Page 1 of 66 123451151 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default International Wrestling

NJPW, NOAH, AJPW, CMLL, AAA and any other fans of other international companies are welcomed!

Fantastic Member

NJPW iPPV tomorrow! Dontaku 2014!

. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov
    2. Special Tag Match: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka vs. Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin
    3. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
    4. Special Elimination Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga
    5. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Wes Brisco
    6. Wrestling vs. Jiu-jitsu MMA Fight: Shinsuke Nakamura & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Daniel Gracie & Rolles Gracie
    7. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. AJ Styles

Astonishing Member

Meh, just give AJ the belt and let Tanahasi win it back down the road, i miss him as champ.

I've been reading on the puro yottsume sites that KENTA is leaving for full-time NJPW, not WWE.

Beastie's Video of the Day:

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I've been reading on the puro yottsume sites that KENTA is leaving for full-time NJPW, not WWE.
    Where did you see this? WWE isn't even flat out saying he isn't going to WWE so I still think he is WWE bound. From what I read he will be joining them during WWE's July tour in Japan. Also you need to think Visa's take a while so he might be sitting out for a while or doing some freelance work.
    Last edited by marvell2k; 05-02-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2k View Post
    Where did you see this? WWE isn't even flat out saying he isn't going to WWE so I still think he is WWE bound. From what I read he will be joining them during WWE's July tour in Japan. Also you need to think Visa's take a while so he might be sitting out for a while or doing some freelance work.
    He has had a VISA for awhile already. Plus, WWE has been super fast about getting foreign talents through the system to get them working faster.

http://openthepurogate.wordpress.com...nt-wwe-rumors/

Some new updates on some recent steam-gaining puro to WWE rumors:
    KENTA continues to be at the WWE Performance Center for a tryout. While he has not signed or been offered a WWE contract yet, some Japanese media report NOAH may be preparing as he’s gone, meaning a farewell event/match possibly in June. NOAH has never mentioned anything about this and he is still listed for upcoming events including Monday. As mentioned before, former WWE superstar and very respected veteran William Regal was reportedly behind KENTA being brought in. Keep in mind should a deal go through that, by WWE standards, KENTA is really small at about 180 pounds so he may not be used like he is in NOAH.

There are reports that Prince Devitt has been offered a WWE deal and is now deciding whether or not to accept it or stay with New Japan. His current NJPW contract has expired. Word is the decision may come down to whether or not Devitt wants to relocate from his native Ireland to the US (which he would have to do with WWE). WWE has had interest in him since Regal provided WWE Executive VP, Talent Relations Paul Levesque (Triple H) with a tape of the Devitt-Pac match from New Japan a couple years ago. This lef to WWE signing Pac, who now competes as Adrian Neville in NXT.

More as it becomes available.

UPDATE: KENTA reportedly will make an announcement about his career Monday in Japan. That coincides with the next NOAH event. More about that after it goes down.

UPDATE 2: According to a post presumably translated from Japanese to English, KENTA says he is not signing with WWE. It was just for “WWE training/workout” but not trying to get a contract. More or less just to have the experience of what it’s like being in WWE and the training that comes with it. So for now it sounds like he’ll be staying in NOAH.

UPDATE 3: SportsNavi reports KENTA made an appearance at Ikegami Temple in Tokyo today (where Rikidozan is said to be buried) before the NOAH event today and confirmed that he is not going to WWE and is staying with NOAH. The event was attended by several wrestlers including KENTA’s mentor, Kenta Kobashi, and Keiji Muto among other sports stars and drew a reported crowd of 13,000.

UPDATE 4: Devitt reportedly has a WWE offer on the table. A decision on whether or not to accept it is expected by the end of the month.

UPDATE 5: While not definite, the latest rumor is that Devitt is leaning towards staying in New Japan over going to WWE.

UPDATE 6: The matter may be settled once and for all this weekend-reports are there is a Devitt-Ryusuke Taguchi Loser Leaves Town match this weekend. WWE has extended a standing offer to Devitt so if he loses, it’s safe to say he may be WWE-bound.

UPDATE 7: I have not been able to verify rumors that Sunday’s Devitt-Taguchi match was a Loser Leaves Town match (it was billed as a last grudge match between the two and ending the rivalry. Devitt lost). Devitt, as of today (4/9), still has not signed with WWE. If he doesn’t sign anywhere in the coming weeks word is TNA may try to sign him. He is not on either of New Japan’s events this weekend (both are in Taiwan). We should know more next week as the next tour gets closer.

UPDATE 8: The latest rumors are as follows:
    Devitt is done with New Japan. The standing offer from WWE remains as it has for some time now. For those curious, Devitt recently has been working events for various promotions in England & his native Ireland. According to pics on his official Facebook he also has been experimenting with different looks and face/body paint schemes that appear to be based on/inspired by comic book characters.
    KENTA is still believed to be WWE-bound but it’s not definite yet and nothing will be annoucned until he finishes up with NOAH. That’s expected to be after the promotion’s 5/17 event but could also be as soon as tomorrow.
    That's the latest which is now different from what I said, haha!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-02-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2k View Post
    NJPW iPPV tomorrow! Dontaku 2014!

. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov
    2. Special Tag Match: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka vs. Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin
    3. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
    4. Special Elimination Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga
    5. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Wes Brisco
    6. Wrestling vs. Jiu-jitsu MMA Fight: Shinsuke Nakamura & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Daniel Gracie & Rolles Gracie
    7. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. AJ Styles
    so is anybody watching??

iishi vs honma was fukn awesome, bullet club vs tanahashi/makabe/nagata/liger was fun. i didn't watch the rest too closely but all seemed at least decent.

don't want to spoil so i will wait to further comment.

(Lbo answered my question in the other thread.)
    Last edited by Jadis; 05-03-2014 at 06:31 AM.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Mighty Member
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Meh, just give AJ the belt and let Tanahasi win it back down the road, i miss him as champ.

spoilers:
    Well looks like someone agrees with you
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    spoilers:
    Well looks like someone agrees with you
    end of spoilers
    is that you genki??

alex knew AJ was going to win all along, even when we tried to tell him that if NJPW was going to put the title on a white guy it wouldn't be AJ fukn styles.

also, russo must be the most powerful consultant in the history of consultants, he even booked AJ stles to win the IWGP title via the swerve and non-clean finish in NJPW.

so it looks like the IWGP title match in RoH will be michael elgin vs AJ styles LOL.

Mighty Member

Bullet Club video shot and cut by Fale.

It gets awesome round 3:15
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

so did anybody else see ishii vs honma?? that diving headbutt from the top rope to the floor on the outside was fukn nuts. honma's badass and i can see why people have gotten into isshii over the past year or so.