Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default X-men Blue Speculation: Who Is The Hidden Wolverine Character?

Now that X-men Blue is out, I thought I'd start this thread to streamline the discussion. I have a feeling that after reading X-men Blue #1, it's a good time to start speculating. We've all seen the cover of X-men Blue #4 and the blurred cover for X-men Blue #5. Marvel is being coy about who it may be, but I think it's very clear that this isn't the same Logan that died. I don't think anyone even expected it to be him. I think it's clear now that this is someone different and Bunn has already hinted in is last X-POSITION that this character will become a major player moving forward.

So let's start the discussion on who this new Wolverine-like character will be. I know there are plenty of posts in other threads about this topic. I've even commented on a few of them. Until the next few come out, let's start reviewing the possibilities. The list is short, but they're all possible at this point.

The first and likely choice, in my opinion, is Jimmy Hudson. Like Miles, he might have survived the destruction of the Ultimate universe somehow and is now exiled in the mainline universe. He has blond hair. He wears a hoodie. If I had to bet money, I'd say it's Jimmy.

The second option, which I think is also somewhat likely is Raze, the son of Mystique and Wolverine from the Battle of the Atom timeline. I know he was MIA after their last encounter in Bendis' run, but I think this could actually be more viable. The whole Battle of the Atom storyline wasn't completely resolved. Bunn may try to do what Bendis couldn't and wrap it up. It may have been the case that Raze was under the complete control of Xavier Jr. and he escaped. Those that read X-men Blue #1 may see why this is possible and, from a timeline perspective, would make sense.

The third and least likely choice, at this point, is Daken. Again, after reading X-men Blue #1, I now think this isn't happening. However, it may still be possible somehow. It's remote, but not impossible. Seeing as how Bunn has said that Ms. Sinister will return and she has a history with Daken, it could still happen. I just think it's not very probable.

The last choice could be someone entirely new. Perhaps this is some other Wolverine clone or derivative of sorts. Again, with Ms. Sinister involved, that's entirely possible. We've already seen X-23 get cloned again with Gabby. It's entirely possible that there could be another clone running around.

If anyone has any other possibilities, go ahead and list them. I imagine this will be a popular topic of discussion over the next month or so.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I believe this was discussed in another thread recently. Most coming to the conclusion it must be Jimmy Hudson. As you can see on another cover where the clawed character his face is blurred, he has similar clothing as Ultimate Jimmy and you can see he got blond hair. So far, there has only been one clawed blond guy: Jimmy.
    BLEU.jpg
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 04-12-2017 at 05:01 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Awesome, another replacement Wolverine that wears bland brown clothing.

Seriously, can Laura just be the only Wolverine? Please? Do we really need there to be four of them?
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Amazing Member

Serious spoilers below!!!!!!

spoilers:
    Today's issue of X-Men blue confirmed it's Jimmy Hudson
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I believe this was discussed in another thread recently. Most coming to the conclusion it must be Jimmy Hudson. As you can see on another cover where the clawed character his face is blurred, he has similar clothing as Ultimate Jimmy and you can see he got blond hair. So far, there has only been one clawed blond guy: Jimmy.
    BLEU.jpg
    I agree and I still think he's the most likely, but I also don't think that precludes someone like Raze. Being a shape-shifter, he could take any form he wanted. And the O5 have dealt with Raze on multiple occasions so him returning to the fold does make sense on some levels.

But if I still had to bet money, I'd go with Jimmy. I still don't like Jimmy and would rather he stay gone, like the rest of the Ultimate universe, but I think the odds point to him more than anyone at this point.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by EcoBatman View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I think surprise on that shocking reveal will be minimal.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I think surprise on that shocking reveal will be minimal.
    Ha! you never know with some people though!

Ha! you never know with some people though!
    True, true. I shouldn't make fun. Some folks do still like to wait for the surprise.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Can you spoil a bit more about the issue?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

[QUOTE=EcoBatman;2742130]Serious spoilers below!!!!!!

spoilers:
    Today's issue of X-Men blue confirmed it's Jimmy Hudson.
    end of spoilers

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the character was never specifically identified. He does show up, but he doesn't go by a name. And remember, Raze can shape-shift. So I don't think the end of X-men Blue #1 confirmed anything.

BANNED

So we've got the Old Man, Laura, Gabby, Bellona, Daken, General Howlett, BotA Logan, Raze, and now spoilers:
    probably Jimmy.
    end of spoilers

This is really getting out of hand...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So we've got the Old Man, Laura, Gabby, Bellona, Daken, General Howlett, BotA Logan, Raze, and now spoilers:
    probably Jimmy.
    end of spoilers

Assuming there all still alive and still in cannon you forgetting abouth his male teenage clone Kouen, avery connor a girl who had logans dna merged with her, Erista his first kid whos probly still alive. And weapon 2 a squirrel with all of wolverine powers

another thread about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    probably Jimmy.
    end of spoilers

We don't know if General Howlett or Raze are still around post Secret Wars, to be fair. But, yeah, Logan has a lot of "kids." And I prefer Jimmy to Daken honestly. Just never took to the latter. If Daken must exist, I prefer him as a true villain than as an antihero.

One other tidbit I forgot to mention was that at the end of X-men Blue #1, there were some teasers about some upcoming conflicts. One of them showed the Brotherhood from Battle of the Atom. Raze wasn't there, but Xavier Jr. was. That's what led me to believe that Raze could be the character that was teased. He has the same claw alignment. He has the same set of skills, but he can also shape shift. So while Jimmy is still the most likely, I think Raze is also likely if that teaser has any weight to it.