Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Default Time for a new Young Avengers book?

I was thinking about it today and realized that Marvel could do a team now that is a mirror of the original team. Hulk (Cho), Wasp (Hope), Ironheart (Riri), Thunderstrike ( Kevin), and Stature filling the Ant Man/Giant Man role. Throw in Hawkeye (Kate) and you have a pretty well rounded team.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I was thinking about it today and realized that Marvel could do a team now that is a mirror of the original team. Hulk (Cho), Wasp (Hope), Ironheart (Riri), Thunderstrike ( Kevin), and Stature filling the Ant Man/Giant Man role. Throw in Hawkeye (Kate) and you have a pretty well rounded team.
    This would be a good idea, also I would add a magic user if Wiccan is not available, Sylvie Lushton will fit it well, also it would be nice to see at least one heroic Enchantress, not two villanous ones.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

YESSSS for a new YA bok. This roster... not so much. I want a new book with most of the former members back: Wiccan, Hulkling, Stinger, Hawkeye and Speed. I wouldn't mind newer additions like Ironheart filling Iron Lad's shoes or the new Patriot guy, whoever that is, filling Eli's shoes. Maybe even Viv or a ressurrected Vin filling Jonas's shoes. I wouldn't mind America and/or Noh-Varr coming back either. But I want those 5 I mentioned. Young Avengers never really got to have a LONG run with those characters, so I want Marvel to use them as a part of the franchise as much as possible before any major changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    This would be a good idea, also I would add a magic user if Wiccan is not available, Sylvie Lushton will fit it well, also it would be nice to see at least one heroic Enchantress, not two villanous ones.
    Speaking of Sylvie Lushton, I'd like to see the Young Masters back. They were created to be rivals of the Young Avengers, but they were never a threat to them again after the YA: Dark Reign mini. I would like to see a proper rivalry between the two teams on a YA ongoing book.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-12-2017 at 03:03 AM.

Always time for a new young avengers!

That said I had such high hopes for the young masters of evil. What a shame that didn't work out as well as it should have

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Isn't this what Champions are for, though?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

We'll get a Runaways book before Young Avengers imo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Always time for a new young avengers!
    That said I had such high hopes for the young masters of evil. What a shame that didn't work out as well as it should have
    Yeah, I wanted to see more of them, or more like them. A 'legacy' of Grey Gargoyle (no relation, but she could turn to granite) who called herself Stone Fox was my notion to add to the Young Masters.

When the Young Avengers were introduced, the Vision showed a list of potentials scattered around, and those chosen where only about a third to half of them, IIRC, suggesting that the writers were planting seeds for there to eventually be even more Young Avengers potentials out there (some of whom could end up foes...). I'd love to see that plot seed developed.

I also loved the bait-and-switch with some of the initial group. 'Hulkling' had nothing to do with the Hulk. 'Asgardian' was nothing of the sort. 'Iron Lad' had no ties to Iron Man, or even to an Avenger! Even 'Hawkeye' was less of a Hawkeye legacy and more of a Wasp legacy (socialite who just straight up decided to be a superhero and didn't let anyone tell her no). It wasn't an 'Eyes of Tara Markov' or 'Thunderbolts-are-Masters-of-Evil!' (20 year old spoiler alert...) level mind-melter, but it was more thought-provoking and surprising and fun than just being exactly what it appeared on the tin.

I say it's time for the original YA to graduate and become the New Avengers for real and get a bigger role in the MU.
    As for a new set of teens taking the Young Avengers name, I'd rather have a new Avengers Academy. A new Avengers teen book would need to set itself apart from Champions, which is already filling the "independent teens" niche. AA would focus on a closer proximity to their Avengers mentors and it could work. Nadia Pym and Ironheart would be perfect for a book like that.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    YESSSS for a new YA bok. This roster... not so much. I want a new book with most of the former members back: Wiccan, Hulkling, Stinger, Hawkeye and Speed. I wouldn't mind newer additions like Ironheart filling Iron Lad's shoes or the new Patriot guy, whoever that is, filling Eli's shoes. Maybe even Viv or a ressurrected Vin filling Jonas's shoes. I wouldn't mind America and/or Noh-Varr coming back either. But I want those 5 I mentioned. Young Avengers never really got to have a LONG run with those characters, so I want Marvel to use them as a part of the franchise as much as possible before any major changes.

