Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Ultimate Member

A future version of the Young Avengers had the kids all grown up, and Eli seemed to be married to a Falcon, and have a son taking on the Bucky role. It might be a fun red herring to introduce that young Falcon in a new Young Avengers series (and have her and Eli want nothing to do with each other!).

While nothing else in that future has come true, yet (Wiccan isn't the Sorcerer Supreme, Hulkling isn't Captain Marvel, etc.), Cassie has changed to a less Stature and more Stinger hero identity, as she seemed to be in that alternate future...

Wiccan is Sorcerer Supreme in the Doctor Strange book. Or, at least he will be. In a different time line than the one you just referenced. So that's two different time lines with the same outcome. It's pretty much his destiny at the point. Along with the whole Demiurge thing.

I think Brian Wood would (lol) be my choice for writer, after Gillen (but the dream of getting back such perfection is slim). Based on X-men Wood rights some great teen characters, and I'd have Clay Mann on art. No Young Avengers team makes sense without Wiccan, Hulkling and Kate Bishop. I'd add... America, Prodigy, Dust (new) Speed... and... hmmmmm... Victor Mancha. Resurrect the lad and bring him back into the fold.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowawayIdk View Post
    Well, you're not wrong. Here's hoping Runaways succeeds so hard that they dip further into their teen hero line-up and resurrect YA.

I mean, I don't think they could ever recapture the spirit or awesomeness of V2, but I'd be totally down for a more mature spin on the old team. How great would the YA be if they weren't so... young anymore?
    That's what I'm hoping as well. But considering what Marvel is pushing these days, I won't be surprised if the Runaways become besties with the Champions and they go on adventures together. /bitter

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    A future version of the Young Avengers had the kids all grown up, and Eli seemed to be married to a Falcon, and have a son taking on the Bucky role. It might be a fun red herring to introduce that young Falcon in a new Young Avengers series (and have her and Eli want nothing to do with each other!).

While nothing else in that future has come true, yet (Wiccan isn't the Sorcerer Supreme, Hulkling isn't Captain Marvel, etc.), Cassie has changed to a less Stature and more Stinger hero identity, as she seemed to be in that alternate future...
    Well, yeah, it would be fun if they did something with Eli... if they ever use him again! It's so frustrating to not know what's the deal with the Bradley family and if that's ever going to be solved. It's going to be a big loss for the Young Avengers franchise if Eli can never be used again.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Somethings just aren't meant to happen such as hulking being captain marvel and yes I say this because I believe Carol deserves to be captain marvel and I would rather not have her lose the title especially when you consider everything marvel has done In trying to push and establish her as captain marvel it would be a waste to abandon her as captain marvel and a insult to her fans.

And I believe marvel has no intention of dethroning Stephen strange from being the sorcerer supreme, I will agree with the notion that Wiccan and hulking are sadly being neglected by being put in comic book limbo

And considering how popular Bucky Barnes I don't see him going away even his death in the lead up to secret empire isn't going to stick, and nick spencer and marvel in general seem committed to having Joaquin Torres the new falcon as falcon going forward, and I believe Sam Wilson has a really big chance of remaining as captain america alongside Steve Rogers post secret empire.

And they're already introducing a new patriot so it definitely seems unlikely that Eli will return anytime soon.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 05-29-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Incredible Member

If it were up to me I'd have the team reformed by Jonas Vision whose backup has been uploaded into an AI or some sort of continuation of his character, maybe establish why his relationship with Cassie never really worked enough for her try to get him back. Nate also deserves more closure I've tried rereading Childrens Crusade and I still don't understand his motivation or what really must have happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Somethings just aren't meant to happen such as hulking being captain marvel and yes I say this because I believe Carol deserves to be captain marvel and I would rather not have her lose the title especially when you consider everything marvel has done In trying to push and establish her as captain marvel it would be a waste to abandon her as captain marvel and a insult to her fans.

And I believe marvel has no intention of dethroning Stephen strange from being the sorcerer supreme, I will agree with the notion that Wiccan and hulking are sadly being neglected by being put in comic book limbo

And they're already introducing a new patriot so it definitely seems unlikely that Eli will return anytime soon.
    I don't know why you're under the impression that Teddy becoming Captain Marvel would HAVE to mean Carol loses the name. Haven't you been following Marvel Comics lately? It's all about sharing the mantle these days.

Billy as Sorcerer Supreme is something I would've loved years ago, but now? Who needs a Sorcerer Supreme title when you're destined to be the Demiurge, literal god of the multiverse? Strange can keep his title.

And I agree that Eli is not likely to return, but not because of the new guy. Rather because some **** went down with the Bradley family and they seem to be banned from comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    If it were up to me I'd have the team reformed by Jonas Vision whose backup has been uploaded into an AI or some sort of continuation of his character, maybe establish why his relationship with Cassie never really worked enough for her try to get him back. Nate also deserves more closure I've tried rereading Childrens Crusade and I still don't understand his motivation or what really must have happened to him.
    I like your ideas VERY. MUCH. Jonas as the ''Friday'' of the Young Avengers would be GOLD. And you know what I just thought? What if that body Vision was building at the end of The Vision was not Vin or Virginia, but rather a new body for Jonas? BOOM! Unlikely, I know, but it would be a cool twist. I liked Jonas and I miss him.

And yeah, I definitely want more pre-Kang Nate Richards. I don't need him to be a hero and ally again, but I would like to know more about him and how exactly he went from young hero to one of the most vicious Avengers villains ever. It would be cool to have an arc where that is explored.

