Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

If done right, Young Avengers and Champions can co-exist, show as the teens who still have some oversight VS the teens striking out on their own.

Heck it would be even more poetic of Young Avengers consists of a roster that is all their own, while the Champions, the non-authority, have the members that are sprung from their progenitors. Otherwise yeah, not a good idea to take the current Champions out if it, especially since most of the members made a big deal of quitting the main Avengers to begin with.

Count me as someone who would like to see the return of a Young Avengers title. But I do think it needs the right pitch: it can't just be rehash. The first volume was all about creating legacy characters who could stand on their own in time. The Gillen volume didn't create characters as much as it shined some light on diamonds in the rough from elsewhere.

I feel like this next volume, whenever it comes, needs to be bigger than what came before it if it's going to succeed in the long term. Consider the current success of so many of its members, I don't think it's crazy to think that YA could be a powerhouse if done right.

Honestly, I love the idea of doing a YA/Runaways crossover volume set in space. Just brilliant.

I wish Marvel would take a chance on a more unconventional​ "young heroes" comic. The success of Runaways, and even less impactful examples like NYX, shows that more can be done than just straight-out superheroics.

But then, I'm the guy still clamoring for a New Warriors / Initiative combo comic.

-Pav, who just misses Batwing okay...?
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Did you read the 2007 NW series?

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    I would love a new Young Avengers book. The last run was tons of fun.
    Unfortunately though it seems Marvel is trying to push Champions as the premier teen team.

I think there could be room for both though.
    If there's room for two Titans teams (indeed, there may well be three now, looking at Deathstroke's solicit for July) there's room for two non-X kid teams at Marvel.

Astonishing Member

So New Warriors about out cast supporting each other and growing, Young Avengers is about honouring roots and legacies, Champions is about giving a message that just because the help isn't flashy doesn't mean it is important and should be treated the same.

So if there would be a new Young Avengers book it should maybe look to the kids of Avengers maybe the less used/known ones, also Speed the only character out there who DIDN'T QUIT THE YOUNG AVENGERS, and yet wasn't a main character in the Vol 2 run.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

You know, if U.S.Avengers gets canceled (and I fear it might) and Marvel is feeling like having another Avengers title (because let's be real: they always do), they should totally put Ewing in charge of a Young Avengers book. The man clearly loves writing YA characters and he even teased a reunion on New Avengers. I'm sure he'd be thrilled to write it. MAKE IT HAPPEN, MARVEL EDITORS!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    You know, if U.S.Avengers gets canceled (and I fear it might) and Marvel is feeling like having another Avengers title (because let's be real: they always do), they should totally put Ewing in charge of a Young Avengers book. The man clearly loves writing YA characters and he even teased a reunion on New Avengers. I'm sure he'd be thrilled to write it. MAKE IT HAPPEN, MARVEL EDITORS!
    Oh please LAWDY make it SO!
    Give him the reigns of America's book while we're at it so he can clean up that tragic mess.

SO much to explore with both the Young Avengers characters and the Runaways characters. SO MUCH. And the two teams chemistry together is just uncanny.
    We need FURTHER exploration of both Nico's and Billy's magical prowess -- I'd love for these two do become "study" buddies. The LOSS of Victor Mancha DESERVES addressing among those who loved him most. Chase and Molly's brother/sister dynamic. I STILL feel an aching void in my bitty nerd heart over Xavin's sacrifice for Karolina -- and what about the Super Skrull who impersonated Teddy in volume 1 so that he could remain on Earth? What ever happened to him? There is such a wealth of gold to mine with these teams, especially together, so YES I would really REALLY love it if Ewing took them to space and beyond (instead of those damned Inhumans)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    But then, I'm the guy still clamoring for a New Warriors / Initiative combo comic.
    There were a lot of interesting characters in the Initiative that I wouldn't mind seeing again, some of whom, like Komodo and Hardball, got a lot of play, others of whom, like Melee, Red Nine, Spinner and Telemetry, we barely saw.

And some of the latest New Warriors, like Haechi and Sun Girl and Water Snake, I'd love to see again.

There's just so many good teen heroes out there that Marvel doesn't seem to know what to do with, or want to use, not just the Young Avengers and Runaways.

I'm waiting to see Finesse, Stryker and Reptil again, from the Avengers Academy run! Or Dust, Hellion, Indra, Bling!, etc. from the New X-Men!

BANNED

After the last volume either entirely new/different characters or keep the series dead

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    There were a lot of interesting characters in the Initiative that I wouldn't mind seeing again, some of whom, like Komodo and Hardball, got a lot of play, others of whom, like Melee, Red Nine, Spinner and Telemetry, we barely saw.

And some of the latest New Warriors, like Haechi and Sun Girl and Water Snake, I'd love to see again.

There's just so many good teen heroes out there that Marvel doesn't seem to know what to do with, or want to use, not just the Young Avengers and Runaways.

I'm waiting to see Finesse, Stryker and Reptil again, from the Avengers Academy run! Or Dust, Hellion, Indra, Bling!, etc. from the New X-Men!
    Dust is going to turn up in Gold, in the Secret Empire arc. Bling is a regular in Generation X.

Best case scenario, Kate, Wiccan and Hulkling get to graduate and reform the New Avengers. It's the next obvious step for the characters. When the YA first got together, the New Avengers was the "main" Avengers team. Now they've grown a lot and have been through so much, it makes perfect sense for them to take that name and be on the same level as the classic guys.
    Have the classic "Avengers" book and "New Avengers" standing side by side, each with their own mission.

Since USAvengers probably isn't lasting long, Ewing would be a pretty cool choice for writer and I think they could add some of the characters he's written before. Iron Patriot could work as the team's "Iron Man", White Tiger could get repowered and Power Man could return. There are tons of cool options they could use, IMO.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    We'll get a Runaways book before Young Avengers imo.
    Well, you're not wrong. Here's hoping Runaways succeeds so hard that they dip further into their teen hero line-up and resurrect YA.

I mean, I don't think they could ever recapture the spirit or awesomeness of V2, but I'd be totally down for a more mature spin on the old team. How great would the YA be if they weren't so... young anymore?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowawayIdk View Post
    Well, you're not wrong. Here's hoping Runaways succeeds so hard that they dip further into their teen hero line-up and resurrect YA.

I mean, I don't think they could ever recapture the spirit or awesomeness of V2, but I'd be totally down for a more mature spin on the old team. How great would the YA be if they weren't so... young anymore?
    You'll have to deal with the fact that there's going to be a new Patriot showing up. Apparently Nick is going to pay service to Eli, but man that's going to be a hard sell with the group.

If we do have a YA group, I would say the older set training the younger set, in this case:

Iron Heart
    Moon Girl
    Kid Kaiju
    Patriot (Rayshaun)
    Stinger
    Klara
    Ahura

At least for a starting set. Have them learn to work as a team, it would be kind of amazing watching Lunella get into discussions with the others given her ego and Devil. Knowing her she would insist on doing things on her own.

It wouldn't make sense for Klara to join a Young Avengers team when the Runaways have a book.

Young Avengers
    Patriot (Eli Bradley)
    Hulkling (Teddy Atlman)
    Wiccan (Billy Kaplan)
    Speed (Tommy Shepard)
    Ironheart (Riri Williams)
    Miss America (America Chavez)
    Stature (Cassandra Lang)
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.