Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I expect the Truth to end with Diana saving Izzy, freeing Ares, and allying with Veronica Cale... who may or may not end up living on Themyscira.

Cheetah will hate Diana for allying with Cale, Ares will be free, Circe will be hounded (literally), and Cyber will lose her only friend. The Truth will end with a variety of enemies available for conflict, and still we'll get a happy ending of mothers and daughters reuinited.

My big question is this...

Just who is Circe taking to the Springsteen concert?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post

Dun-Dun-Dun-Dunnnn.

So many questions

BANNED

Next meal?

(Don't be that person!)

BANNED

Henry the Hipster?

Always Rakzo

Hey, is cool that Rucka is actually using Strife... oh wait, that's actually Circe, nevermind.

That being said, I did enjoy Circe's reintroduction here, she was pretty enjoyable in terms of personality (although it brings the question about why Rucka continues to neglect the best things from Azzarello's run). Sure, is pretty different from previous incarnations but look at the positive side, at least she's not as badly portrayed as Cheetah. Now THAT is terrible characterization.

Evely's artwork becomes better and better with each new issue, this was her best work here yet.

I hope we're still due a proper reveal of Circe's true form and this isn't her real Rebirth design. Though maybe that's still the New 52 look? I guess time will tell.

Maybe Circe will exchange Springsteen soul for Cale's kid

Circe is a witch for hire, maybe a Barcelonan client wanted Springsteen tickets?

Really disliked Rucka's Circe here, hopefully the version recently seen in Trinity will be the one enduring once this run is done... Plus, the design is just not a good fit and she looks like a doctor with that coat.

Honestly, Veronica Cale has been the only villain that Rucka has done anything interesting with. For a "rebirth" of her rogues gallery, all the classics have fallen short so far.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    What's clear to me is that this jocularity is surface only, and there are some deeper motivations that are only hinted at right now. And that her quips are Spider...
    Rucka has taken a silly character and made an amusing character. We're laughing with Circe, now, ..even when we're not sure...er-rrr why? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Really disliked Rucka's Circe here, hopefully the version recently seen in Trinity will be the one enduring once this run is done... Plus, the design is just not a good fit and she looks like a doctor with that coat...Honestly, Veronica Cale has been the only villain that Rucka has done anything interesting with. For a "rebirth" of her rogues gallery, all the classics have fallen short so far.
    I'm not opposed to crowning Cale, chairman of the rogues' board or archenemy, ..but, she's got to earn that from us, fans. Rucka's got to do more with her, than sinister, bad telefilm-class, billionaire industrialist, and right now, there just isn't much more to her, than that.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-13-2017 at 12:12 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Mighty Member

I don't like Circe's design here, I'm more into the crazy outfits and constant style changes but this issue was engaging so I dont know how others aren't into it. I'm still annoyed that we have gotten so little of Diana when this is her book but I'm still enjoying the story.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 04-13-2017 at 03:11 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    I'm still annoyed that we have gotten so little of Diana when this is her book but I'm still enjoying the story.
    Probably my biggest grip so far. Diana herself has gotten very little development, and instead Rucka is trying to shove as many of his rogues into this story as possible. Kind of makes me glad that Rucka is leaving after #25.

I think I'd like to see this Circe concept rendered by a variety of artists before I pass judgment. There's a lot to like about it, and a lot to question. #1 I like that Evely put her in clothes, and hid some big tattoos.

After re-reading it, I did enjoy Circe quite a bit more. I think her power levels are still there (such as when she obliterated those soldiers without barely batting an eye), and her deal-making reminded me of Ursula from the Little Mermaid, which is always a good thing.

Odd that she had that back tattoo while in Trinity, no sign of it. I wish there was a bit more consistency since that Circe seems to have been ripped right out of the pages of the New 52 (it even had the flashback panel with her fighting the New 52 Wonder Woman).

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Probably my biggest grip so far. Diana herself has gotten very little development, and instead Rucka is trying to shove as many of his rogues into this story as possible. Kind of makes me glad that Rucka is leaving after #25.
    Ehh, the Wonder Woman series has had a rogues gallery problem ever since Marston left the book. It honestly shocks me it took them this long for a writer to come along with the intention of better establishing her rogues.

Nearly every other run focuses on Diana, it's nice to see the attention given to the characters who inhabit her world.