Oh, and I just had a super random thought: if we were to have an Iron Lad on the Young Avengers again who's not Nate Richards, I would like it to be Arno Stark. No specific reason, I just think it'd be a cool way to use the character again.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't know why you're under the impression that Teddy becoming Captain Marvel would HAVE to mean Carol loses the name. Haven't you been following Marvel Comics lately? It's all about sharing the mantle these days.

Billy as Sorcerer Supreme is something I would've loved years ago, but now? Who needs a Sorcerer Supreme title when you're destined to be the Demiurge, literal god of the multiverse? Strange can keep his title.

And I agree that Eli is not likely to return, but not because of the new guy. Rather because some **** went down with the Bradley family and they seem to be banned from comics.

I like your ideas VERY. MUCH. Jonas as the ''Friday'' of the Young Avengers would be GOLD. And you know what I just thought? What if that body Vision was building at the end of The Vision was not Vin or Virginia, but rather a new body for Jonas? BOOM! Unlikely, I know, but it would be a cool twist. I liked Jonas and I miss him.

And yeah, I definitely want more pre-Kang Nate Richards. I don't need him to be a hero and ally again, but I would like to know more about him and how exactly he went from young hero to one of the most vicious Avengers villains ever. It would be cool to have an arc where that is explored.

Oh, and I just had a super random thought: if we were to have an Iron Lad on the Young Avengers again who's not Nate Richards, I would like it to be Arno Stark. No specific reason, I just think it'd be a cool way to use the character again.
    Oh I've been very much been following marvel since I've started reading which was way back in summer of 2015 so that hasn't been that long but since then through marvel unlimited I've caught up with quite a lot of comics and I'm caught up to where we currently are with secret empire.

But I think I'm more doubtful if anything if marvel would be willing to go through with having a captain marvel family where various characters who have history with mar-vell such as Carol Danvers and phyla vell and hulking along with the newly resurrected mar-vell himself all carry on the mantle of captain marvel essentially starting captain marvel family of some kind which I wouldn't be opposed to or against but I'm honestly unsure if marvel would be willing to take that step.

I think it would be interesting if marvel goes through with something similar to what I just said it would be a very interesting thing for them to do for captain marvel not just for Carol Danvers as the current captain marvel but the captain marvel legacy in general.

By the way they should definitely bring back phyla vell and mar-vell from the dead, I think Gerry duggan the new writer for the guardians of the Galaxy kinda hinted at phyla being brought back from the dead which I so hope happens post legacy.

For example I'm kinda worried Laura Kinney won't be allowed to be wolverine anymore if the original younger not old man Logan James Howlett does return from the dead, I'm still honestly doubtful if mar-vell will even return they've always done red herrings with him where he comes back briefly then dies right after the story he was resurrected in has concluded.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 05-29-2017 at 05:06 PM.

A Marvel Family would be what I live and die for, but I don't think it's necessary for ALL of them to call themselves Captain Marvel. That'd be a little overkill. They could use variations of the name, like, while Mar-Vell and Carol share the Captain Marvel name, Genis could be Mr. Marvel, Phyla could be Marvel Girl, Teddy could be Marvel Boy. Stuff like that. Or they wouldn't even need to call themselves Marvel-something. They could still have their own codenames and just be a Marvel family in spirit, because that's what really counts anyway.

Incredible Member

As far as the Marvel family goes I would like to see some sort of storyline involving who should keep the Nega-Bands Hulkling or Carol.

The Nega-Bands would be kind of reduntant for Carol, as she already has most of the powers they grant anyway. So I say give it to Teddy; he's the only child of Mar-Vell who hasn't had the chance to use it yet, plus it would be cool for him to have a new set of powers. Most of the powers that he uses and is known for come from his Skrull side, so it would be nice to give him more of his Kree side to balance his abilities.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-30-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    As far as the Marvel family goes I would like to see some sort of storyline involving who should keep the Nega-Bands Hulkling or Carol.
    I think the nega bands merged with Genis.

But this actually might be a time to bring him back, since his remains I believe are floating around in the Darkforce Dimension. So he's potentially in play right now.

Phyla could be Marvel Girl, Teddy could be Marvel Boy.
    What would Jean Grey and Noh-Var make of that?

I'm not even sure if Marvel Girl means that much to teen Jean. Last I heard she was using that name, but it doesn't seem to come up very often. I feel like attempts at giving Jean a codename were never really necessary anyway. Her name is so iconic by itself that she doesn't need an alias.

As for Noh-Varr, I remember that he had completely dropped the Marvel Boy name back in Young Avengers. I'm not sure if he's using that again (haven't read Royals), but back then he seemed pretty adamant in not wanting to be called that, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be a problem at all for him if someone used it.

Anyway, like I said, it's all about sharing these days, so it wouldn't be hard for Marvel to come up with an explanation as to why two people have the same codename. And those were just examples; they could come up with other names too.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-30-2017 at 03:43 PM.

A Marvel Family would be what I live and die for, but I don't think it's necessary for ALL of them to call themselves Captain Marvel. That'd be a little overkill. They could use variations of the name, like, while Mar-Vell and Carol share the Captain Marvel name, Genis could be Mr. Marvel, Phyla could be Marvel Girl, Teddy could be Marvel Boy. Stuff like that. Or they wouldn't even need to call themselves Marvel-something. They could still have their own codenames and just be a Marvel family in spirit, because that's what really counts anyway.
    Phyla is way to old to be called girl. She's an adult woman. And even calling Teddy boy is pushing it.
    Frankly, I don't want either of them to be all that connected to either Carol Danvers or Kamala Khan. And since Marvel seems to want to eliminate Mar-Vell from Carol's origin story, I doubt they would.
    #EmmaWasRight