Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    In the comics isn't Brunnhilde in like her third body now? Or am I getting something confused?
    I think so but she's still cuacuasian and blonde much like she's always been portrayed in the comics at least her most recent post secret wars appearance is in hellcat like I said in a previous comment she appeared a few times in the early issues as a recurring guest character along with she hulk.

Valkryie not only Burnhilde.

marvel could create new character based on Tesa
    Ayo Joni kita pantau para Fanatik di forum ini

Is Patsy Walker even in continuity? Besides, I don't see how changing a character skin color is disrespectful. Why? Being blonde and white ISN'T integral to either Brunnhilde or Heimdall. We are not talking Nordic mythology but Marvel Nordic mythology. If Marvel and Aaron decide to bring back a solo Thor comic and have the characters look more diverse AND more like the films, more power to them. I want to read Jane Thor's run, I just haven't found time yet, but I trust Aaron to make something like that and make sense. It'd be basically a cosmetic change and I wouldn't be bothered at all. Besides, new fans would easily recognize her.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    Is Patsy Walker even in continuity? Besides, I don't see how changing a character skin color is disrespectful. Why? Being blonde and white ISN'T integral to either Brunnhilde or Heimdall. We are not talking Nordic mythology but Marvel Nordic mythology. If Marvel and Aaron decide to bring back a solo Thor comic and have the characters look more diverse AND more like the films, more power to them. I want to read Jane Thor's run, I just haven't found time yet, but I trust Aaron to make something like that and make sense. It'd be basically a cosmetic change and I wouldn't be bothered at all. Besides, new fans would easily recognize her.
    Yeah it is canon.

And I would prefer they not change her race when like I said she's actually appeared post secret wars as a recurring guest character in the earlier issues of hellcat and she's clearly Caucasian and blonde and no we don't need to change her race in the comics for synergy we have a enough of that as it is.

I give the mcu credit for trying to diversify the character of Valkyrie in the films to be a different version but come on we don't need to change her race in the comics just because.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 04-11-2017 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I think so but she's still cuacuasian and blonde much like she's always been portrayed in the comics at least her most recent post secret wars appearance is in hellcat like I said in a previous comment she appeared a few times in the early issues as a recurring guest character along with she hulk.
    Who even reads Hellcat. :P

Make the Lobo imposter explanation and make the more recognizable version of the character to the mainstream: aka make Brunnhilde look like Tessa. And do the same with Heimdall while you are at it.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

I've missed this bit of your post and this is an amazing call. Has Heimdall been spotted too? Because that would be the perfect opportunity to change him as well. Anyone knows?
    Why are you calling for her race to be changed. If this was a minority character everyone would be in uproar if the same was suggested. There isn't any difference between one race change and the other. And diversity isn't the issue. If it's a problem for the Ancient One to be race changed then everyone of them should be also. I would like thing to be as close to the source material as possible. I assume Tessa Thompson did a fantastic job and beat out the competition. Thus becoming Valkyrie. Changing the comic is unnecessary and it shouldn't happen.

Yeah it is canon.
    Hellcat shouldn't count as a Valkyrie appperance anyway, with all due respect for the creators and the readers, it's meaningless when you think that regardless what some online vocal dudes might say, if Tessa is Brunnhilde she is automatically the most known version of the character, and I'd welcome the change.
    Pull list:

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Why are you calling for her race to be changed. If this was a minority character everyone would be in uproar if the same was suggested. There isn't any difference between one race change and the other. And diversity isn't the issue. If it's a problem for the Ancient One to be race changed then everyone of them should be also. I would like thing to be as close to the source material as possible. I assume Tessa Thompson did a fantastic job and beat out the competition. Thus becoming Valkyrie. Changing the comic is unnecessary and it shouldn't happen.
    Because it's meaningless to who the character is and it's good for the brand that more diverse characters show up, especially when they become the most well known version of the character.
    Pull list:

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Hellcat shouldn't count as a Valkyrie appperance anyway, with all due respect for the creators and the readers, it's meaningless when you think that regardless what some online vocal dudes might say, if Tessa is Brunnhilde she is automatically the most known version of the character, and I'd welcome the change.
    Most known version of the Character, because of what actually?, a recent trailer from a movie coming on November of this year? this just donīt mean anything.

I respectively disagree I don't think regardless of how her potrayal is received that somehow warrants forcing a change on a character.

For example I'll take comic Tony stark over Robert Downey Jr.'s potrayal of Tony stark Any day of the week seriously.

Because it's meaningless to who the character is and it's good for the brand that more diverse characters show up, especially when they become the most well known version of the character.
    Wait a minute...it's meaningless that a being once worshiped as a god by blonde haired, blue eyed, Vikings is now black in the MCU? Come now.

Oh, and if Strange ever meets another Ancient One, she should be a woman too. I think it's important to have synergy between the movies and comics, especially in case of obscure characters brought to the limelight, like Valkyrie. At first I didn't like Elektra's new costume in the comics, but I now I really like it. I'm sure that Brunnhilde changing would be nothing more than that, an aesthetic change and one that would very much work. Great topic and great call by the op btw, hopefully it happens.
    Pull list:

Quote Originally Posted by KingsLeadHat View Post
    Wait a minute...it's meaningless that a being once worshiped as a god by blonde haired, blue eyed, Vikings is now black in the MCU? Come now.
    Yes because if we were going to demand fidelity to the mythology NONE OF THEM would look like they do in the comics. It makes sense that she is black because this is fiction. It's Marvel Nordic version of the mythology, and I'd love to see the change happening. Hopefully Marvel has the change already planned at this point. When I think of Heimdall, I don't think about a white dude and I don't think there's literal any problem with that.
    Pull list:

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Oh, and if Strange ever meets another Ancient One, she should be a woman too. I think it's important to have synergy between the movies and comics, especially in case of obscure characters brought to the limelight, like Valkyrie. At first I didn't like Elektra's new costume in the comics, but I now I really like it. I'm sure that Brunnhilde changing would be nothing more than that, an aesthetic change and one that would very much work. Great topic and great call by the op btw, hopefully it happens.
    Iīm really wondering if you are talking seriously or not. I respect your opinion and your wishes but MCU is not the Comics, MCU exists because of the comics, without them, it is just nothing.

Your opinions and wishes are not mine, respect the wishes and opinions of other people if they donīt want what you wants.

I respectively disagree I don't think regardless of how her potrayal is received that somehow warrants forcing a change on a character.

For example I'll take comic Tony stark over Robert Downey Jr.'s potrayal of Tony stark Any day of the week seriously.
    You're out of luck because since Tony Stark became Tony Stark, I mean since RDJ started playing him, it's noticeable how much every single writer tries to emulate his voice, to varying degrees of success. Superman's portrays, demeanor and likeness was changed by Christopher Reeve's performance. We can see that until this very day. It was only fair that the same happened with Iron Man, and the same goes for Tessa's Brunnhilde.
    Pull list: