Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Kitty was in GOTG #19..

I'm just so confused when the issue takes place. Is it after the current Star Lord series? Before? Or was it before X-Men Gold #1?

She has short hair. Wearing X uniform!

Kitty and Star-Lord leave on good terms it seems. It would help to know when it takes place. Lol.

This is Marvel so continuity is a thing they struggle with, but I think for all intents and purposes it takes place after Star Lord #1. Since Kitty is in her current costume and Star Lord is wearing the costume he got in his solo while still on earth.

Astonishing Member

It's Bendis's swan song on the title, of course she was going to show up.

Definitely takes place after X-Men Gold #1 (she still had long hair in Prime), and probably after the next two or three issues of Nova as well... since the Corps aren't meant to be back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Definitely takes place after X-Men Gold #1 (she still had long hair in Prime), and probably after the next two or three issues of Nova as well... since the Corps aren't meant to be back yet.
    On Gold she already shows up with her hair cut. It could just be that this is between Prime and Gold.

BANNED

That hair and costume are just completely unsalvageable, even when drawn by top drawer talent like Schiti and Maguire.

Cause In Prime she made it clear she was done romantic entanglements with men named Peter. Here she was talking to Ben about can long distance love affairs work. So..

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That hair and costume are just completely unsalvageable, even when drawn by top drawer talent like Schiti and Maguire.
    I knew it was a miss when Lashley drew it and it was worse than Syaf

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I see nothing wrong with Katherine having short hair it suits her honestly my hope is they stick with the hairstyle for awhile though because I love it see doesn't need to always have long hair.

Kinda of topic but I'm still unsure how I feel about bendis's run of the guardians of the Galaxy.

I'm glad Kitty showed up in this issue, I would've been very annoyed if she didn't, given this book started with her as one of the core Guardians.

Continuity wise, I think it made sense, it's supposed to take place in between Prime & Gold, and it was nice to see her talk with Ben Grimm about her situation. That whole "done with romantic entanglements" was all just inner monologue, so it doesn't ruin anything to have her ask that stuff in this book.

I am very glad the Peter/Kitty romance was given a somewhat conclusion. She hears from Ben that these things happen and there's nothing wrong with it, Peter & Kitty get their goodbye hug, and she gets a little tear as they leave. As someone (and seemingly one of the few people) who really loved this pairing, I'm glad it wasn't just thrown to the side and never spoken of again, it was well handled and ends on a positive note. Who knows, maybe we'll get something the next time they see each other? (Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful ^^;; )

I'm surprised Bendis didn't have his self insert sleep with Kitty one last time, haha. I'll never understand why people liked the Peter/Kitty romance so much. I guess because the Guardians movie just came out when this first started and they got caught up in that. I thought it didn't do her characters any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'm surprised Bendis didn't have his self insert sleep with Kitty one last time, haha. I'll never understand why people liked the Peter/Kitty romance so much. I guess because the Guardians movie just came out when this first started and they got caught up in that. I thought it didn't do her characters any favors.
    I started following the Guardians book early 2016, so that may be why for me. One of the things that got me excited about the book was seeing that Kitty Pryde became Star-Lord. Them being a couple was just an added bonus, and an interesting idea for them as a couple to me. It wasn't until I read Sam Humphries' "Out Of Orbit" arc from the Star-Lord book, then went back and read his Legendary Star-Lord that I felt he really developed their interactions with each other and made me really love their relationship together. Bendis didn't really do anything noteworthy with them other than have them be together, but I still enjoyed it. Didn't think there was anything really terrible about it.

If Bendis writes it, then do not worry about continuity. The editors will force his stories into what little is left of Marvel continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I am very glad the Peter/Kitty romance was given a somewhat conclusion. She hears from Ben that these things happen and there's nothing wrong with it, Peter & Kitty get their goodbye hug, and she gets a little tear as they leave. As someone (and seemingly one of the few people) who really loved this pairing, I'm glad it wasn't just thrown to the side and never spoken of again, it was well handled and ends on a positive note. Who knows, maybe we'll get something the next time they see each other? (Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful ^^;; )
    I wonder if fans of this couple will feel satisfied with this conclusion in the long run? Sounds a lot like to me that this relationship was really neglected down the stretch and then given only a slight nod right before everybody moved on. You didn't even get one last conversation that could have provided closure? Yikes. If it was a couple I cared about, I'd rather have the relationship go out with a bang than a whimper (no pun intended).

ETA: Come to think of it, they gave even less closure to the Colossus and Domino pairing, which was one I did care about.

BANNED

I'm more worried about Kitty getting back with Stalkerlossus (now again devoid of all the personality Hopeless imbued him with) than than the way she ended things with Star-Lord.