Speaking of Sylvie Lushton, I'd like to see the Young Masters back. They were created to be rivals of the Young Avengers, but they were never a threat to them again after the YA: Dark Reign mini. I would like to see a proper rivalry between the two teams on a YA ongoing book.
    Personally of all of the Young Masters, Sylvie Lushton was by far the most interesting, unfortunately things like Fearless Defenders or Illuminati never gave her enough attention or be written like she was on Dark Reign: Young Avengers. I would hope to see some writer making something interesting with her.

Being a part of a group of heroes like a new Young Avengers/Runaways or even something like Avengers Academy it would be nice, she´s not vengeful, rude, enough villanous or dark, she´s a bit of light-hearted teen girl with a lot of courage.

Sometimes I thought that it would be great to see a following for whatever happened with her on Illuminati (like a new Tales of Asgard or a Journey Into Mystery book to know what kind of adventures she would have on the Ten Realms of Asgard until she meets again with Amora).

I agree with Drops of Venus and Factor.

Elevate the remaining original cast members and give them a stronger purpose within the MU.
    Additionally, revisit the Avengers Academy concept to capitalize on the coming of age stories so many readers enjoy.

I like the idea of involving Iron Heart and Viv, in some capacity, with the team as well.

And on a personal preference note that has yet to be brought up, I'd love to see Teddy's Excelsior swinging space unifying narrative revisited and explored further with the Knights of the Infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I say it's time for the original YA to graduate and become the New Avengers for real and get a bigger role in the MU.
    As for a new set of teens taking the Young Avengers name, I'd rather have a new Avengers Academy. A new Avengers teen book would need to set itself apart from Champions, which is already filling the "independent teens" niche. AA would focus on a closer proximity to their Avengers mentors and it could work. Nadia Pym and Ironheart would be perfect for a book like that.
    If Marvel used the Avengers Academy name now, though, a good chunk of potential readers would expect it to be related to the mobile game. Which, tbh, could be a fun AU, but not anything that would scratch that next gen heroes itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    If Marvel used the Avengers Academy name now, though, a good chunk of potential readers would expect it to be related to the mobile game. Which, tbh, could be a fun AU, but not anything that would scratch that next gen heroes itch.
    Maybe just rebrand it.
    Ditch the "Avengers" in the title and simply call it "Academy" and use the famous A with the arrow passing through it?

Hell, they should make a comic based on that game!

I agree that we'll get Runaways before Young Avengers. I think both that and New Warriors will return when their TV shows launch. New Mutants could end up as the 11th ResurrXion X book as well for the same reason.

Doesn't mean they shouldn't do a new Young Avengers though. The question is, how many teen books can the market support? Runaways would be it's classic cast. Young Avengers could feature a new team of lesser known kids, drawn from the old Avengers Arena, Avengers Academy, and Avengers Initiative titles, mentored by members of the adult teams (Avengers and Defenders). Basically like the old Avengers Academy, and the Avengers counterpart to Generation X. New Avengers could have most of the old Young Avengers, including Hawkeye and Stinger. The name upgrade coming because it's actually Wiccan who technically now owns that name, and, with the exception of Stinger, they're not kids now. Same reason the team with Tempest and Wonder Girl is now just called Titans. There's also, of course, the existing Champions title, and like I said, New Warriors may be coming back. Champions and Young Avengers could star younger teens, like Teen Titans does. New Avengers and New Warriors could have the older ones, like Titans.

I want a new YA book, but only if Wiccan, Speed, and Kate are main characters. (I want Eli too but I keep hearing weird things about why Marvel won't use him)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hell, they should make a comic based on that game!
    Yes please!