstic--just different.)
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

So blown away by just how amazing this teaser was. Wow.

Loved the use of Zeppelin, Hela looking sexy and threatening on top of her antler headpiece, Loki with his Agent of Asgard helmet, Thor looking cool as hell with his new costume and helmet and Hulk in his Plenty Hulk gear.

Everything looks and sounds so damn good. I am hyped.

So blown away by just how amazing this teaser was. Wow.

Loved the use of Zeppelin, Hela looking sexy and threatening on top of her antler headpiece, Loki with his Agent of Asgard helmet, Thor looking cool as hell with his new costume and helmet and Hulk in his Planet Hulk gear.

Everything looks and sounds so damn good. I am hyped.

Spectacular Member

Dont get me wrong the trailer was good but It felt like the movie tone they were selling us was an identity crisis. Starts out very thor then shifts to gaurdians then to 80's action like masters of the universe.

Just speculating:

What if someone like Hercules was one of the residents of Sakaar?

This would be the battle-loving Hercules who loves to "bestow the gift" -- he could see the contests as an enjoyable test of his fighting skills.

Ares as the god of war wouldn't mind getting into gladiator combat, for sure. I don't see him obeying the Grandmaster, however.

It would have been intriguing if the filmmakers decided to include Hercules, or Ares.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hagarwaen View Post
    I didn't really enjoy the last two Thor movies, and I also didn't enjoy What we do in the shadows. From the moment I found out Waititi was gonna direct this one I kinda accepted that this film won't be for me.
    The trailer just validated my belief.
    with all that said, I hope it'll be successful and have a positive reception.
    Couldn't put it better myself.

Although the actors are good - especially Hiddleston- they never managed to catch the heart and soul of the comics.

Too much humour, to be honest.

How I wish they'd made a movie version of Blood Brothers..........

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Couldn't put it better myself.

Although the actors are good - especially Hiddleston- they never managed to catch the heart and soul of the comics.

Too much humour, to be honest.

How I wish they'd made a movie version of Blood Brothers..........
    Looks like they are going to stop pretending its a different kind of MCU movie, and go with the shared universe/Avengers vibe here. Thats not a bad thing, considering its been a successful formula.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I hope That Hela isnt being manipulated by Loki and Thanos. We know Thanos saved Loki after thor 1 and other then a small scene they havent concluded that story line. Loki gonna have some role in Thanos plan other then the test run to.test the Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I hope That Hela isnt being manipulated by Loki and Thanos. We know Thanos saved Loki after thor 1 and other then a small scene they havent concluded that story line. Loki gonna have some role in Thanos plan other then the test run to.test the Avengers
    I'm sure Thanos is expecting Loki to give him the Space Stone that he has, and if he doesn't...well, it probably won't bold well for him .

If Loki is responsible for Hela and her taking Thor out, I expect it to come back and bite him in the butt. Hela is no man's pawn.

The teaser trailer was AWESOME I am actually looking forward to this more than I am for Guardian's 2. I literally laughed out loud at work yesterday during the part when Thor starts smiling and saying he knows Hulk from work ha.

observations

1)
    thor in chains. hela´s realm is usually misty&gloomy. fire creatures are lurking in the background. surtur connection?

2)
    crushing the hammer. where could this be? definitly not asgard. there are graffiti´s and wall patterns look scifi, so i guess thor meets her on an intergalactical quest.
    but could be earth... also note hela with open hair

3)
    asgard. 300 asgardians charge hela. now with antlers.
    asgard explodes. thor in flames, already with short hair? thor banished and hitting the surface. hyperquick cuts. spaceships, skaar?
    valkyries riding (?) pegasi, charging hela

4)
    weird movement by the aliens in front of the door while thor is being restraint

5)
    bloomberg+valkyerie digging the balotelli-kineso tape style. thor being taken away by fuzzy nerfherders

6)
    heimdall sword fights someone at exotic jungle enviroment.
    final third space ship flying at mount hel(en)a

my personal biggest question: classic skurge final stand with dueal us-stormrifles. but nothing else hints towards earth involvment.
    classic thor story had the asgardians helping new york and they gave them a bunch of army gear at the end of the story. we´ll see

7)
    asgard civil war? loki, hero of the people fighting on a bridge?
    but dude, what is wrong with your face?

8)
    green goblin gas attacks the colosseum?

9)
    love the production design. from thor´s battle gear to this kirby overkill:

well, the sofa doesn´t quite fit in. mail them guys how a kirby sofa looks like!
    Last edited by abulafia; 04-11-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Hela cant destroy the hammer.

And apparently Valk is a slave working for the Grandmaster?

Looks like Odin sent the Valkyries to attack Hela, they lost, and she sold them to the Grandmaster? Or is working with him.
    1) Comics!Hela can't, Movie!Hela can.

2) Interviews have described Valkyrie as having a "business relationship" with the Grandmaster while she "hide out" on Sakaar.

3) Sakaar has a been described as the planet where the universe's garbage washes up - if you get lost traveling in space, you're likely to end up there. So I think it's more like "sent in to battle with Hela, ass handed to them, Brunnhilde flees in shame at the defeat, ends up on Sakaar".