Mighty Member

Default My ideas for post secret empire spider man

Peter as a freelance inventor.
    Parker Industries gone and forgotten.
    Otto forgetting Peter's secret.
    MJ at least friends with Peter.
    Parker luck letting Peter have some wins between losses.
    Peter being unknown to the world again.
    Romance for Peter.
    Renew the feud between JJJ and Spidey.
    Make Peter more competent again.
    Spidey saving the day without help again.

Mighty Member

I wonder if hydracap will use the PI debacle as yet another excuse for Hydra to take over the world.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I wonder if hydracap will use the PI debacle as yet another excuse for Hydra to take over the world.
    HYDRA is already allied with Otto Octavius to destroy Parker Industries, probably because it sees Parker Industries under Peter's leadership as one of the things standing in the way of its ultimate conquest, given that Peter is bankrolling the Avengers with it, and destroying Parker Industries denies the Avengers (and Spider-Man) a valuable tool and resource.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Avengers won't need Spidey's funding if Tony comes back, so that's not going to work!

How would the freelance inventor thing work?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

My idea for the perfect status quo for Spidey post-secret empire and into the Legacy era would see -

• Peter back in New York. The city is synonymous with him the same way Metropolis is to Superman or Gotham to Batman. As great as it is to see him trotting the globe, he really needs to be back swinging around the Big Apple again.
    • Back to being a grounded hero again.
    • He needs to be down on his luck post Parker Industries. A transition period where we see him picking up the pieces and building a new life for himself. It shouldn't be ongoing. Just for a few arcs.
    • Rebuilding his ties to his supporting cast again.
    • MJ back in his life again. As a close friend at first. But then a slow build to a will they, won't they type situation. Where one likes the other, but something, or someone, gets in the way of them actually getting back together. Could eventually have them date again.
    • I'd really like Peter to have a job in the scientific field. A good setup would be Peter becoming a Lecturer at ESU. A professorship in Biology and Chemistry. Where he has to struggle with setting lesson plans and exams in-between his duties as Spider-man. Dodging lectures last minute. Introduce a Dean that gives him a hard time in a mold similar to JJJ. Students can be a part of his new support cast.
    • The Bugle needs to come back in a big way. Robbie Robertson needs to be elevated to Publisher and bring Betty back as the Editor. Have the Bugle be a positive advocate of Spider-man.
    • Not sure what JJJ's status will be. Maybe he can still stay as an anchor for his own show. Still being negative towsrds Spidey. Glory as his executive producer.
    • Aunt May needs to be the head of her own social work group again/foundation. Bring Randy back to his previous social work roots and have him working alongside her.