Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Lorelei's a rapist and shouldn't be a romantic partner for anyone. But then again, if this Valkryie is as cool with enslaving and selling people as her movie counterpart maybe they'd get along.
    Lorelei in comics actually is not the same woman that seduced Thor and Loki in the past, her magical power possibly remains hidden but now she is a warrior and heroine of Asgard, she is in a love/friendship relationship with Sigurd and is like a mixture between Black Cat and Black Widow in the Asgardian style, she does not even look like the Lorelei of TV's Agents of SHIELD. The only thing that remains recognizable on her is the fact she hates her older sister. (Read Loki: Agent of Asgard book and you will see that)

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Lorelei in comics actually is not the same woman that seduced Thor and Loki in the past, her magical power possibly remains hidden but now she is a warrior and heroine of Asgard, she is in a love/friendship relationship with Sigurd and is like a mixture between Black Cat and Black Widow in the Asgardian style, she does not even look like the Lorelei of TV's Agents of SHIELD. The only thing that remains recognizable on her is the fact she hates her older sister. (Read Loki: Agent of Asgard book and you will see that)
    She didn't "seduce" Thor, she raped him using a magical roofie in Simonson's run on Thor where she was introduced. Also Loki: AoA #2 explicitly states she is the same Lorelei from before and just because Ewing tried to sweep it under the rug doesn't retcon her rapist past.

Love that Valkyrie is coming to Marvel Comics, but I hope that she gets to become the main one, and not the "Exiles" one.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    She didn't "seduce" Thor, she raped him using a magical roofie in Simonson's run on Thor where she was introduced. Also Loki: AoA #2 explicitly states she is the same Lorelei from before and just because Ewing tried to sweep it under the rug doesn't retcon her rapist past.
    Yeah, but that would leave a lot of characters exactly in the same situation as their first appearances if we follow that logic.

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    Love that Valkyrie is coming to Marvel Comics, but I hope that she gets to become the main one, and not the "Exiles" one.
    Hope not, Valkyries is not the name of a sole one, they are few and all of them are able to co-exist.

Ultimate Member

Is Lorelei even bi?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Is Lorelei even bi?
    She don't seem to have any problem with Loki being one, I think Al Ewing's portrayal of Lorelei is more tolerant toward these things.

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    Me too! And we're overdue for more Valkyrie

Ultimate Member

I really want 616 Valkyrie and Tessa Thompson-Valkyrie to meet as well. Heck have the two hook up (since Brunhilde has been implied to be bisexual as well) potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I really want 616 Valkyrie and Tessa Thompson-Valkyrie to meet as well. Heck have the two hook up (since Brunhilde has been implied to be bisexual as well) potentially.
    Doesn't that technically count as a form of masturbation?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Doesn't that technically count as a form of masturbation?
    Quite the opposite. Thor Ragnarok even has a scene with a blonde white Valkyrie who was implied to be the "standard" Valkyrie as opposed to Tessa's and that was almost definitely her girlfriend. So if anything this might be the most easily assumed pairing for her.

Aside from perhaps Hulk since Tessa's Valkyrie seems at least somewhat inspired/took roles of Caiera from Planet Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Quite the opposite. Thor Ragnarok even has a scene with a blonde white Valkyrie who was implied to be the "standard" Valkyrie as opposed to Tessa's and that was almost definitely her girlfriend. So if anything this might be the most easily assumed pairing for her.

Aside from perhaps Hulk since Tessa's Valkyrie seems at least somewhat inspired/took roles of Caiera from Planet Hulk.
    Isn't Tessa's Valkyrie called Brunnhilde as well?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Isn't Tessa's Valkyrie called Brunnhilde as well?
    Arguably not. The film certainly doesn't do anything to connect the two aside from codename. Her actual name isn't ever hinted at in the film and the other Valkyrie (who's seemingly Brunnhilde) almost outright means she isn't.

In fact the only place Tessa's has ever used the name is in some of the other media spinning out of it IE Avengers Academy and that's most likely the different creative groups just rushing products out. I think similar to some Star Wars media accidentally calling Rey, Rey Skywalker then changing it when folks questioned it, sicne well, she isn't (so far).

Granted given what the story seemed to be in Thor Ragnarok IE that Brunnhilde died protecting Tessa!Val you could always say Tessa's took her girlfriends name to honor her or similar like I mentioned a bit back if Marvel somehow had their heart set on calling her that as well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

Tessa herself has even said that she viewed that Valkyrie as being her lover (and played it as such when the latter died). She's very much embraced the idea that Valkyrie is bisexual (she even brought it up in an interview prior to the film's release).

I'm sorry but WTF, yes you can have a black Valkyrie no problem with that just don't make her Brunnhilde heck go as far as have both in the limelight why not have them colead a Valkyrior book. As for Heimdall as much as I like Idris Elba and I do I just think that it would need to be done carefully because of his relationship with Sif.
    Truth is the best policy