Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Bonus points if they rescue Xavin while they're at it.

Xavin and Karolina don't have to get back together, but that was a shitty way to end things.
    YES! We need a whole Young Avengers/Runaways crossover focused on finding out what the heck happened to Xavin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I should clarify I wasn't talking about from an in-universe perspective, but a marketing/demographic sense.
    Well, I think Young Avengers has more potential to go into the Young Adult territory, since it's a franchise with actual young adults (I mean, Amadeus Cho is supposed to be a young adult as well, but it looks like Marvel doesn't remember that). But even if the marketing/demographic is similar, I don't think it's any problem. It's not like we don't have multiple other books with the same marketing/demographic being published simultaneously as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    The ship has sailed with this team
    I don't see how. Unlike many previous teen/young groups where most of the characters have vanished, a lot of the characters from YA still managed to stay relevant recently: Hawkeye, Ms. America, Wiccan, Hulkling, Cassie, Noh-Varr... it shouldn't be that hard to make a reunion happen. We just need a writer and editorial willing to.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I would like a new YA volume, but with the original characters. Introduce a new one, sure, that worked out fine in the last run. But the core should be the same. Billy, Teddy and Kate at bare minimum. I don't like the Young Avengers for the concept of a teenage group of Avengers, I like it because of the characters and their dynamic. So even if they call it something else, what I really want is just for a reunion of that group of characters.
    Agreed, Kate, Wiccan and Hulkling are must haves, otherwise it's not Young Avengers.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Sure, I'd like to see them. Though I'll echo what previous posters have said that they need the core team and then maybe add a couple of new members for freshness. I'm not sure I'd like it as a generational thing.

It is always time for more Young Avengers!

Admittedly, there may be a certain duo that I would just like to see in more comics in general, but sure YA, definitely. And I'll echo what others have said, something focusing on Teddy's background just seems necessary. Something where we get to see the dynamics between Teddy and Billy shift, where Billy goes back to being the supporter (like he did during the Skrull Invasion and during the Runaway's crossover). Maybe even facing the fact that they are from two very different worlds with two very different destinies and what that could mean for them as a couple. Add in some drama with rescuing Xavin, meeting up with Noh-Var and Speed, and I think you've got a very solid run.

Though it's a little boy-heavy (and white). Hmmm....

all the original and a couple of newbies but please NOT America Chavez. i cant stand that character

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScarlet View Post
    It is always time for more Young Avengers!

Admittedly, there may be a certain duo that I would just like to see in more comics in general, but sure YA, definitely. And I'll echo what others have said, something focusing on Teddy's background just seems necessary. Something where we get to see the dynamics between Teddy and Billy shift, where Billy goes back to being the supporter (like he did during the Skrull Invasion and during the Runaway's crossover). Maybe even facing the fact that they are from two very different worlds with two very different destinies and what that could mean for them as a couple. Add in some drama with rescuing Xavin, meeting up with Noh-Var and Speed, and I think you've got a very solid run.

Though it's a little boy-heavy (and white). Hmmm....
    YES!!!!
    Well, Xavin's a gal (wink) and its suuuuuuuuuuuper easy to throw in more females. The Knights of the Infinite has a female mage, if I recall correctly, and several of Teddy's gal pals are qualified to accompany them on space adventures in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agreed, Kate, Wiccan and Hulkling are must haves, otherwise it's not Young Avengers.
    And i would preferably like to have more of the characters from the previous runs, just to be clear. I know having all of them would likely not be feasable since the number of potential characters has grown, but I think those 3 are absolutely essential, plus say, 2 or 3 of the others. I want more Speed in particular, personally. I'd also like to see more of Cassie in her new Stinger role. But I think the identities of the latter 3 is a lot more flexible than Billy, Teddy and Kate.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-13-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    If they got Gillen and McKelvie back sure, otherwise no.
    Oh God no, honestly hated that run with so many stupid changes it felt all this team did was read a summary of the previous volume and went to a fanfic site to see what people liked without keeping to the reason people liked them.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Oh God no, honestly hated that run with so many stupid changes it felt all this team did was read a summary of the previous volume and went to a fanfic site to see what people liked without keeping to the reason people liked them.
    I liked it, I'd be cool with that team coming back. McKelvie not coming back would be a deal breaker, G Willow Wilson would be a cool Gillen replacement.

Honestly, I'm kinda hoping that's what comes out of Black Widow taking the teen heroes under her wing in Secret Empire. I mean as is, with the Secret Empire, the teens all have some connection to an Avenger:

Patriot - Captain America
    Chulk - Hulk
    Wasp - Wasp
    Spider-Man - Spider-Man
    Ms. Marvel - Captain Marvel
    Iron Heart - Iron Man
    Cyclops- Havok
    Nova - Nova
    Viv - Vision

Some would have to be cut due to large roster, but as is, this team more so resembles a Young Avengers team than anything else.

Widow was the team leader of the ORIGINAL Champions, so I think it's more likely that Uprising would set up an updated roster for that book. You could also have Falcon on your list - both he and Patriot would count Sam Wilson as their connection, and Joaquin will be in Uprising.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly, I'm kinda hoping that's what comes out of Black Widow taking the teen heroes under her wing in Secret Empire. I mean as is, with the Secret Empire, the teens all have some connection to an Avenger:

Patriot - Captain America
    Chulk - Hulk
    Wasp - Wasp
    Spider-Man - Spider-Man
    Ms. Marvel - Captain Marvel
    Iron Heart - Iron Man
    Cyclops- Havok
    Nova - Nova
    Viv - Vision

Some would have to be cut due to large roster, but as is, this team more so resembles a Young Avengers team than anything else.
    I don't see the point. Most of these characters already form an existing team. Why dig the Champions title out of obscurity only to turn it into something else less than a year after their debut?

If they did a Young Avengers book, it should use the characters who got the less spotlights and add some new faces.

For instance: Prodigy, Stature/Stinger, Speed + Striker, Jolt, Hope.

I would love a new Young Avengers book. The last run was tons of fun.
    Unfortunately though it seems Marvel is trying to push Champions as the premier teen team.

I think there could be room for both though.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

I do believe "Champions" (champions of what?) is the main young team Marvel is throwing out there but I would think its funny if there was a Young Avengers team in-universe wise to try and upstage the champions and act like some form of rivals lol.