View Poll Results: Should Marvel Redesign the X-Men Gold Costumes after the Syaf Controversy?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

96 59.26%
  • No

56 34.57%
  • I'm not sure.

10 6.17%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Can't find the x-position
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Can't find the x-position
    http://www.cbr.com/x-position-marc-g...im-x-men-gold/

As others have said previously yes have to change because they are bad and not because of the artist and the whole controversy.

Even before this confusion with the artist many fans were already complaining about the uniforms for being very retro.

As much like classics, it's not the 80's or 90's anymore.

Could say the same about Prestige.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Eh... They should be changed because they're not good. Not because of the controversy.
    This.

I get that they were going for nostalgia fueled call backs for most of them, but there's a way to reference the past without the costumes feeling dated. It's like they forgot they have Anka, Wada, and occasionally Mckelvie available for costume designs.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Yes! Yes! They must be replaced because they were designed by that horrible Syaf! I lost extended family in the Holocaust, so I am allowed to be outraged about costumes drawn by an anti-Semite.

I just greatly dislike Rachel's stupid mask, so if being outraged helps get rid of it, I'll be outraged!
    Exactly. If you don't like the costumes, just pretend you're super offended and can't even look at them without thinking about hate messages. Marvel is more likely to change it because of that than for people just thinking it's bad.

Imo just Kitty, Rachel and Colossus really need it anyway, though giving Storm's pants would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Exactly. If you don't like the costumes, just pretend you're super offended and can't even look at them without thinking about hate messages. Marvel is more likely to change it because of that than for people just thinking it's bad.

Imo just Kitty, Rachel and Colossus really need it anyway, though giving Storm's pants would be nice too.
    we cannot allow kitty to continuously dress in garb fashioned for her by someone who tried to sabotage her. it's insulting to all involved for a variety of reasons.

Yeah, perhaps what should've happened is, Colossus and Nightcrawler should've kept their Extraordinary designs. Storm also should've stuck closer to that, though the hair is fine (the mohawk was already growing out in the last couple of EXM arcs, so I don't think that was Syaf's decision). Kitty should've kept her longer hair and should wear a colour scheme more befitting her Shadowcat identity (i.e. not yellow! And she said herself she should have a codename, and that one would be perfectly fine). Something like how she looked in X-Men Evolution (which incidentally, is where they got the idea to give her a ponytail in the first place). I don't know why they gave Rachel a mask. That goes against Kitty's idea of them being public facing heroes. Logan said at the start of EXM that he had no intention of wearing a spandex costume. And like Rachel, that would also mean wearing a mask, so I don't think he should, not when working with the Gold team any way. Besides, his costume design is probably up to the artist on his solo.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-11-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    we cannot allow kitty to continuously dress in garb fashioned for her by someone who tried to sabotage her. it's insulting to all involved for a variety of reasons.
    Yeah. I talked about Kitty's design being a hate crime before, joking, but who knows if it's not actually true. The messages there are about a verse that in some translations(according to G Willow Wilson) says that non-muslim people shouldn't lead, and this has a jewish as the team leader... And he put these messages on a scene she was giving a speech against prejudice...
    Last edited by Wiccan; 04-11-2017 at 12:47 PM.

BANNED

I have been saying this since Saturday, so thank you for making this topic, Aces.

I can not see Kitty with short hair again and not draw connotations to the sordid history of WWII, knowing Syaf's insane beliefs.

yes, exactly. it's not up to you to decide intent and consequence. marvel has already done that.

but we should respectfully request to carry that consequence out to the full extent.

allowing syaf's legacy to remain on these characters after his forceful removal from the book is not only in bad taste, it also sends mixed messages about marvel's commitment to correcting the action.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

people in this forums taking the Syaf problem over proportions. The costume are not just bad because he drew them but bad cause there are better options. Its not like the costumes have hidden messages....(I don't think)

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Its not like the costumes have hidden messages....(I don't think)
    unless you know, not think, then we are all compromised. and so are marvel. which is why we must demand these all be changed.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Nah, the proportions are correct.

His hate-infused X-Men work should be nuked from orbit - just to be sure.

BANNED

They are probably dozens of fantastic designers who'd love nothing more than to redesign Marvel's A-list X-Men team from the ground up.

Lol, any excuse for an outfit change.
    i keep reading through this thread,

All i think is
    200_s.jpg