Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I'll be so pissed if they kill Hela in this film.
    A theory I've seen multiple times online is that Hela will take the place of Mistress Death as the object of Thanos' affection in Avengers: Infinity War. In a possible case of brand synergy, Thanos and Hela entered into a relationship in the last issue of The Unworthy Thor. Regardless of that, I'd say the chances of Hela sticking around are high, because I feel like Cate Blanchett wouldn't accept a one-off villain role; Marvel would have offered an actress of her caliber something that demanded she have a significant multi-picture presence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    A theory I've seen multiple times online is that Hela will take the place of Mistress Death as the object of Thanos' affection in Avengers: Infinity War. In a possible case of brand synergy, Thanos and Hela entered into a relationship in the last issue of The Unworthy Thor. Regardless of that, I'd say the chances of Hela sticking around are high, because I feel like Cate Blanchett wouldn't accept a one-off villain role; Marvel would have offered an actress of her caliber something that demanded she have a significant multi-picture presence.
    Yes, we'll see Hela in Avengers: Infinity and beyond. I feel that in the comics Thanos will make Hela the new Mistress Death. The universe has been recreated by the cosmic hierarchy has not yet been established. So Hela will take on the place of Death in the films and in the comics. It's more interesting to have Hela, who speaks and has a physical presence, as opposed to a robed skeleton who only speaks through another skeleton.

Spectacular Member Fearless Heart's Avatar

This is definitely my most anticipated film of the year!

Didn't expect to enjoy it this much. Can't wait for it now.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

That trailer looks awesome. I love Thor's reaction to seeing the Hulk, "I know him from work!" XD

I can't wait for the movie.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Loved the Trailer. It sure looks like this will be the first really good Thor Movie since the first two were kinda the "odd cousines from the country" as far as the MCU Movie/Family go. Enjoyable but lacking.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Loved the Trailer. It sure looks like this will be the first really good Thor Movie since the first two were kinda the "odd cousines from the country" as far as the MCU Movie/Family go. Enjoyable but lacking.
    "Cousins" or "cuisines"?

Am I the only person that isn't looking forward to Blanchett as Hela? I really don't want to see her reprieve her Galadriel performance, that was so uninspired, and I am not remembering a performance of hers I actually enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Am I the only person that isn't looking forward to Blanchett as Hela? I really don't want to see her reprieve her Galadriel performance, that was so uninspired, and I am not remembering a performance of hers I actually enjoyed.
    I haven't watched Lord of the Rings in years so her Galadriel performance isn't fresh in my memory, but she does look great as Hela so I'm cool .

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    "Cousins" or "cuisines"?
    Always had problems with that word.

Well, guess
    I enjoyed her performance as Galadrial a lot and I am looking forward to her as Hela too.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Ultimate Member

Also I kind of hope that they combine Hela with Mistress Death in the MCU. Because not only would it give us more of Cate Blanchett, but I could totally see Thanos trying to kill every living thing in the universe in order to prove his love/devotion to Goth Queen Cate.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Very excited to see this! It definitely looks better than the first two Thor films. I see a lot more personality from Thor here. Plus the new characters like The Grandmater, Valkyrie, The Executioner (shout out to him rocking the double guns!), and especially Hela appear to make this a great film. Oh yeah, LOVE the Hulk in his Planet Hulk gear!
    Grandmater? What a power! Just make sure you use protection!

'Thor: Ragnarok' Trailer Is Marvel and Disney's Most Watched Ever in 24 Hours
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...4-hours-992978

Let that sink in for a second there: more views than ANY Marvel and Disney films in 24 hours. More views than Civil War. More views than The Force Awakens. More views than Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2. More views than Spider-Man: Homecoming.

This is INDEED the best Marvel trailer ever. BRILLIANT JOB, Marvel Studios.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    'Thor: Ragnarok' Trailer Is Marvel and Disney's Most Watched Ever in 24 Hours
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...4-hours-992978

Let that sink in for a second there: more views than ANY Marvel and Disney films in 24 hours. More views than Civil War. More views than The Force Awakens. More views than Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2. More views than Spider-Man: Homecoming.

This is INDEED the best Marvel trailer ever. BRILLIANT JOB, Marvel Studios.
    Probably because it has a prominent laugh-out-loud joke in it that anyone that has watched the most popular superhero movie of all time can appreciate. I am on the fence about whether I like this trailer, but even I would happily show it to somebody to watch their reaction. My first reaction is this movie could be messy, and unfocused, but I thought that about GotG and made the mistake of not seeing it in the cinema and have regretted it ever since. Will probably make the effort to watch this one, so the trailer is doing its job.

Probably because it has a prominent laugh-out-loud joke in it that anyone that has watched the most popular superhero movie of all time can appreciate. I am on the fence about whether I like this trailer, but even I would happily show it to somebody to watch their reaction. My first reaction is this movie could be messy, and unfocused, but I thought that about GotG and made the mistake of not seeing it in the cinema and have regretted it ever since. Will probably make the effort to watch this one, so the trailer is doing its job.
    The way I see it, that's not what this is at all. Regardless what your personal anedoctal perceptions are, the data that I'm seeing here (not just viewings, but overall buzz via likes, comments and etc.) that people REALLY liked this trailer. I've been following box office very, very closely for more than ten years now. If Marvel Studios play their cards right, this could do what would like impossible before: getting even bigger than GotG Vol. 2 and Spider-Man: Homecoming. Don't get me wrong, we are talking two of the biggest movies of the year here, but Ragnarok is starting to look like it could be an unlikely box office king of the superhero films this year. And it pleases me very much. Love the trailer to death, love that people are digging this and knowing Taika's work, I'm confident he will deliver.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X