Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So it's just speculation at this point?
    Yes and no. It is known that this movie will reveal the last stone. That makes it highly likely it's hidden in Asgard or entrusted to an Asgardian. It is known that the other stones were hidden in things that spell Thanos' name (Tesseract, ?, Aether, Necklace, Orb, Scepter). It has been speculated that Heimdal has the soul stone because of a line he had once about being able to see souls, but that never seemed very likely to me. The only other Asgard-themed H word would appear to be Hammer. Makes a large degree of sense given the hammer's power to be lifted by only those deemed worthy, as a result of Odin's enchantment in the first film. It would appear Odin had some ability to influence the behavior of the hammer based on the worthiness of a man's soul, influence that was likely achieved by some degree of control over the soul stone.

That seems pretty logical. Plus if Hela is going to go after any infinity stone, it would be the soul stone.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

So I am wondering if this truly will be Loki's last MCU appearance. If it is, I hope it's a really good arch for the character and I WOULD NOT be okay with a recast if the did continue without Hiddleston.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    So I am wondering if this truly will be Loki's last MCU appearance. If it is, I hope it's a really good arch for the character and I WOULD NOT be okay with a recast if the did continue without Hiddleston.
    I would expect Loki to have a considerable role in Infinity War. After that, I expect Thor, Loki, Captain America and Iron Man, at least, to leave permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I would expect Loki to have a considerable role in Infinity War. After that, I expect Thor, Loki, Captain America and Iron Man, at least, to leave permanently.
    It would make sense to have Loki have a small role or at the very least a cameo in Infinity War. I know Marvel has been keeping things under wraps and there is still time for Tom to film scenes for the film, but there has been no news on that front since the cast list has been announced for Infinity War and Tom Hiddleston's name is not on it .

BANNED

It would make sense to have Loki have a small role or at the very least a cameo in Infinity War. I know Marvel has been keeping things under wraps and there is still time for Tom to film scenes for the film, but there has been no news on that front since the cast list has been announced for Infinity War and Tom Hiddleston's name is not on it .
    Hmm...omitting Hiddleston while including Sebastian Stan and Michael Rooker seems...ill advised. As I recall, he signed for five Marvel movies. Has he been in more than three Thor films and Avengers 1?

Yes and no. It is known that this movie will reveal the last stone. That makes it highly likely it's hidden in Asgard or entrusted to an Asgardian. It is known that the other stones were hidden in things that spell Thanos' name (Tesseract, ?, Aether, Necklace, Orb, Scepter). It has been speculated that Heimdal has the soul stone because of a line he had once about being able to see souls, but that never seemed very likely to me. The only other Asgard-themed H word would appear to be Hammer. Makes a large degree of sense given the hammer's power to be lifted by only those deemed worthy, as a result of Odin's enchantment in the first film. It would appear Odin had some ability to influence the behavior of the hammer based on the worthiness of a man's soul, influence that was likely achieved by some degree of control over the soul stone.
    I never knew that, the bolded. Wow. And that would be a neat twist that Thor had the soul stone in his hammer the whole time.

Mjolnir starts with a M though ... and the Eye of Agamotto can be either an E or an A. If that theory flips between common names and proper names, seems very inconsistent.

I'm sad to hear that the final stone is in this film as it means we're not getting Adam Warlock. Bummer.

So Hammer, Heimdall, or Hela? Any other H's left? Hovud is the name of Heimdall's sword BTW.

Time for ... FEMALE LOKI!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Mjolnir starts with a M though ... and the Eye of Agamotto can be either an E or an A. If that theory flips between common names and proper names, seems very inconsistent.

I'm sad to hear that the final stone is in this film as it means we're not getting Adam Warlock. Bummer.
    Eye of Agamotto is the stone though. The list is of things that held the stones (Aether is an obvious exception, but it had no real container). I do agree though that "necklace" seems a bit of a stretch and that "amulet" could just as easily be used. However, I think that when it's all put together it's too much to expect the spelling to be a coincidence.

I too would have preferred the final stone and Adam Warlock to appear in GotG 2, but Warlock is much too somber of a character to fit well in that movie sub-franchise.

Time for ... FEMALE LOKI!
    Yep. Or de-aged Loki.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I too would have preferred the final stone and Adam Warlock to appear in GotG 2, but Warlock is much too somber of a character to fit well in that movie sub-franchise.
    I feel like, if done properly, it could be mined for comedy gold, since it would be two opposites matching each other's intensity. Almost as if Debbie Downer in those SNL sketches had a counterpart who was diametrically upbeat and positive.

Eye of Agamotto is the stone though. The list is of things that held the stones (Aether is an obvious exception, but it had no real container). I do agree though that "necklace" seems a bit of a stretch and that "amulet" could just as easily be used. However, I think that when it's all put together it's too much to expect the spelling to be a coincidence.
    I'm going for Hovud then, Heimdall's sword. Making it Mjolnir would depower another cool relic (the Eye being the other).

He'd be a good straight man for the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I feel like, if done properly, it could be mined for comedy gold, since it would be two opposites matching each other's intensity. Almost as if Debbie Downer in those SNL sketches had a counterpart who was diametrically upbeat and positive.
    Exactly!

Like so:
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

I'm going for Hovud then, Heimdall's sword. Making it Mjolnir would depower another cool relic (the Eye being the other).
    Reminder that the Eye never had any other power than manipulation of time in the MCU. Also, a soul stone in the hammer would make it significantly more powerful than was ever suggested in any of the previous movies.

Which is why I'm really curious to see how they handle him in the cartoons and what kind of rapport he'll have with the team.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

The whole Infinity Stone locations spelling Thanos name is such a laughable reach to me.

Trailer has me curious to the film, and I mean they can only go up from the Dark World, right?

No Darcy, No Jane? No Selwig tho? Count me in on those points alone.