Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I liked how Circe kept casually calling Adrianna a machine. You could tell it hurt her because AI or not, she does have emotions as shown by her adorable reaction to the puppies. Circe knew this but didn't care, she reveled in showing Adrianna she wasn't human and that as Cale's protector she was ineffective.

Circe's subdued look was a clear attempt to desexualize her, yet retain her over the top demeanor. It worked. Bilquis Everly conveyed so much through body language and facial expressions Circe still felt flamboyant and larger than life. It did appear she and pre-Cyberwalker Adrianna would be friends based on their compatible styles, but Cale, Maru and Minerva are so different that wasn't a problem for me.

9 out of 10
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 04-14-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I find things that don't appeal to me.

I want Circe to be dramatically opposed to Wonder Woman, meaning that I want her goals and intentions to be the opposite to Diana's. Circe should not want a bright future, she shouldn't want the future at all. She should delight in the nostalgia of HER prime, and want to drag things back to its "simplicity". She should somewhat hate other people, she should be bored and disgusted with them, and entertain herself by humiliating them. She can live alone, or attended by servants, but to make peers of mortals is beyond her compassion or understanding.
    Why does this remind me of Enchantress from THOR?

Clearly, I'm the only postor reading this comic, who watches DOCTOR WHO! Even the cover for #20, ..it screams 'Who'.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I'm behind in my reading, but I just had to say this was a great issue! Every other month it seems Rucka comes up with one that makes me say this is my fave of the run so far. LOL. It felt like so many of the threads that have been dangled are coming together in an exciting way. Really enjoyed the humor of Adrianna and Circe. Wonder Wonder IS shown doing heroic WW-stuff. The two page spread of Circe in the lasso casting her spell is Evely at her best.

I always have a quibble though: I don't like the colors. Why is Diana's hair charcoal gray and why is her costume a shade closer to orange than red?
    Last edited by Largo161; 05-07-2017 at 08:30 AM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I always have a quibble though: I don't like the colors. Why is Diana's hair charcoal gray and why is her costume a shade closer to orange than red?
    Probably to highlight Bilquis's lines, especially on hair. It would be a shame not to! It also helps to give the past days story a different feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    ...I don't like the colors. Why is Diana's hair charcoal gray and why is her costume a shade closer to orange than red?
    Don't know and don't much like it, either.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!