View Poll Results: Should Marvel Redesign the X-Men Gold Costumes after the Syaf Controversy?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

96 59.26%
  • No

56 34.57%
  • I'm not sure.

10 6.17%
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default ATTN: The X-Men Gold Costumes MUST be Replaced

as many of you by now know, x-men gold artist ardian syaf, has been terminated "effective immediately" from marvel comics for inserting hidden anti-jewish, anti-christian hate messages into the first issue of x-men gold #1.

while that was a fine decision on marvel's part, it was simply not enough. from today's x-position, marc guggenheim revealed ken lashley's art from a preview of x-men gold #7.

the problem here is that the x-men are all wearing the ardian syaf costumes from that first issue. this must be addressed and changed immediately by marvel creative.

these costumes are now tainted with those regrettable decisions, and kitty pryde has been specifically damaged by these actions. any visual reminder of those choices must be addressed in addition to personnel disciplinary actions.

we cannot let these designs to continue knowing they have been crafted by a man who so thoroughly disrespected his employers, the marvel audience, kitty pryde, and even the long and great legacy of the x-men themselves.

please marvel, do the right thing and re-design these costumes. we must move on wholly and completely from this controversy and this mockery of diversity that was snuck into your comic books.

Eh... They should be changed because they're not good. Not because of the controversy.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

On the bright side, Prestige looks awful, and Old Man Logan needs to wear something that fit the premise and look of the book - especially if he's going to be in four(!) books. I know X-23 is masquerading in the blue-and-golds, so why isn't he in the brown-and-tans? Anyway, maybe we'll get some upgrades when a new lead artist on the series takes a crack at the costumes.

The others are just OK.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Eh... They should be changed because they're not good. Not because of the controversy.
    Seconded.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    On the bright side, Prestige looks awful.
    Ha ha ha. That made my day.

not only has this controversy tainted the costumes, but how can we look at kitty the same again?

this artist sheared all of her long hair off before putting low-key hate speech all around her. how can we be certain that this did not itself have dark connotations when the artist made this choice?

My sentiments exactly!

Eh,
    I didn't like Kitty's outfit before 'the controversy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    On the bright side, Prestige looks awful, and Old Man Logan needs to wear something that fit the premise and look of the book - especially if he's going to be in four(!) books. I know X-23 is masquerading in the blue-and-golds, so why isn't he in the brown-and-tans? Anyway, maybe we'll get some upgrades when a new lead artist on the series takes a crack at the costumes.

The others are just OK.
    Agreed.

Yes, but mostly because they're not that great (Storm, Colossus, and Kitty are particularly bad).

Yes, but I'd wait til Secret Empire is over to make the changes, after all the book just started.

The cover is awesome!

I like Storm's duds.

Yes. More because they're awful than for the whole Syaf thing, but I guess the controversy can be used as an excuse. We should ask whoever gets assigned as the main artist.

Yeah this.

Yes! Yes! They must be replaced because they were designed by that horrible Syaf! I lost extended family in the Holocaust, so I am allowed to be outraged about costumes drawn by an anti-Semite.

I just greatly dislike Rachel's stupid mask, so if being outraged helps get rid of it, I'll be outraged!